Cooler Near The Lake XII

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Re: Cooler Near The Lake XII

Postby dwe » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:18 am

I don’t think the little snow, if any, will bother anyone’s ability to get their trailer in a site. We have 2 more days of nice weather and maybe some rain. It will be fine.
If Your Dream Doesn't Scare You, It Isn't Big Enough!
dwe
Teardrop Master

Postby Karen Clancy » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:42 am

Well I just got off the phone with a spoke person at the park & was told the sites are in good shape , with only the large over flow lot has some snow & expects to be all gone by weekend . See you all in 2 days .
Karen Clancy
Teardrop Advisor

Postby dwe » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:53 pm

I am at kohlerAndrea state park right now and only two sites 29 and 32 Have a very very little snow on the pad. I just talk to the maintence people and the bathrooms are scheduled to be open tomorrow if not tomorrow for sure by Friday
dwe
Teardrop Master

Postby Woodbutcher » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:09 pm

Thanks Dennis for checking on the condition of the park. I will leave the snow shovel at home. :lol:

I hope the bathrooms get open before Friday as many of us get there on Thursday. I hope they realize that. :worship:
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby dwe » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:13 pm

They said it was scheduled for tomorrow and unless something happens it should be done. No promises
dwe
Teardrop Master

Postby SStangler » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:33 pm

Late bloomers, sorry!

Shana and Steve Site #37 - hopefully Friday arrival, if not, Saturday. (Trying to corral kids into their plans.)

Also - our teardrop gathering was "announced" on the Wisconsin Camping Facebook group tonight - not sure if it was someone here who posted. (Good reminder to me, as we thought we had a conflict).

Anyway, are there specific "trailer tour" hours that we would want to post?

Thanks,
Shana
SStangler
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Gary and Cheri » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:13 am

We are a very informal group Shana. Believe me when I say you will have no trouble getting a tour of each and every trailer especially those who build their own. You will be gong away with way to many cool ideas to improve your own camping life. The schedule as explained under what to expect on page one may seem to have a lot of open time but you will find yourself wanting more time to explore the area. Going to be a busy weekend which is going to lead you to want more camping. More than half this group is Land of Lincoln chapter which has a full schedule for camping in northern Illinois. Both of that chapter's directors will be at our gathering. Look on Tear Jerkers to see their schedule. Look forward to seeing you.
" I started out with nothing and I have most of it left." Groucho Marx

With each grey hair I'm another step closer to becoming a wizard!
Gary and Cheri
500 Club

Postby SStangler » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:58 am

Thanks Gary! I meant for people who may find us via the Wisconsin Camping Facebook group.

See you this weekend.
SStangler
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Gary and Cheri » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:33 am

Just got off the phone with the Park so here is where things stand. They are currently working on getting the heated bathrooms and showers up and running. Unless they come across an unexpected winter problem we should be sitting on warm porcelain. Most camp sites are now free of snow and the warm weather should help with those that are not. I leave that statement to your judgement. The Tiki Torch walk is still on for Saturday night. It will not pass by the shelter so we won't have unexpected visitors in the shelter. Part of the walk will be in "No Dog" territory. Again I remind you that dogs are not allowed in the shelter. See many of you tomorrow. Let the camping begin!

Gary and Cheri
500 Club

Postby Woodbutcher » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:09 pm

Good news Gary, thanks for the update. See ya tomorrow!
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby gdpipkorn » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:56 pm

Hi Gary, We have the opportunity to come on Thursday. Is there still room for us at CNO?
If one's life is entertaining, there is no need to go and buy entertainment.
gdpipkorn
Gold Donating Member

Postby Gary and Cheri » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:08 pm

Absolutely!!!! Remember it is National Pretzel Day 2018 so bring some for the group. A little fancy mustard would compliment the pretzels nicely. Just kidding but it really is national pretzel day.

Gary and Cheri
500 Club

Postby BrwBier » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:15 pm

I went back to the park today and the sites are 99% clear. Snow will still be available in the overflow lot for those who might need some???? The temp was a balmy 47° with a north east wind. As with tradition I think it will be cool to cold for the weekend with temps rising to the 70s for Monday. See you all on Friday.
Bob
BrwBier
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Karen Clancy » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:25 pm

Just want to give a BIG shout out to Gary for putting together another Good event ( Cooler near the lake ) . Karen & Myself both had a good time & Gary must have put a request in for good weather also cause it was Good . Thanks Gary & Cheri See you down the road
Karen Clancy
Teardrop Advisor

Previous

Return to Midwest