WYOMING's 2 WALK THE WINDS 2013 gathering

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Re: WYOMING's 2 WALK THE WINDS 2013 gathering

Postby sagebrush » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:40 pm

We are pretty casual :) if you bring food it will probably be disposed of with lots of happy sounds (lip smacking etc)

ALL of your ideas sound good :thumbsup: , but then food is my favorite meal! :lol:
Last year the potluck was Saturday evening, otherwise we fed ourselves, shared, went up the road for prime rib. Whatever seemed like a good idea at the time!

See you all next week :D

Will
We ain't skeer'd of the dark!

Living large in a small way!
sagebrush
Platinum Donating Member

Postby _Ryan_ » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:59 pm

I am really looking forward to this gathering! We just got back camping in the the new Wyoming Woody teardrop, and after 1,200 miles and 6 nights, I think we have most things figured out.

I found a lonely old coleman 220D from 1948 in my dad's shed (it was my grandfathers) and I hope to have it restored by then. It wasn't in too bad of shape but I need to replace the filler cap gasket and put in a couple new mantles. I also invested in a dutch oven and hope to make something good for everyone, maybe green chile stew... :thinking: And of course I will also be stocked with plenty of beer!

See you all in a week or so!

Cheers! :beer:

Ryan
_Ryan_
Teardrop Master

Postby cully » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:44 pm

Being newby's we don't know what to expect. Have a few questions..... Does Wy. still have 3 day non-resisdent fishing license? Are you fishing streams or lakes? Fly rod or spinning type equipment? What kind of temperature range are we looking at? How structured are the activities. We are looking forward to visiting the Mt. Man museum and wondering what other fun things there are to see and do in the area. Flaming Gorge National Rec. Area? See you next week. :twisted:
cully
Teardrop Inspector

Postby JaneV » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:07 pm

Dee from Colorado Springs (Rosie the Riveter Teardrop) cantget logged in. She is coming with a Serro Scotty.

I am coming with her and little Edward. See you soon!

Wyoming Jane :)
JaneV
Teardrop Builder

Postby PSBreen » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:16 pm

I just took a look at the Wyoming Fish and Game web-site to check on non-resident licenses. It looks like it's $14 a day. I didn't see any mention of discounts for multiple days. I'll call them tomorrow and ask then post an update.

http://gf.state.wy.us/fiscal/license/li ... fault.aspx
Steve & Cynthia
PSBreen
Donating Member

Postby PSBreen » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:46 pm

I checked with Fish and Game in Pinedale. The 3 day pass is for Yellowstone Park only. They do offer non-resident day passes for $14 a day, just let them know how many and what days. The lady I talked to said that cash or credit card is ok. You can also order online.

Pinedale Regional Office
432 East Mill Street
Pinedale, WY 82941
(307) 367-4353
8AM-5PM Mon-Fri

Ridley's Family Market
341 E. Pine St.
Pinedale, WY
Also sells fishing licenses

On a side note the Ranger mentioned that there is a small fire burning on Kendall Mountain. It's 28 miles North of the Pinedale. Hopefully it'll be completely taken care of by next week. The campground is open and shouldn't be a problem though there may be some smoke.

Kendall Mountain Fire: 2 acres. Burning in high, rocky terrain in the Bridger Wilderness, east of Boulder Basin in the Upper Green River Valley. Began Aug. 1. Smoke is very visible from the fire.

Info found at: http://www.inciweb.org/incident/article/3588/19819/
Steve & Cynthia
PSBreen
Donating Member

Postby Wolffarmer » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:25 pm

Slow, think we could rustle up some extra hands to heard them critters? I will have my work boots. I don't move fast or far. But I do make a decent hole plug.

Randy
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby Wolffarmer » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:27 pm

PSBreen wrote:Kendall Mountain Fire: 2 acres. Burning in high, rocky terrain in the Bridger Wilderness, east of Boulder Basin in the Upper Green River Valley. Began Aug. 1. Smoke is very visible from the fire.

Info found at: http://www.inciweb.org/incident/article/3588/19819/

2 Acre fire? Thats just a large campfire

Randy
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby Mukilteo » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:36 pm

Wolffarmer wrote:Slow, think we could rustle up some extra hands to heard them critters? I will have my work boots. I don't move fast or far. But I do make a decent hole plug.

Randy

I remember having to move five bulls at the farm. My job was to stand in the road to make sure they turned into the open gate. Sort of a hole plug.
When I had to repair the fence they knocked down fighting, they totally ignored me. Could stand right next to the bulls and fix the fence.
Now the calf's were a different story.
Got to remember I'm from the city and the only thing I did before was bucking bales and walking fence. (Fixing the shorted out and down hot wire.)
Eric
Mukilteo
Donating Member

Postby shawnandherbie » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:43 pm

thought i would take this down time here at discount tire to update yall, getting new tires and a alignment. the guys wont let the car leave with the new tires on the front like i want....... :? its never just a quick stop haha. but ill be leaving town monday night, cant wait to see everyone.
shawnandherbie
Teardrop Builder

Postby Oldragbaggers » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:36 pm

I would think that a teardrop gathering would be the last place in the world you'd want to go if you don't want to be disturbed!!! :lol: :shock: :lol:
Life is sooooo good.........
Sail...camp....bike...repeat
Becky

Build Journal http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=45917
Visit our blog at http://www.oldragbaggers.com
Image Image
Oldragbaggers
Gold Donating Member

Postby Mukilteo » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:51 pm

yah, that sounds a little disturbed. :lol:
Eric
Mukilteo
Donating Member

Postby Oldragbaggers » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:44 pm

I wish I could, Slow. I really do. I love that area of the country. My daughter went to college in Montana and I fell in love with it. I could get the time off for the gathering, it's the time it would take to get there and back that's a killer. We just came back from CRA. Maybe next time. Hope you guys have a great time camping under that great big beautiful sky. And I hope you manage to get that nap you need.
Life is sooooo good.........
Sail...camp....bike...repeat
Becky

Build Journal http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=45917
Visit our blog at http://www.oldragbaggers.com
Image Image
Oldragbaggers
Gold Donating Member

Postby Wolffarmer » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:39 pm

See you when you wake up.

evil smile on my face

Randy
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Re: .Re: WYOMING's 2 WALK THE WINDS 2013 gathering

Postby parnold » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:47 am

lee senn wrote: Question paint the roof first and glass over it or glass first and then paint or doesn't matter. Thanks Lee and Norma

Glass then paint!
parnold
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to North Central