Northern NJ Newb

Northeast Region including New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, Massachusetts & Connecticut - Tearjerkers founder Todd Brunengraber Also New England, New York State, Liberty Bell, and Potomac Basin Chapters of the TearJerkers

Northern NJ Newb

Postby NJCamperDude » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:59 pm

Hi, everyone! I am new to the camping lifestyle, as well as all things trailers & teardrops, but I will be purchasing a small 4X8 towable soon for full-time living. If that sounds drastic (and I agree it is), please see my welcome post in the introduction area to find out the "why" behind this journey.

I currently reside in a real home in the Northern NJ area, and as I have many ties to this area, most of my camping will need to be within an hour or two from here. Does anyone have any leads on CLEAN, well run campgrounds that offer month-to-month, and that do NOT charge an arm and a leg, in the vicinity mentioned above? I'm not looking for luxury KOA type facilities, but I don't want to stay at total s*#@tholes, either.

Through my online research, I've come up with a TON of campgrounds in my target area, but most are either on the run down side, or pricey. Been tough to find the sweet spot.

I'd prefer a campground in the $400 to $600 range (at most), minus any electric, which will obviously billed separately. I don't mind paying in advance in cash if it helps to get the rate down. Any tips on well run facilities would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. - There doesn't seem to be many non campground options (state parks, etc.) WITH electrical hookups (which I need in the summer and winter), unless I just haven't been able to find them yet. Do any of these exist in NJ, and if so, are they affordable/safe options?

Dudeman
NJCamperDude
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Northeast