TearJerkers Liberty Bell Chapter Pocono Get Away 6/22-24/07

Northeast Region including New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, Massachusetts & Connecticut - Tearjerkers founder Todd Brunengraber Also New England, New York State, Liberty Bell, and Potomac Basin Chapters of the TearJerkers

TearJerkers Liberty Bell Chapter Pocono Get Away 6/22-24/07

Postby len19070 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:43 am

Pocono Get Away, June 22-24, 2007, Near Scranton, PA.

Hey all-

Here's the skinny:

We will be congregated in the "Fox Run" loop sites 51-65.

Some electric/some not.

PETS are allowed in this loop and you don't have to have a pet to be
there.

It's a cozy little loop only 15 sites and its situated on the side of
a hill (the sites themselves are paved & level).

Highly forested which will be nice.

It's all paved so bikes would be GREAT.

NONE of the campsites are immediate to the water, close but not REAL
close.

Nice unloading ramp & parking lot for boating.

Anyhow, I booked site #52, Len in #51 these are the 1st two sites you
see coming into the loop, so look for our smiling faces!

According to the Park Director things DO fill up, as "Fox Run" is the
popular loop, reserve ASAP!

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/ ... wanna.aspx

Cheers,

Coop

As always, You do not have to be a member of TearJerkers to attend a Rally. All are welcome. If you can't spend the night, then just come out for the day.

Happy Trails

Len
:peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace:
http://s26.photobucket.com/user/len1907 ... 20trailers

"If you do good things, good things will happen to you"..... Earl Hickey
len19070
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Gage » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:45 pm

Hello Len & Coop, We're leaving here next Sunday. Going to stop off in Minden for a few days before continuing on to your gathering. We'll be in site 60 and plan on getting there Thursday. Looking forward to meeting up with you all. One other thing, I won't have a computer with me so the board will enjoy a vacation also. :lol: We'll be on the road for about 5 weeks. Isn't retirement grand? ;)

P.S. Won't have the truck, we're towing the tear on this trip with the Pilot.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby len19070 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:58 pm

Gage
Looking forward to meeting you & yours.

My son Nick, Jack Oxley and I will be coming up on Wednesday and doing some fishing, then Nick's leaving on Friday. Plan a quick dinner on Thursday night. If we catch enough fish, (which we should in 2 days) we'll have ya over for a fish fry. If we don't ya can fall back on the quick dinner.

In fact I'm real optimistic about fishing. I plan on making a "Fish Dish" for Pot Luck on Saturday.

I think we have 10 trailers so far.

Happy Trails

Len

len19070
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Arne » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:21 pm

yup, I'm in site 57, near as I can tell.... a one day pull for me, which makes it pretty nice....

And the dog is coming... she should have a good time watching us all getting goofy...
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby Joseph » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:59 am

Kate and I will be coming down from the Camp ADK Spring Tear Up, but we'll be taking our time in the Adirondacks so we probably won't get there 'till Friday.

REAALLY looking forward to this!

Joseph
Joseph
Teardrop Pirate

Postby Arne » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:49 am

Joseph, you are really enjoying your t/d... great to hear, and look forward to seeing you all at the Poke....
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby Kens » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:16 pm

Pat and I will be there site 65 if all goes well. Coming from Fish Creek to Maine to Pocono.
Good day every day!
Kens
500 Club

Postby Gage » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:37 pm

Man has this been a wet trip so far. We're in Newton, Iowa at a motel staying dry trying to get there. Sure hope the rain has been there and gone by the time we get there. Still planning on coming in Thursday most likely around noon +/- an hour or so. :thinking:

See you all there. What a long ways to go to a TD Gathering. I must be crazy, and don't answer that.
:lol:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Nitetimes » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:46 pm

Gage wrote:Man has this been a wet trip so far. We're in Newton, Iowa at a motel staying dry trying to get there. Sure hope the rain has been there and gone by the time we get there. Still planning on coming in Thursday most likely around noon +/- an hour or so. :thinking:

See you all there. What a long ways to go to a TD Gathering. I must be crazy, and don't answer that.
:lol:

Careful in Iowa, my brother lost the front seal in his tranny on the way out. :( :(
Stop by on your way thru, there's always something cold in the fridge! :thumbsup:
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby Joseph » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:25 am

Well, as with the Camp ADK Spring Tear Up, Kate and I won't be making it after all. While moving my teardrop last Thursday I slipped and fell straight down, HARD. Apparently all I did was wrench the muscles in my back – no nerve or other internal damage - which simply means that for a while I have to hobble around and go "Ow-ow-ow!" a lot. And no lifting the tongue of the teardrop. Thank God for Ibuprofen!

We are SO sorry to have to miss our ten days of "teardrop time" it but we're finding ourselves grateful for what we have and having fun just being together.

Gage, I'm truly sorry to miss meeting you. Len, Todd & the rest, we'll miss you!

Joseph
Joseph
Teardrop Pirate

Postby Kens » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Thank you for the big welcome. Pat and I had a good time. Poconos was a good finish to our long trip. Thanks again. Hope to see you in September at Keystone. :D
Good day every day!
Kens
500 Club

Postby len19070 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:52 am

Kens wrote:Thank you for the big welcome. Pat and I had a good time. Poconos was a good finish to our long trip. Thanks again. Hope to see you in September at Keystone. :D

And we were glad to have ya. As well as all the new faces. Hope to see everyone again soon.

Happy Trails

Len

BTW Ken..I'll email you an invite today or tomorrow.

len19070
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Gage » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:16 pm

I heard about you Joseph, sorry to hear that. But where the heck was coop. Drive over 3000 miles to a gathering and no Coop and it cost me an extra $5 bucks. :lol:
Image Image Image
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Arne » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:35 pm

It was nice to see everyone, and the weather was spectacular.. tried out a couple of local diners, both were very good...

While at the campground, discovered a couple of my axle u-bolts were loose.. Pulled the wheel off and borrowed a socket and ratchet from Gage to tighten 'er back up... and all was well.. have to make a subtle change to spring mount as u-bolts are hitting on big bumps and causing nuts to loosen... no big deal, but glad I caught it in time.

On the way home, stopped at Orange County Choppers (TV's American Chopper). Went by shop, took a few pics, then went to their store. Lots of their theme bikes were on display... only about 3 miles off the highway, and again, nice weather for a few miles on real country roads...
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby goldcoop » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:16 am

Gage wrote:I heard about you Joseph, sorry to hear that. But where the heck was coop. Drive over 3000 miles to a gathering and no Coop and it cost me an extra $5 bucks. :lol:

Gage-

LOL!

Yep, I was REALLY sorry to miss that one!

I stuck Len with everything, some assistant I am!

We were on family vacation on the Outer Banks.

It was orginally supposed to be a Friday to Friday thing, BUT the house we ended up with was a Saturday to Saturday thing and we didn't get home 'til Sat nite around 11:00pm...

Anyway, SORRY we missed meeting you guys and trust you had a safe trip home?

Cheers,

Coop
goldcoop
Silver Donating Member

Return to Northeast