WYOMING's 2 WALK THE WINDS 2013 gathering

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Re: WYOMING's 2 WALK THE WINDS 2013 gathering

Postby slowcowboy » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:56 am

wonderful,! harvey! your sure welcome to come! and looking like no forest fire smog this year too!

should be great for photos!

on the old walk the winds tread last year I had a photo guide to the campground from the july scouting trip last year.

I should get it up in july this year sometime. if I am not to busy delevering propane.

Slow
Plans. there was supposed to be plans to be followed when I built this thing. Opps! AH, gee, tum,tee tum. I think I forgot about the plans 2 years ago. ------Tow vehicles, 1995 ford explore, 1994 ford ranger, 1993 ford F-150, 2009 4x9 Off road teardrop, on harbor freight greatly modified frame.
slowcowboy
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby Martinjmpr » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:03 pm

SLO: You can put Liz and I down for WTW again this year, we are looking forward to it!

Hopefully I will have this bad boy up and running by then:

See you then!
Martin and Liz and our new T@B Clamshell "Livia"

Our old Teardrop "bubbles"
Bubbles version 2.0 build thread!

Our Facebook group:
Colorado Teardroppers and Tiny Trailers Camping Group (FB)

States we've visited with Bubbles and Livia: Image
Martinjmpr
Teardrop Master

Postby slowcowboy » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:30 pm

love to that makes proble 20 people on the list coming this year. and blow that lanterns air tubes out good. put a pack of bbs in the gas tank and shaker up for over a hour. then air compessor it. new jenny and a cap and a pump and it should go to town.

bring all the colemans you can folks. bring sears and agms table lamps we are going to have fun again lighting up the pinedale wyoming summer night sky!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slow
Plans. there was supposed to be plans to be followed when I built this thing. Opps! AH, gee, tum,tee tum. I think I forgot about the plans 2 years ago. ------Tow vehicles, 1995 ford explore, 1994 ford ranger, 1993 ford F-150, 2009 4x9 Off road teardrop, on harbor freight greatly modified frame.
slowcowboy
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby _Ryan_ » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:35 am

My trailer is coming along and I am now confident it will be compete before the gathering! Looks like we won't have to sleep in a tent.

See you all in August!
_Ryan_
Teardrop Master

Postby shawnandherbie » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:07 pm

108312108313 this was last years closest walking distance beach, it was Smokey from the fires in Idaho but this year will be a lot nicer :worship:
shawnandherbie
Teardrop Builder

Postby nrody » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:27 am

Ok Slow I have been working hard getting things ready for Walk in the Winds, New curtains in the tear, new luggable loo and privacy shelter, new fire pit grill, new fishing pole, and lots of other stuff :? but now it is time to meal plan. Can you give us some informatio on the potluck's? how many, what days and if they are breakfast, lunch or dinner?
That way I can plan the menu and shop accordingly.
:thinking:

Can't wait.... ;)
nrody
Nancy
nrody
Donating Member

Postby slowcowboy » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:25 pm

when a weekend comes and i am a wake. and t dont get off work at 8 pm.

slow iam thinking ot bed now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
slowcowboy
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby sagebrush » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:30 pm

:thinking: Seems that in 2012 the big meals were Saturday b'fast and dinner. Lunch you were sorta on your own. Things just sorta happened, no linen table cloths and such. :lol: Pretty laid back! Iff'n you run short on grub, there are several grocery stores in Pinedale.
We ain't skeer'd of the dark!

Living large in a small way!
sagebrush
Platinum Donating Member

Postby slowcowboy » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:07 pm

Yea. we don't get fancy in wyoming with this gathering. its a pretty laid back relaxed go with the flow thingy. I did a beef roast in a do. most people used a do and made on meal. I helped supply the turky fryer for the rv omlets. I can do so again.

allow 20 minutes for cooking due to high altude at new forks instead of the recomened 10 we learned last year.

I can supply the eggs for that rv omlet thingy again to.

seems like we had 3 dozen store bought eggs left over after wards and I had my box of slow home grown eggs plumb empty! :lol:

wolfgang cooked us up on a campfire some hambugres and brats or winners I belive.

nothing really fancy

we ate good. I mean look at this photo below I am telling you guys NO ONE STARVES AND WE DON"T RUN OUT OF FOOD AT THIS WYOMING GATHERING!

here is the remanins of my do beef roast!!!!!!!!

look at the pot luck table photo!!!!!!!!!

so if your worried about food at walk the winds. bring a plate of some sort!!!!!!!!!!!!

slow
slowcowboy
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby slowcowboy » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:15 pm

we do also coleman lantern light up saturday night. so bring a white gas old time coleman if you can lay your hands on one and get it running in time.

us coleman nuts will fill in with extra lanterns if we are short.

we don't need a millon lanterns but then we say "we are not afraid of the dark!"

and you got a great campground to camp in.

and the lake new forks.

so what do you think are we scary folks to camp with?

why not join us and see what a small time get to know everyone see every single teardrop and have plenty of food gathering is about?

oh, yea. and if your from back east you get to see the milky way in the sky here in wyoming and you get to see as paul or parnold from newjersy said it best.

cow bears or angus bears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! some of them do walk though camp!

but you got a cowboy to guard you from the cowbears.

so comeone and lets have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slowcowboy
slowcowboy
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby slowcowboy » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:29 pm

okay. about 21 total people commeted to coming to about 25 total.

so no big starving at the potluck tabel as your get last in line!

I would say plan for 25 total people at walk the winds this year on august 15th though 19th.

i am working now on a job so I am thinking with my new busy propane delivery job that I will send angie thursday night and join you all in pinedale saturday moring.

probaly leave out around 3 or 4 saturday moring from pavlion and make pinedale aroudn 8 or 9. that way I can get in as much of the gathering as I can.

my new job changes on a daily basis and every moring so I never can plan a head of time for anything at work.

my route and my day is changing at any minute at work.

I am new to the job and I am not going to sqrew up after 4 years of unemployment so.

I will probaly not be there thursday till sat moring.

angie can easly keep everyone in conserstation so you won't be bored with out me till I get there sat moring.

next year I will get a week of vacation and I am going to try to move the gathering up to july and our huney moon week.

so things might be bettor on seeing me acutaly in 014.

I WILL BE THERE THIS YEAR IN 2013.

I am just only able to attend the gathering on a weekend only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sat is the important stuff of the gathering the pot luck and the coleman light off so this won't be much of a problem.

so you can all meet me when I pull into camp sat moring.

slow
slowcowboy
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby nrody » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:25 pm

I am certainly not worried about going hungry,all the tear-droppers I have met are very kind and generous, just trying to menu plan. Deciding on ham or pot roast or fried chicken. Then again maybe some really yummy mac and cheese for a side. It is a good thing I have time to make up my mind.
See yall there ;)
nrody
Nancy
nrody
Donating Member

Postby sagebrush » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:35 pm

:) Mmmmmm.....I like ham and pot roast and fried chicken and mac and cheese and........:lol:

I'm planing to get there noonish Thursday so Miss Angie and I can direct the traffic and tell campers where to go! :shock:

Y'all come now, hear!

Will
We ain't skeer'd of the dark!

Living large in a small way!
sagebrush
Platinum Donating Member

Postby jss06 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:40 pm

I was originally going to arrive Thursday. But it may be Friday or even Saturday now. I have to have my wisdom teeth removed and I need to have a couple of vacation days to cover that just in case.
jss06
Palladium Donating Member

Postby slowcowboy » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:55 pm

I might do a beef roast again in the do. I will be bringing eggs and the turk fyer for the rv omlets probaly sunday moring or sat.

if corn ready then corn will come. that is a big iffy on the corn summer is already to cool and corn growing slowly this year.

slow
slowcowboy
7000 Club
7000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to North Central