Kansas - Crawford State Park 2009 - September 18th and 19th.

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Kansas - Crawford State Park 2009 - September 18th and 19th.

Postby Darren » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:57 pm

I've checked out the group camping areas for several Kansas State Parks and none were nearly as nice as the one at Crawford. Yesterday I drove to Cross Timbers State Park to see about their group camping and it was a really disappointing 300 mile trip. Good thing was I picked up some fresh jerky in LeRoy, Kansas.

I checked with Reo Ron and he said he was probably not going to have the Crawford camp out again this year so I decided to get something in the works. I wouldn't be opposed to camping there twice or more in a year anyway. I've tried to contact Scott, the director of the Tear Jerkers Heart Of America Charter, about making this a TJ outing but haven't heard back from him. Hope everything is alright Scott. I'd still like to make this a Tear Jerker outing if everyone is alright with that.

If you missed last years gathering check out this post and the photos from Miriam on page 6.
http://tnttt.com/viewto ... c&start=75

Here's a link to the State Park info page.
http://www.kdwp.state.ks.us/news/State- ... s/Crawford

I'm pretty sure we were given the OK to double-up on the sites last year, there is plenty of room for 2 on a site, but I will make sure. 10 sites all with electric. There are 2 places to get water and we get a shelter house to use for the potluck dinner. The restroom is very close and nice with showers. At last check the area cost $100 per night that we would split up equally based on trailers attending, what a deal. You have to have a Kansas State Park sticker for your vehicle also. I'll call on Monday and get all the info and see if any dates are already booked.

I'm thinking on waiting for cooler weather in September or October but not to close to LCG. If enough Pyromaniacs are interested I'l check and see if the 4th of July is available also.

Thoughts, comments, and suggestions are all welcome.

Later,
Darren
Last edited by Darren on Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darren
the camper formerly known as Victor Star

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:29 am

Gary and I are definitely interested ... I think the last of September would be great ... getting cooler nights but not too close to LCG.

What I remember from last year ... it was a flat fee for the whole area and we just split the cost among all that attended. They really had no objections to how many of us were there.

For those that didnt attend, it is a beautiful park and it was really nice having an entire area, including shelter house overlooking the lake, to ourselves.

Trudy
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby oklahomajewel » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:52 pm

Me too ! Me too !!! I'm all for mid to late Sept. The campgrounds there were very nice and the fire pit HUGE ... I hope we can have as many as last year .

I remember 2 nights last year was $200 so with a minimum of 10 campsite that's just $20 for 2 nights..... cheap!!!

It's really quite a drive for me , I think it was a good 5 hrs but it's worth it to see my camping friends!

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby WarPony » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:02 pm

Darren, we're in for this one and I'm for a mid to late September date, also. I was REALLY impressed with this group campground area.

If you need any help with this one, let me know. 4th of July is out for us, we are going to Anna's parents for the festivities.

Jeff
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby oklahomajewel » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:45 pm

well, I took a look at the calendar. Looks like Labor Day is Sept 5-7 , so I vote for the weekend after that or the 3rd weekend.

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Darren » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:26 pm

Cool. I'll check tomorrow on availability and post back.
Darren

Postby queeniejeanne » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:56 pm

Queenie Jeanne and Dennis are all for it...great pics from last year. Darrin what a dear to start this 2009 edition.
HEY a tiny trailer. Whatever it takes.
queeniejeanne
Lifetime member

Postby t-vicky » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:16 pm

Just name a date & I will try to be there with the woody. Roger
The impossable just takes longer & cost more.
t-vicky
Teardrop Master

Postby Pam Wright » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:24 am

Hi all~

That sounds do-able from Denver, I may try to come out for it depending on when you are thinking. Just a reminder for all of you scheduling, if you are thinking of coming to Colorado for the "Last Gasp of Summer" 2009, it is scheduled for September 24th - 27th. I'd love to see you here and will try to come there!!!!

pam
Rocky Mountain TearJerkers
Director

"Be well, Be safe, Be Happy!"

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Postby reo-ron » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:54 am

Hey amigo - If I can help - just let me know. The car show I went to last Oct moved there date to June so I was not going to be there in the area in the fall. However, I'll be there if you guys wanta camp-sign me up!! The group area is a whole weekend deal and last year it was $200 up front. But they didn't really care how many of us there were. So , it'll be 200 divided by how many show. The more the cheaper! Hope to see lots of you guys. Right now last half of Sept is open for me.
Ron
Old cars, trucks, trailers and scooters - bought, sold, traded and enthusiastically talked about.
reo-ron
The 300 Club

Postby FireLion » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:19 am

I'm in for whatever date or dates come up. I'll be watching this thread for info.
'How can ya get away from it all if ya take it all with ya?'
2004 Ford Escape Ltd.
2012 Coleman tent-no wheels, no A/C, no hitch
FireLion
500 Club

Postby Darren » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:17 pm

Glad to see so much interest. I called the park today but the guy that handles reservations was out. :lol: They were very nice about it and asked if I would call back tomorrow. More to come. :thumbsup:
Darren

Postby Darren » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:39 am

I got in touch with the reservations guy and I'm going to say the 18th and 19th of September would be the date to shoot for. The 19th is free park access so no one will have to buy a State Park pass for that day. They remembered us and are glad we're coming back down. I asked about how many trailers are allowed and he said "pile in as many as you can".

Unless I hear different I'll call later in the week and make the reservation for September 18th and 19th.

Thanks,
Darren
Darren

Postby FireLion » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:08 am

Darren, are you gonna rent the whole area then have folks pay you for site rental? That would work good for me because I don't have credit cards (they just get me in trouble :lol: ). My son and 3 grandsons (tent campers) will probably be with me, so we will require 2 spaces.
'How can ya get away from it all if ya take it all with ya?'
2004 Ford Escape Ltd.
2012 Coleman tent-no wheels, no A/C, no hitch
FireLion
500 Club

Postby Darren » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:38 am

Yea, I'll reserve the whole area and we can just settle up at the camp grounds. I doubt we'll be able to let you have 2 sites, we had 11 trailers last year and hope to have more this year. As it looks now at least some of us will be doubling up but we'll have to wait until that weekend to see how many show up. Hope that's not a problem. There is plenty of room so don't let that scare you off.
Darren

Next

Return to North Central