Mass - Campground Help Needed

Northeast Region including New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, Massachusetts & Connecticut - Tearjerkers founder Todd Brunengraber Also New England, New York State, Liberty Bell, and Potomac Basin Chapters of the TearJerkers

Mass - Campground Help Needed

Postby dmckruit » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:44 am

Anybody know of any campgrounds near Lowell, MA that are either open year round, or open during the middle of March?

Thanks.
dmckruit
The 300 Club

Postby mary and bob » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:32 pm

A quick search in my Trailer Life directory shows: 1] Jellystone in Sturbridge MA. but that's not too close to Lowell. 2]Normandy Farms in Foxboro MA. it's a Good Sam park 3]Field & Stream RV park in Brookline NH 4]Circle Ranch campground in Epsom NH. Don't know anything about any of them, just found them in the directory. Bob
mary and bob
500 Club

Postby TheresaD » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:58 pm

Not too sure about campgrounds near Lowell. I've mostly stayed on the Cape when I have camped in Mass. I stayed at Jellystone in Sturbridge a few weeks ago. It was ok. Sites are pretty close together. Electric etc. on the sites. Bathhouses were average. It's not bad for a short stay. It wouldn't be my pick for a long one. I haven't stayed at Normandy Farms but I have heard good things about it. I think it's more of a resort type of campground and will probably be higher in price for sites. Not sure about site size. I'm not familiar with the other one Bob & Mary mentioned.

I would recommend that you go over to the Tearjerkers site and post your question in the New England Chapter section. You will probably get quite a few responses from folks from around that area. I know there are a couple of members that are from Lowell and they might chime in if they're on.

Good luck! Let us know what campground you pick and your thoughts on it.
All The Best,

Theresa D.
Tearjerkers Great North Woods Chapter Director
68 Sprite 400
47 KIT Companion
TheresaD
Silver Donating Member

Postby mary and bob » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:51 am

"Open in March" will be the biggest problem. That fact really limits the choices
mary and bob
500 Club

Postby dmckruit » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:28 am

Doing a google search I found mention of a campground called Berry's Grove. They say that they are open all year, however, they do not have a website. I sent an email to the contact there but have not heard back. Maybe I will call them later today.
dmckruit
The 300 Club

Postby mary and bob » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:39 pm

Couldn't find it in my directory. What city/state is in in?
mary and bob
500 Club

Postby George Taylor » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:17 pm

If you do not mind driving about 1 hour noth there is a campground in our town. Do not laugh at the name, I am being serious, it is The Freindly Beaver Campground. http://www.friendlybeaver.com. I know that there pool is open year round so I think that they should have sites availble.
George Taylor
Teardrop Master

Postby dmckruit » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:46 am

It's supposed to be in Tyngsboro, MA.

http://www.massachusettscamper.com/14903.html

Then again they do not have a website.
dmckruit
The 300 Club

Postby mary and bob » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:06 pm

My directory doesn't show anything in Tyngsboro MA. And to correct my previous list, it is Circle 9 Ranch campground in Epsom NH. It is listed as a four season campground, east of Concord NH, and looks like it could be 40 or 50 miles from Lowell MA. www.circle9ranch.com, 603 736 9656
mary and bob
500 Club

Return to Northeast