Rocky Neck State Park, Ct

Northeast Region including New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, Massachusetts & Connecticut - Tearjerkers founder Todd Brunengraber Also New England, New York State, Liberty Bell, and Potomac Basin Chapters of the TearJerkers

Rocky Neck State Park, Ct

Postby boomer » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:48 pm

Becky and I got here this afternoon for a few days of relaxing and sitting at the beach. We just cooked some hotdogs on the fire for an easy meal. We just talked to Pat and Ken on the phone and had to let them know that we were drinking wine and didn't have to go to work tomorrow. Looking forward to Moreau State Park in 2 weeks. Ed.
boomer
Teardrop Master

Postby TheresaD » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:31 pm

Ed, I hope you and Becky have a nice stay at Rocky Neck. It's only about an hour or a little less from me but I've never camped there. Used to go to the beach there alot as a kid. I'll be curious to hear your reviews of the campground when you get back. Keep us posted.
There's still a possibility I might see you guys at Moreau Lake in a couple of weeks. It will depend on when I get my truck back from the body shop. (accident Labor Day weekend) It will probably be a last minute decision if I do end up going. Once I know if I can swing it I'll try to see whats left for spots near everyone.
Have fun at the beach!
All The Best,

Theresa D.
Tearjerkers Great North Woods Chapter Director
68 Sprite 400
47 KIT Companion
TheresaD
Silver Donating Member

Postby boomer » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:08 pm

Theresa - We sure hope you make it to Moreau State park in a couple weeks. So far this place seems great. Its very quiet here except for Becky,s Ipod playing Bruce Springsteen. For a minute I thought I was home. Ed.
boomer
Teardrop Master

Postby TheresaD » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:40 pm

Ed enjoy the fact that it's quiet there. During the summer months I'm pretty sure you wouldn't find that! I'm hoping to hear on the truck in the next day or so and as soon as I find out what the story is I'll see if I can make it up to Moreau Lake. I just checked Reserve America and it looks like there are only 2 sites left on Loop C. Hopefully, if it turns out I can go, one of those sites will still be available.
All The Best,

Theresa D.
Tearjerkers Great North Woods Chapter Director
68 Sprite 400
47 KIT Companion
TheresaD
Silver Donating Member

Postby Sam I am » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:58 am

My wife and I camped there in our teardrop in June of last year. It's a very nice park. We went to the aquarium at Mystic, and rode the train & boat at Essex. It was busy in June, but not overcrowded.
Sam I am
500 Club

Postby Rick Sheerin » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:10 pm

Ed, Diane and I just got back from a long weekend at Bowman Lake. Really needed the break after working 12 hr shifts for the past few weeks. Looking forward to seeing you guys at Moreau.
Rick S
1996 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17ft

Careful with that Axe, Eugene
Rick Sheerin
500 Club

Re: Rocky Neck State Park, Ct

Postby Arne » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:14 pm

Got all excited... then I found out it was 2 years ago....... darn.... Arne
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Re: Rocky Neck State Park, Ct

Postby mary and bob » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:11 pm

Arnie, we camp at rocky neck alot, next trip is booked for the end of June 2013. We have a 1946 teardrop and a 1984 Uhaul. 8)
Mary and bob
mary and bob
500 Club

Return to Northeast