GETTYSBURG - Just testing the waters . . .

Northeast Region including New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, Massachusetts & Connecticut - Tearjerkers founder Todd Brunengraber Also New England, New York State, Liberty Bell, and Potomac Basin Chapters of the TearJerkers

GETTYSBURG - Just testing the waters . . .

Postby Outlaw » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:06 pm

Any interest for a gathering? I searched and haven't found any activity. There are a couple real nice campgrounds in the area and there's obviously a lot of American history to take in. Talk about a North meets South gathering . . .
Eric
ImageImageImage
Outlaw
Donating Member

Postby madjack » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:11 pm

I dunno Eric...the last NvS at Gettysburg didn't end up too good for the South...although I understand that much revenge was had at the NvS gathering at Ft. Chiswell this past summer...including the surrender of the Norths fearless leader...regadless of what kinda bumps and their usage may have occured... :D :lol: ;)
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby toypusher » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:23 pm

Eric,

I have camped at Drummer Boy a few times. It's a nice campground, but tends to get a bit crowed sometimes. I really love the area and the history. I have trouble getting much time off in the summer, so it could be difficult to attend. Living only about 30 - 45 minutes away, I can always come by to visit, even if I could not attend a gathering. When figure out a time to want to try for, let me know and I will see what I can do to help.
toypusher
Site Admin

Granite Hill

Postby pbb » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:20 pm

I took the teardrop to the Bluegrass Festival at Granite Hill campground last spring. Great music and nice people in attendance. The grounds had some very nice and some not so nice spots.

:)
pbb
Teardrop Builder

Postby goldcoop » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:40 pm

Eric-

I say go for it! Set a date/place & post it...They will come!

Also, here are a couple scheduled down that way:

TearJerkers Liberty Bell Chapter

August 3-5 "Fixin' ta git ready" Near York, PA.

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/ ... nchot.aspx

This is our off year rally to gain support for our 2008 North Meets South Rally. Many chapters will be holding Rally’s this weekend.

September 14-16 "Keystone KampOut" Latrobe, PA.

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/ ... stone.aspx

Our second Co-op Rally of the year in western PA. With our Co-sponsors Galen & Jerry from the Buckeye Chapter.

Contact,

Len Daddona at [email protected] TearJerkers
Or
Rich “Coop” Cooper at [email protected]

Cheers,

Coop
goldcoop
Silver Donating Member

Postby Outlaw » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:42 am

I'd love to come check out those events. Unfortunately, I work most weekends (I'm a DJ), and I have to block things out waaay ahead of time. Some of my weddings are booked 1-2 years in advance. I may take a drive up on Sunday to the August event. I finally have a TD, now I'm pulling my hair out trying attend a group event. I'm right in between the Liberty Bell and Potomac Basin TJ's. Gettysburg is about 45 mins from me. If I were to plan something there, I would still be close enough to my market area to care of any business related emergencies.

Both Granite Hill and Drummer boy would work for such an event. Granite Hill would have little more "battlefield effect". IMO, Drummer boy is a little nicer if you can get away from the RT 15 traffic noise.
Eric
ImageImageImage
Outlaw
Donating Member

Postby s4son » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:54 am

We went to Gettysburg for a family vacation about ten years ago. I have been itching to get back. I didn't get near enough time to explore. We can't make it this year but will definitley watch for something in 2008.

Scott F.
Are we there yet?
ImageImage
s4son
Donating Member

Postby BILLYL » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:47 am

I like this idea.

We checked out this park - in between Chambersburg and Gettysburg on rt 30. Nice campground.

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/ ... donia.aspx

Most weekends are good.

Bill
"If your children ever find out how lame you really are, they'll
gonna murder you in your sleep...." Frank Zappa
BILLYL
Donating Member

Postby toypusher » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:32 am

Bill,

I know where that one is. I have never been there, but drive by it frequently on my way to Chambersburg or back. It's only about another 15 - 20 mins frm Gettysburg for me.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Outlaw » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:51 am

Caledonia is about 25 mins from me. It's about 7 mins from Chambersburg, and a short drive to Gettysburg. There are actually two separate campgrounds for Caledonia. The main area directly inside the park only has few sites that have electric. Up the road about a half mile is another camp area (still Caledonia) that has several sites with electric. Lots of great hiking trails everywhere, including the appalachian trail. It also has a pool.
Eric
ImageImageImage
Outlaw
Donating Member

Postby BILLYL » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:15 am

Yeah -
we checked it out last year and it's only about 90 minutes from home - and the pool looks real nice. We have been looking for a place to go that is easy to get to and not that far - and this park looks like it fits the bill.

May I suggest a date - how about the weekend of May 18-20th - or sooner.

see you there......................

Bill
"If your children ever find out how lame you really are, they'll
gonna murder you in your sleep...." Frank Zappa
BILLYL
Donating Member

Postby Outlaw » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:42 am

Unfortunately, I have to work that Saturday (Wedding DJ). I've been trying to lay down vacation/camping plans in our family calendar. Between my wife's schedule (every other weekend) and mine, it's really tough to get out. During the summer, we have to go Sun, Mon, Tues many times just to get out.

I'm actually very serious about putting something together in Gettysburg. It may not be this season although I'm gonna try. The two campgrounds I'm considering are in the immediate area of MD RT15 about 25mins North of Frederick, MD. Battlefield bus tours leave directly from both locations. If you plan on being at Caledonia sometime this year, please let me know. I'd love to stop by and say hello.
Eric
ImageImageImage
Outlaw
Donating Member

Postby Dee Bee » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:03 pm

BILLYL wrote:I like this idea.

We checked out this park - in between Chambersburg and Gettysburg on rt 30. Nice campground.

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/ ... donia.aspx

Most weekends are good.

Bill

Caledonia has a great pool... also check out the group camping area...
This park is right on the AT for hikinbg enthusiasts.

Dee Bee
Grace happens...
Dee Bee
500 Club

Postby goldcoop » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:18 pm

Outlaw wrote: I may take a drive up on Sunday to the August event. I finally have a TD, now I'm pulling my hair out trying attend a group event. I'm right in between the Liberty Bell and Potomac Basin TJ's.

Eric-

We would love to meet you guys! Please DO try to make it up for the day!

Don't sweat being between the two chapters.

ANYONE can come to ANY chapters TearJerkers event as they please, this is our creed:

"If you enjoy the great outdoors and fellowship with others, our
campsite will always be open."

TearJerkers is an informal group of people who share their love of teardrop trailers through discussions, and Teardrop Gatherings.

NO membership fees, NO salesman will call, etc. :lol:

Cheers,

Coop
goldcoop
Silver Donating Member

Postby toypusher » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:24 pm

Coop,

You and Len AREN'T salesman :QM :QM :QM :o :shock: :? :lol:
toypusher
Site Admin

Next

Return to Northeast