WYOMING's 2 WALK THE WINDS 2013 gathering

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Re: WYOMING's 2 WALK THE WINDS 2013 gathering

Postby carolandrews » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:30 pm

A Vanagon is a Volkswagen Bus that is converted for camping. The top pops up for sleeping.
carolandrews
Teardrop Inspector

Postby jss06 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:29 pm

Still planning on making this. I figure 2.5 days on the road to get there. Same to get back. Hope I have enough vacation time still.
jss06
Palladium Donating Member

Postby Cutthroat Tracker » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:29 pm

OK, I am officially planning on attending. This could be Slow's worst nightmare a greene from Colorado's front range, I will not go into out political differences other to say that we will have to keep our initial conversations to fly fishing, west slope Cutthroats and teardrops.

My treat drop is 90% complete and should be traveling the west by this summer. :D
Cutthroat Tracker
Donating Member

Postby slowcowboy » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:07 pm

be glad to have you up in pinedale in august cutttroat and welcome to the teardrop maddness! plenty to fly fish in the pinedale area and your welcome to join us. I take it its your first gathering don't worry its only my 2. and you will have fun.

do you know about the wyoming game and fishes program or fishing challenge called cutslam. its a competion where you try and catch in wyoming 3 diffrent speices or 4 of cuttroat trout in one day.

its starts near pinedale in the green river and you got to catch all 4 speices in one day you go into the wind river basin and I think the big horn basin to do it.

theres like yellowstone cuttroat and colorado cuttrout include as other speices.

it would be fun for you as your into fly fishing to try while at walk the winds. I am dumb on flyfishing but give me a worm and a sinker and I am happy got a good one 12 inches below the dam at new fork lakes where walk the winds is held last year during the teardrop gathering.

and I am like you my teardrop is built for moutain fishing trips!

slowcowboy
Plans. there was supposed to be plans to be followed when I built this thing. Opps! AH, gee, tum,tee tum. I think I forgot about the plans 2 years ago. ------Tow vehicles, 1995 ford explore, 1994 ford ranger, 1993 ford F-150, 2009 4x9 Off road teardrop, on harbor freight greatly modified frame.
slowcowboy
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby jss06 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:16 pm

WOO WOO. I am going. :thumbsup:

Found out I had more time than I thought. Going to make the gathering and then spend the next week traveling back home through Colorado.
Scheduled my time off and I am working on getting my route figured out.
:beer:
jss06
Palladium Donating Member

Postby Rainier70 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:50 pm

Wyoming Cutt Slam program http://wgfd.wyo.gov/web2011/FISHING-1000209.aspx

Great program, but you don't have to catch them all in the same day. That would involve some fast driving!!! :o
Rainier70
500 Club

Postby Angiewy » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:38 am

In case Slow didn't tell anyone, I will be turning a lot of overtime into Comp time so I can make it. (wedding/house money being turned into comp hours) Its amazing what kind of time off you get when you fall on your ass in the parking lot at work :D . Its amazing what kind of time you use up so you can heal! Anyway, I look forward to meeting everyone!
Angiewy
Teardrop Builder

Postby slowcowboy » Fri May 03, 2013 7:25 am

me and angie will problay be in the old teardrop. lot of stuff coming up that is slowing progress on the new one. with lots of spring snow drought signs are going away so bring a camera forest fire problems are starting to show that there won't be any fires this summer or any problems with smog in the air.

we got like 3 months left folks.

slow
Plans. there was supposed to be plans to be followed when I built this thing. Opps! AH, gee, tum,tee tum. I think I forgot about the plans 2 years ago. ------Tow vehicles, 1995 ford explore, 1994 ford ranger, 1993 ford F-150, 2009 4x9 Off road teardrop, on harbor freight greatly modified frame.
slowcowboy
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby _Ryan_ » Tue May 07, 2013 10:30 pm

Hi Slow,

I have been keeping a close eye on this thread for the last couple months. Living so close in Cheyenne (close in Wyoming terms being only 6 hours away), it should have been an easy choice to attend. But I have been reluctant to commit because I wasn't completely sure the Wyoming Woody would be ready in time.

Well it looks like I will be ready in time! So barring anything unforseen you can put us down as a yes!

I am looking forward to my first teardrop gathering and to get a chance to meet many of you fantastic people face to face for the first time! Maybe I can finally convince my girlfriend I am not totally insane with my teardrop obsession once she has a chance to see all the hard work and fun that we have dreaming up, building, and camping in our creations!

See you all soon!

Cheers!
Ryan
_Ryan_
Teardrop Master

Postby slowcowboy » Wed May 08, 2013 2:06 am

ryan. you will have fun. don't count on a 170 t people like the dam gathering in cali at the wyoming one or walk the winds.

we normaly get around 20 and its nice to have a smaller type set up that can let everyone spend time together.

the group site at new fork lakes acutally will only hold 30 people. so get ready for a smaller set up. we still have fun and yes. we do fish, we also do a a smaller but wonderful coleman lantern lite up so bring a coleman if you can get your hands on one.

espically white gas.

we normaly do 2 nights of potlucks and no one goes hungry at walk the winds as there is plenty of food and we are really not feeding a crowd.

no danger of running out of food if we all bring plenty at walk the winds.

does get a bit on the cold side. no shades thingys needed or ez-ups here in wyoming the wind gets to them and its like only 60 degreas with no humity camping by pinedale so shelter thingys or shade things are about a wast of time and I am not taking my ezup this year.

but will or sagebrush from casper will be there and you could carvan with him ryan!

you guys might even meet up with angie on her way up from lusk but she doesn't pull a teardrop.

and she will take a side trip to pavillon to ride with me over there.

but over all its a nice smallish gathering.

heard no complaints last year and everyone was dying for another one.

slow
slowcowboy
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby nevadatear » Wed May 08, 2013 11:05 am

slowcowboy wrote:ryan. you will have fun. don't count on a 170 t people like the dam gathering in cali at the wyoming one or walk the winds.

slow

Actually, it was 170+ TRAILERS at the dam. But I love small gatherings just as much.
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
Owner,Desert Metal Products. Custom machine shop. Inventory of thousands of bearings and seals, from the common to the archaic.
ImageImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby slowcowboy » Wed May 08, 2013 7:44 pm

nevada walk the winds acutally HAS TO BE no more than 30 lucky people. sorry about the post above.

but the bridger teton national forest will only allow a max of 30 people at the new fork lakes groups site.

so we got no choice but to be a tiny gathering.

if I get any popular we probaly since new fork lakes is the only reservable site to be found in wyoming will have to move the gathering to my back pasture at my place at home just to fit the trithy onth person in the gathering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slow
slowcowboy
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby slowcowboy » Thu May 09, 2013 7:44 am

okay. we got a correction today. wood butcher helped me on what the forest service reservations for the group site is.

its 30 trailers only.

but up to 150 people at one time in the group site.

so if you can fit more than one person in with your teardrop. we Can have a larger gathering.

slow
slowcowboy
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby _Ryan_ » Thu May 09, 2013 9:48 am

slowcowboy wrote:so if you can fit more than one person in with your teardrop. we Can have a larger gathering.

Maybe we should make this into a contest. Lets see how many people we can stuff in a teardrop. :thinking:
_Ryan_
Teardrop Master

Postby slowcowboy » Thu May 09, 2013 10:11 am

oh, ryan. I just had a dumb idea. when we were kids we would try to stuff as many people in a car and take a photo. we need more fun activitys for the walk the winds gathering.

dumb. I know.

but what if we stuffed as many people in a teardrop and took a photo. bettor on 2 thought make the teardrop a 2 door one?

just a thought for the gathering?

but take a friend with you to the gathering folks with you if your coming single. I am bring my finacee!

slow
slowcowboy
6000 Club
6000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to North Central