Do I need reservations in the Adirondacks in October?

Northeast Region including New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, Massachusetts & Connecticut - Tearjerkers founder Todd Brunengraber Also New England, New York State, Liberty Bell, and Potomac Basin Chapters of the TearJerkers

Do I need reservations in the Adirondacks in October?

Postby bmg5 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:20 pm

Hi all, I am going to go to the Adirondacks for 4 days in Oct and then on to Acadia NP for 4 more to photograph the fall color. I am planning on booking the Acadia sites but do I need to make reservations for October (first week)? I worry about the fall color tours a bit but do you think there is a risk of things filling that time of the year? Looking to stay as nimble as possible

Thanks in advance, bg
bg in West Michigan - LG 6-wide
bmg5
Teardrop Builder

Postby Rick Sheerin » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:57 pm

BG- you really shouldn't have a problem getting a site that time of year. Do you know what parts of the ADK's you want to see? Let me know, and I can suggest some DEC campgrounds for you.
Rick S
1996 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17ft

Careful with that Axe, Eugene
Rick Sheerin
500 Club

Postby bmg5 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:27 pm

Hi Rick,
Planning to hit the fish creek pond and lake placid areas but I have 3 full days of just shooting there so I am open to some particularly photogenic areas if you have recommendations. I am planning to rent a canoe when I am out there at least a day to shoot from the water. Thanks for the recommendations. Regards bg
bg in West Michigan - LG 6-wide
bmg5
Teardrop Builder

Adirondack Mountains Rally August 2009

Postby John Lubowitz » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:32 pm

T@B Ultimate Rally-Adirondack Mountains-Upstate New York-Lake George-August 28-30, 2009. E-mail for info:
Sandy and John Lubowitz
20 Ann Lee Court
Latham, New York 12110
518-785-0540
[email protected]
210 reasons to come
T@BBers and others are welcome.
John Lubowitz
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Northeast