Trip to Boston suggestions

Northeast Region including New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, Massachusetts & Connecticut - Tearjerkers founder Todd Brunengraber Also New England, New York State, Liberty Bell, and Potomac Basin Chapters of the TearJerkers

Trip to Boston suggestions

Postby nevadatear » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:21 pm

We have to go to Boston next week for a work conference, so we don't get to take the TD, but will have a few extra days and looking for sightseeing ideas. We have whalewatching boat trip scheduled and a few days in a B & B in marblehead, and a Duck Tour as part of the conference. We will have a car. We are both history buffs (of course, Boston!) as well as birders and wildlife. Any ideas?
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby Alleged User » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:18 pm

I think you're in for a great trip. I grew up 50 miles south of Boston on the southcoast. Whalewatches are a lot of fun - the whales will often come right up alongside the boat. Just watch out for whalebreath when they surface. No kidding - it's an experience. Image

Being birders, you may want to visit Mount Auburn Cemetery. It's a national landmark and is endorsed by the Audubon Society. It's a horticultural, 175 year old cemetery on 175 meticulously groomed acres. Historians, plant lovers, and birders from around the world visit Mount Auburn. My mom and I went about three years ago, and it's incredible. A thousand meandering paths to explore, and quiet corners and hidden gardens to get lost in. The old stones are beautiful, too. Very moving and peaceful.

Hope you have a wonderful trip...give Fenway 'Pahk' a wave for me on your way by. Image
Kelly & Duke
2011 ZZ Drop
Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy. - Eskimo proverb
Alleged User
Donating Member

Location: Northern Virginia...not to be confused with Virginia.

Postby dmckruit » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:24 am

You can go a little bit north east of the city and visit Salem, MA. You can visit the sites of the witch trials and visit the museums and there is also Nathaniel Hawthorne's "House of the Seven Gables".

Or you can go a little bit south east of the city to Plymouth. You can tour a replica of the Mayflower, visit Plymouth Plantation, etc.
dmckruit
The 300 Club

Postby Walt M » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:40 pm

Debbie and Randy, you can check out "Old iron Sides" The USS Constitution. It's a great take and right outside of boston. The Boston Aquarium, Boston Museum of Science, Also check out Fanuel Hall, it's across the street from the Aquarium, all within about three miles of each other. When in the Marblehead area in the next town "Essex" there's a restruant called Woodmans very famous for it's New England seafood.
Have Fun, if I can be of any help let me know. Walt
All that is needed for evil to flourish, is for good men to do nothing.
Walt M
The 300 Club

Old Sturbridge Village

Postby Creamcracker » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:16 pm

Old Sturbridge Village is about 60 miles from Boston....if you're a history buff then you may want to make the trip...
http://www.osv.org/
Image Image
3rd Annual Out of Control Shop Winner :)
Creamcracker
Teardrop Graduate

Postby SIXTOTWO » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:53 pm

I know it's a little late for you but we LOVE Plymout Plantation!!!
http://www.plimoth.org/plan/
Terry and Sue Landis
BUILD THREAD
Image Image
******Embarassing our kids, just another quality service that we offer!******
SIXTOTWO
Donating Member

Return to Northeast