Spring TearUp 2010

Northeast Region including New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, Massachusetts & Connecticut - Tearjerkers founder Todd Brunengraber Also New England, New York State, Liberty Bell, and Potomac Basin Chapters of the TearJerkers

Postby Larry C » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:38 pm

We're heading up tomorrow, no reservation, no plan, just "a wing and a prayer"
Our tear is under construction, so we'll be roughing it, but I want to see all of your handy work. If I can't get a site at FC, I'll try for Rollins or maybe stay in the "woods" However, I will find the group.

Larry C.
"If its worth doing it's worth doing Light"

http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=35852
Larry C
500 Club

Trouble on the way to the ADK

Postby TheresaD » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:26 pm

Well I headed out for the ADK today. Trailer is all packed, lights working, new hitch, looking good. Driving my friend's tow vehicle because he didn't want me to push the limits on my Honda attempting a 5 hour drive in case I ran into trouble along the way.With much gratitude I headed off with Big Red and the Sprite in tow... Got as far as the Canaan toll booth entering the NY state thruway and that's about it. Stopped at the toll to get my ticket from the nice young man and got no further. Once stopped I couldn't go!! Truck was in gear but nothing was happening... got out of the truck and saw this..
Image Not good...That's transmission fluid... :cry: Toll booth guy had to call a wrecker to get us out of the toll booth lane. Fortunately I upgraded my AAA to plus RV last week. Had the guy tow us home trailer and all. Image
Was too tired and frazzled to attempt to turn around and drive back up tonight. Will be heading out again in the morning for the second attempt. This time I'll be towing with another friend's Ridgeline. He's going away so he offered it to me for the weekend. ( I think he felt bad for me ) I've been considering a new tow vehicle and a Ridgeline is what I'd really like. Perfect opportunity to test drive I gues. Keep your fingers crossed that I make it up there this time gang! :worship: And when I do...there will be some beer drinking to be done!
All The Best,

Theresa D.
Tearjerkers Great North Woods Chapter Director
68 Sprite 400
47 KIT Companion
TheresaD
Silver Donating Member

Postby boomer » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:36 pm

Oh No Theresa!!!.....safe travels tomorrow-good luck
boomer
Teardrop Master

Postby TheresaD » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:56 pm

Thanks Boomer! If you get there before me make sure they haven't given site #253 away. I called today and they said that if I had a reservation I was fine but then again they never even asked what site I was on. In the midst of everything I didn't think to mention it... at least I don't think I did...Hopefully I did. I'm going to try to remember to call them on the way up.
All The Best,

Theresa D.
Tearjerkers Great North Woods Chapter Director
68 Sprite 400
47 KIT Companion
TheresaD
Silver Donating Member

Postby deceiver » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:30 pm

We're back! We had a great time at our first event at ADK and our first ever in the maiden run of our little guy. We met some really nice people and had a fun time at the wine & cheese.
Oh, thanks to the person who donated the Med kit. It's really packed with almost everything shy of an operating room kit.

And Thanks to the people who did the bag that contained the Tim Horton's coffee. We go out of our way for TH coffee. It was definitely a keeper and we had some that evening.
:applause:
Conform and be dull.
deceiver
The 300 Club

adk tear-up

Postby mary and bob » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:52 pm

We made it home, great time as usual, found kate and dave in lake george :lol: on our way home we stopped at coleman outlet and then stopped and checked out lake moreau and our site, which is 51 in loop C.Looking forward to that weekend, looks like lots of good kyaking there. and becky your right about the restrooms, thier gorgeous and brand new.
Hated to leave fishcreek :cry:
mary and bob
mary and bob
500 Club

Postby bohemian » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Here it is 10:30 and I finally got everything unpacked.
I lost an hour and a half on the trip home.
I had to replace the brakes and the brake caliper on the driver side rear in Watertown. I don't know why I had the malfunction.
You could have made a nice egg and cheese sandwich on the wheel it was so hot. I am so happy I brought my tools with me.
By the way "Auto Zone"rocks I still can't believe they had all the parts I needed in stock. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

My family and I had a fantastic time at the gathering.
It was great to see old friends and to make new ones.
I'm already looking forward to next year.

Thanks everyone :applause:
Time for bed!!

Wayne
bohemian
Donating Member

Postby Rick Sheerin » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:30 am

Wayne- sorry to hear about your travel troubles, never a fun thing. It was good to see you again and to meet your family. Hopefully we'll see you in Oct. at the fall camporee! :thumbsup:
Rick S
1996 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17ft

Careful with that Axe, Eugene
Rick Sheerin
500 Club

Postby boomer » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:04 pm

we got home around 1 pm today....wonderful time as always!!!
boomer
Teardrop Master

Postby Kens » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:01 pm

Had a great time again but the drive home was long. Left 7:30AM and got home at 5:30PM.
Mary the quilt looks wonderful on our bed. Thanks again. Diane the pillow looks great in the teardrop.Love the earings too.
The weekend went way too fast but at least the rain was gone by Saturday night.
Thanks Dave & Kate for a great time
Ken & Pat
Good day every day!
Kens
500 Club

What a great bunch of people

Postby Rick & Nancy » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:57 pm

The maiden voyage of the Millettzendorf turned out better than we could have hoped for. We would like to thank everyone for making us "newbies" feel welcome. We are officially hooked on Fish Creek and the TearJerkers. Special thanks to Dave for all his hard work, to Rick S. for some ideas for the Metz, and to the gent that made the Root Beer beer. Put us down for a keg if you ever start to sell it. Already planning for next year. Thanks again all and happy camping :thumbsup:
Rick & Nancy
Teardrop Inspector

Moreau Lake

Postby Rick & Nancy » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:18 pm

I was wondering what the dates are for the fall hook up at Moreau Lake and where everyone's sites were. We would love to attend and want to make reservations asap. Thanks.
Rick & Nancy
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Moreau Lake

Postby Rick Sheerin » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:01 am

Rick & Nancy wrote:I was wondering what the dates are for the fall hook up at Moreau Lake and where everyone's sites were. We would love to attend and want to make reservations asap. Thanks.

Rick and Nancy, the fall camporee is October 1-3 and we are in loop D. It was great meeting you guys and hope to see you there!
Rick S
1996 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17ft

Careful with that Axe, Eugene
Rick Sheerin
500 Club

Tearup the ADK 2010

Postby Jim49 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:42 am

Hope everyone has gotten hold home safely.

To Dave and Kate the lobster recommendation is Beal's in Southwest Harbor. For the after sunrise breackfast my recommendation is Jordan's (80Cottage street, Bar Harbor) for there blueberry pancakes with blueberry syrup. Also a special Thanks for organizing such a great event :applause: .

Thanks also to TheresaD :beer: for that wonderful Beer sampling

Thanks also to Al and Leslie for the musical event on Sunday evening.

Hope everyone had as much fun as we did and we hope to see all of you next year.

Jim & Sue
Jim49 :ilovecamp:
I would rather be camping.
ImageImageImage
Jim49
Teardrop Inspector

Postby boomer » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:25 am

We wanted to make sure that we thanked everyone who donated to the Ecumenical Food Pantry this year!! It was a huge success & we hope it is something that we can continue with & grown upon, each year. We know it is all about giving but hopefully everyone noticed the absolutely gorgeous quilt that was donated by Mary. Everyone who donated, whether it was a can of soup or 4 cases of food, had their site number entered into a drawing....
Thank you so much Mary for all of your hard work!!
Also a thank you to Clare & John(Sparky) for being so thoughtful & collecting items before we arrived, storing them for us & letting us grab some much-needed shut-eye on Saturday morning & also for driving us to Lake Placid with all of the food.

One thing that we noticed this year was that there seemed to be much less food on the shelves compared to last year. We were able to provide some very much needed items such as peanut butter, mac & ch, baby food & diapers, pet food & much more....

When you go to the grocery store & you see Buy One Get One items, tuck some away for next year & hopefully we will need 2 vehicles to carry the food!!!

Linda Young from the food pantry was very thankful & very moved by our actions-she thanks everyone so much & wanted us to tell everyone that once they have everything unloaded they will be sending us out a formal thank you....

Once again-thanks so much-there were some huge food donations this year!!! No one should ever go hungry.....

Take care-Becky & Ed
boomer
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to Northeast