WYOMING's 2 WALK THE WINDS 2013 gathering

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Re: WYOMING's 2 WALK THE WINDS 2013 gathering

Postby sagebrush » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:48 pm

I'm thinking :thinking: (and it HURTS) that we could probably get a couple of dozen campers without even starting to get crowded!

Woodbutcher, you, Joe and Paul plan on Wyoming next year :lol: We'll save you a good spot :thumbsup:

In 14 days I'm gonna be camped out at New Fork Lake :applause: :applause: :applause:

Will
We ain't skeer'd of the dark!

Living large in a small way!
sagebrush
Platinum Donating Member

Postby cully » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:13 pm

We are planning to attend the gathering. We will be coming from Columbus, Mt. Will get there on Thursday.
Carl & Pat (Cully) Sariin. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
cully
Teardrop Inspector

Postby jss06 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:04 am

I will not be making it this year. I am having my wisdom teeth removed on Monday and won't have enough vacation time left to make the trip.
jss06
Palladium Donating Member

Postby Junkboy999 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:25 pm

Dottie and I would love to drive up and do the Walk The Winds. It is a 16 hour drive or at least 2 day trip up. I can easily go 4 days without a shower so the people will need to Walk The Up Wind from me. I take it there are no showers close by. Guess I’ll have to rig up a Hobo shower. The trip will depend on weather I get my settlement check in. Its for work I payed for after hail damage 3 years ago. Supposed to be in next week.
:worship:

So for now it is like a 30% chance of Dottie and Terry raining down in WY.
Junkboy999
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Woodbutcher » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:41 pm

Terry, the lake is only a couple hundred yards from the Camp Ground. Some went swimming in place of a shower. Wyoming is so dry you rarely sweat. Your Sandwich bread dries out before you finish eating it!
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:10 pm

:applause: Won't be long now! I have made the first Walk the Winds thread a sticky so everyone can get directions or just refresh....Sure wish I could join you but again this year===stupid stuff!
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Wolffarmer » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:48 pm

I have officially sold my Burning Man Ticket. Mailed it off this morning so I am 99.99999% sure to walk the winds. I just hope I don't get to bad of a head wind. Might have to stop, and camp it out.

Randy
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby shawnandherbie » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:35 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_oAtpd ... ata_player

this is a time lapse of the lake next to the campground

this is another time lapse of the lake next to the gathering last year https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fvs1-0q ... ata_player

this is a video of a buffalo with bobBob marlyMarley playing on the radio, could not be better with timing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFUMR5e ... ata_player
shawnandherbie
Teardrop Builder

.Re: WYOMING's 2 WALK THE WINDS 2013 gathering

Postby lee senn » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:26 pm

Hello to all Lee and Norma here. We came to Walk the Winds last year sans teardrop to get ideas for our upcoming build, missed most of you but did talk to Will and Sharon, looked at all the tears present and came away with good advice and new ideas. We also went to the Unionville gathering that year (more research, more ideas). Well the plan then was to get cooking on building our teardrop ( ours is more of a squaredrop, a little taller than the usual tear, but not as tall as a "standee" so maybe it is a "stoopee") and bring it to this years Unionville gathering. Well so much for plans. I didn't even get started on the squaredrop until mid May so we did make Unionville but in our vintage 1981 fiberglass Trillium, had a good time and returned back to Twin Falls, Idaho with a new goal of having our squaredrop ready for Walk the Winds. Good news is it looks like she may be campable for the Winds , by no means done but campable. I have taken tons of pictures and will do a build journal soon but have been working around the clock to be ready for the Winds and just haven't had the time or energy for posting much. Look forward to seeing you all there. P.S. for Wolffarmer hope you make it. We have a Coleman lantern that needs some loving care . Also I am in the process of buttoning up the roof which will be fiberglassed soon. Question paint the roof first and glass over it or glass first and then paint or doesn't matter. Thanks Lee and Norma
lee senn
Donating Member

Postby Nobody » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:53 am

Looking more & more as if we may not make it :cry: . Having a few problems with my back & just unable to sit for long periods (as in 'behind the wheel') driving. Google says it's 1425 miles from Benton, AR to Pinedale, WY. That's at least a 3 day trip for us, maybe 4 (& pretty long days - a 400 mi day is long for us), & I'm hesitant to start something that may turn into a disaster :NC . We're keeping our options open for this week (planned to leave here Sunday Aug 11th) & still may give it a try depending on how I feel. If we do go we'll hafta make a 'flying trip' back home. We're expecting a new great grandaughter around the 28th but it will be this grandaughter's 1st & you know there's no scheduling for those ;) . Can go a week either way & Lenora says we GOTTA be here for that...

Keeping our fingers crossed; with any luck we'll see y'all about the 15th, if not have a great gathering! :thumbsup:
Harvey -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Doing the right thing ain't always easy but, . . . it's always right!
Nobody
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Wolffarmer » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:44 pm

slowcowboy wrote:randy, you don't think you could maybe bring a coleman lantern or two with you for our coleman lantern light off do you?
slow
Only two!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:R
Randy
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby carolandrews » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:20 pm

I am definitely coming from Sacramento with my Camp Inn Teardrop. I plan on arriving late Thursday afternoon. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

My brother, in his Vanagon, is still a maybe.

Carol Andrews
carolandrews
Teardrop Inspector

Postby sagebrush » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:40 pm

:D Hey Carol.........friend ............pal........fellow teardropper......... :D Stop by JR's Texas Bar-B-Q in West Sac and bring me some briscit....... :D PULLEEEZZZEEE!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Will
We ain't skeer'd of the dark!

Living large in a small way!
sagebrush
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Wolffarmer » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:20 pm

Carol. Will be good to see you again. bring a bottle of wine. I will have the Moose Drool.

Randy
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby PSBreen » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:47 am

We are planning to be there Thursday afternoon. Since this will be our first ever gathering, we aren't real sure how things work. I know there is supposed to be a pot luck dinner. Would a nice pie be a good thing to bring or maybe corn on the cobb? Suggestions? Thanks.
Steve & Cynthia
PSBreen
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to North Central