TuneUp for the TearUp-May 18-20 Limekiln Lake SP, Inlet, NY

Northeast Region including New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, Massachusetts & Connecticut - Tearjerkers founder Todd Brunengraber Also New England, New York State, Liberty Bell, and Potomac Basin Chapters of the TearJerkers

TuneUp for the TearUp-May 18-20 Limekiln Lake SP, Inlet, NY

Postby Rick Sheerin » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:26 pm

Here it is folks, our spring camporee! To be held at Limekiln Lake SP in Inlet, NY about 20 min north of Old Forge and about 45 min south of Blue Mtn lake. The main reason this location and weekend were picked is because Adirondack Paddlefest in OF is this weekend and I know we have a bunch of paddlers in our group. http://www.mountainmanoutdoors.com/even ... paddlefest
Diane and I have reserved site 99. If you look on the campground map, that is on a nice little peninsula with some really great water sites. Lets fill it up! Please let me know when you make your reservations so we can keep a list of attendees. Hope to see you there!
Rick S
1996 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17ft

Careful with that Axe, Eugene
Rick Sheerin
500 Club

Postby mary and bob » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:33 pm

We can't tell anything by the campground map so we took a chance and got site 104. Could be a nice big level waterfront site, could be a 30 degree slope into the bushes, we'll see :thinking: :thumbsup: :thumbdown: ?????
mary and bob
500 Club

Postby bohemian » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:50 am

We don't have a trailer yet, But we booked site 103 just the same.
I'm sure I'll come up with something. :thinking:
Wayne
bohemian
Donating Member

Postby boomer » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:23 am

we will pick a site today & get back to you!! Thanks Rick!!
boomer
Teardrop Master

Postby boomer » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:46 am

just putting it out there, in case anyone is booking...once Ed gets up we will pick a site but I like how 94 looks...thanks!
boomer
Teardrop Master

Postby boomer » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:58 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 74536MLlyo

I found this little video, the sites look very nice & there seems to be bear boxes on each site. For some reason the person who made this slide show skipped over the area we will be in....
boomer
Teardrop Master

Postby bohemian » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:34 pm

For some reason the person who made this slide show skipped over the area we will be in....

I hope that's not a bad thing! I can hear the banjos now. :thinking:
bohemian
Donating Member

Postby boomer » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:54 pm

OK...all booked & we picked site 98, I let Ed pick!
boomer
Teardrop Master

Postby mary and bob » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:30 pm

I let bob pick also, that way it's his fault if it's a lousy site,lol :lol:
mary and bob
500 Club

Postby Rick Sheerin » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:42 pm

Mary, I had 104 circled as a nice site when I rode my bike through that section of the park last summer, so you can blame me if you don't like it! :lol: Lots of really nice sites all thru the park, I got tired of stopping and circling them all! :?
Becky, there are bear boxes on every site, and the rangers are very vigilant about campers keeping their coolers in them at all times. :thumbsup:
Rick S
1996 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17ft

Careful with that Axe, Eugene
Rick Sheerin
500 Club

Postby mary and bob » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:08 pm

I'm just glad to be camping, I'm sure it will be great.
;)
mary and bob
500 Club

Postby legojenn » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:09 pm

I love Limekiln Lake. I used to go down there once or twice a year. A friend that I camped with liked going to Paddlefest in Old Forge. There was nice and free camping long the Moose River Plains trail near the entrance to Limekiln as well, but I heard that it may have been closed recently....
Jenn
legojenn
The 300 Club

Postby mary and bob » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:22 pm

bohemian wrote:
For some reason the person who made this slide show skipped over the area we will be in....

I hope that's not a bad thing! I can hear the banjos now.

When we were camping in GA recently we were about an hour from the Okeefenokee Swamp. We were the smallest camper in the campground, among humongus motorhomes and 5th wheel trailers. On weekends, hillbillys from out of the swamp would come camping to be by the ocean. They always got sites right next to us and would be up half the night playing banjos, dancing, and drinking moonshine out of canning jars. I suppose the campground staff thought we fit right in. We called our site and those next to us the rifraf section.

:lol: :lol:
mary and bob
500 Club

Postby TheresaD » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:42 am

Oh come on Mary! I seem to recall a few folks from this group enjoying some beverages from canning jars last Spring. :lol: Too bad you didn't have an old jug to play. You could have joined right in and they probably wouldn't have minded! :R ;)

Rick this looks like a really nice campground. I wish I could make it up that way but it's not looking good. I'll see you at the TearUp though.
All The Best,

Theresa D.
Tearjerkers Great North Woods Chapter Director
68 Sprite 400
47 KIT Companion
TheresaD
Silver Donating Member

Postby mary and bob » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:02 am

Next time we'll take an old washboard & spoon!!. Actually none of the above is true although we did call a few people "hillbillys". As usual when camping we met a whole lot of really nice and interesting people. We met the father of the Keno twins that do appraisals on Antique Roadshow, another couple that pans for gold as a hobby, and one of the weekend groups was camping in a 1963 Apache popup that was in like new condition and had been in the family since new. It is a little different camping where it's all snowbirds with big rigs, but we had a great time. Next winter we'll become true snowbirds ourselves, but no big rig plans for us, the Uhaul is our "big" trailer with the teardrop remaining as our main camper.
mary and bob
500 Club

Next

Return to Northeast