Any new activites for Colorado Based residents?

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Any new activites for Colorado Based residents?

Postby curiouswill » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:33 pm

Hi y'all, As some of you know I had been planning to go on my "journey" this year but that didn't work out since I had more of a tight finances than I thought I would have so I have postponed the plan for another year or two. But lucky lucky me :D, I've been able to save up tons of money(at least compared to before) and my step uncle is planning to trade his van (I love the size of it!) for my car once he fix my car up (so he can keep going to work in between trade). I have also been working at paring down tons of my stuffs and have been going outside alot on bikes and just walking around.

What does this have to do with my question about any colorado activities?

Well, since I'll be receiving a well-working van soon (and getting more active lately anyway), I should be able to start traveling and camping around in the state (only for a day or 2 at times though) so I am wondering if there is any activities going on in the state that I could plan ahead for (so I can have the days off and whatnot). I'm also wondering about the possibility that if there is no activities going on for quite a while, maybe we can set up one again at the royal gorge campsite (the same one as the last gasp 2006)(any suggestions for other campsite would be great as a back-up :) ) around the weekend of aug 4-5 or aug 11-12? (the reason for this is cause I'm planning to camp on either one of those weekend as a birthday time for myself and would like some company then 8) )

I'm also planning to camps quite a bit (as mentioned above) so I can learn how to refine my supplies and design of the space inside of the van. I'm also planning to use these camping trips to help motivate me to use my dutch oven even more and gets better at it!

so even if there is not any big event going on, I'll be glad to join anybody who would like some camping company themself too :)
curiouswill
Teardrop Master

Postby Juneaudave » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:43 pm

Been wondering where you were at!!! I'm a thinking...you still have the Teardrop bug and sooner or later....you'll be a building. Can't help you on Colorado though...
:) :)
Juneaudave
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby curiouswill » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:29 pm

Juneaudave wrote:Been wondering where you were at!!! I'm a thinking...you still have the Teardrop bug and sooner or later....you'll be a building. Can't help you on Colorado though...
:) :)

8) I Do have the teardrop bug, I'm just a-waiting for the right time to start on it cause Like I've mentioned, I do have plans for the next few years and I'm just not sure how the teardrop will affect the plan yet. especially since I need to learn what I need and don't need before making the teardrop. At least that van I mentioned is big enough to pull a possible kind of mini-teardrop/galley :D (cause the van is large enough for me to do most of my other needs in it).

P.S. I'm currently making a rough draft of the possible teardrop design and configurations in a free 3d modeling program called Blender3D (the neat little program is making a big buzz among the 3d modeling world now-a-day, check it out at http://www.blender3d.org). The teardrop design would be a basic adaptation of my original design based on my tiny hatch-backed car from this thread. So sometime in the next few weeks, I should have the basic rough laid out and even possibly a youtube clip showing how the traveling set-up can be converted into a camping set-up.
curiouswill
Teardrop Master

Return to North Central