Virginia Beach Campground Recommendations

Northeast Region including New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, Massachusetts & Connecticut - Tearjerkers founder Todd Brunengraber Also New England, New York State, Liberty Bell, and Potomac Basin Chapters of the TearJerkers

Virginia Beach Campground Recommendations

Postby dmckruit » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am

Planning a trip to Virginia Beach in late July/ early August. Anybody have any good recommendations for campgrounds? We went to Myrtle Beach last year and stayed at Pirateland and loved it. Hoping to find something similar if it exists.
dmckruit
The 300 Club

Postby Spotman » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:04 pm

If you are wanting to stay near the Beach front, check out:

http://www.campingvb.com/

http://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state_parks/fir.shtml

http://www.northlandingbeach.com/campingvirginiabeach/

We have stayed at all of them,they are all great places,check out the sites for your taste let me know when, we can get together too. Plenty to see here, big Navy town, Busch Gardens, Water Parks, etc.

Bob
2018 Heartland Terry Classic V21
2018 Toyota Tundra DC
Spotman
500 Club

Postby Mike Angeles » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:15 pm

Not sure about its comparison to Pirateland But we've gone to Holiday Trav-L-Park for years, Shuttle to the beach, Pools etc.

http://www.campingvb.com/

Mike
Image Image

tact /takt/ –noun
1. a keen sense of what to say or do to avoid giving offense; including the ability to speak or act without offending.
2. a keen sense of what is appropriate, tasteful, or aesthetically pleasing; taste;
Mike Angeles
Teardrop Master

Postby legojenn » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:00 pm

Is it warm enough down there to camp over Easter? I was thinking of taking a week off work from April 1 to 8.
Jenn
legojenn
The 300 Club

Postby Spotman » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:27 pm

legojenn wrote:Is it warm enough down there to camp over Easter? I was thinking of taking a week off work from April 1 to 8.

You are looking at around temps of 60-70 degrees that time of year. But always check before you come, the Hampton Roads area has a motto, "If you don't like the weather, just wait 10 minutes, it will change".

I live not to far from the ocean front of Va. Beach, I have seen many times, no lie, I would be standing out in front of my house in the sunshine, and right down the block it will be raining, you could actually see a wall of rain . Don't let that deter you from coming down/up. This is a beautiful place to live or visit. Lots to do.

Oh, by the way, we are known to have many "snowbirds" from the north always down here.

Bob :thumbsup:
2018 Toyota Tundra DC
Spotman
500 Club

Postby dmckruit » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:55 am

Thanks for the info. We were already leaning towards the Holiday TravL Park, but having never been there it's good to get reviews from people who have been. We also wanted to find out if there were any other good campgrounds we were missing.

I will definately update you guys once we decide on a date and make reservations.
dmckruit
The 300 Club

Postby dmckruit » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:21 pm

We are booked at the Virginia Beach Holiday Trav-L Park the week of August 7th. From what I hear there are very few sites left.
dmckruit
The 300 Club

Postby Spotman » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:27 pm

dmckruit wrote:We are booked at the Virginia Beach Holiday Trav-L Park the week of August 7th. From what I hear there are very few sites left.

That is the busiest time of year, they fill up fast, but will always find room there.

Keep us posted just to remind us, we could meet there.

Bob
2018 Toyota Tundra DC
Spotman
500 Club

Postby Mike Angeles » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:01 pm

We havnt been turned away yet. You never know, we might make it down for the weekend.

Mike
Image Image

tact /takt/ –noun
1. a keen sense of what to say or do to avoid giving offense; including the ability to speak or act without offending.
2. a keen sense of what is appropriate, tasteful, or aesthetically pleasing; taste;
Mike Angeles
Teardrop Master

Postby Spotman » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:27 pm

dmckruit wrote:We are booked at the Virginia Beach Holiday Trav-L Park the week of August 7th. From what I hear there are very few sites left.

:thinking: Just realized, that is the week of the East Coast Nationals at Max Meadows!! Maybe you should come to that, I will be attending along with many, many more campers.

http://tearjerkers.net/forums/viewtopic ... c14ba03a66

Bob
2018 Toyota Tundra DC
Spotman
500 Club

Postby dmckruit » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:31 pm

I wasn't aware of the ECN that week. We will have to see. I am not even sure if I will be bringing my teardrop to VB. I'm going with my brother and his family. They are taking their 28' trailer, and I put a deposit on a second spot. My nephews were considering buying a pop up, so if they get one, I was going to bunk with them in the extra room in the popup. If they don't get one, then plan B is to take my tear and put an SUV side tent on the side (a la Endo).
dmckruit
The 300 Club

Return to Northeast