Last Gasp of Summer 2013

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Re: Last Gasp of Summer 2013

Postby Pam Wright » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:10 pm

9 days and a wake up!!!

Just received the signed off copy of our reservation for our pavilion.... YAY!!!

Rain has NOT affected out campground!!!

Weather report;

Wednesday 25th high 85 low 41 sunny

Thursday 26th high 69 low 40 sprinkles

Friday 27th high 70 low 47 sunny

Saturday 28th high 71 low 47 sunny

Sunday 29th high 77 low 43 sunny

See you soon!

pam
Rocky Mountain TearJerkers
Director

"Be well, Be safe, Be Happy!"

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Postby Gerdo » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:43 pm

We are a no go.
Sorry, work calls.
I worked today. I work tomorrow and Saturday.

Have a great time!
Gerdo
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby bdosborn » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:32 pm

We're out as well, have fun and take pictures!

Bruce and Jean
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

We're back!

Postby Martinjmpr » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:38 pm

Had a great time meeting Pam and all the other Colorado Tearjerkers (and a couple from out of state as well!)

We only were there for one night, Saturday. Friday night we camped with a girlfriend of Liz's, a woman named Judy, at a place called the Bighorn RV resort about 35 miles up-river from the Royal Gorge, in Coaldale.

Pictures:

Friday it was quite cool and overcast, lots of clouds and even heavy fog leaving Denver (which is unusual for Colorado.) The view of Mount Princeton near Buena Vista was kind of cool with the clouds and the aspens turning to gold!

First we stopped in Salida to do some fishing, and Liz and Judy each caught a couple of nice trout. As usual, I just stood there standing by the water with my fly rod in my hand, looking silly and entertaining the fish!

The good news is that the bad/cold/windy/rainy weather seemed to have been confined to Friday. By Saturday it was warm, sunny and gorgeous! After spending the night at Bighorn we headed up to the Royal Gorge park to meet up with the Tearjerkers.

Pam put up signs welcoming us to the campground, which is in a fantastic location, that was (fortunately!) spared from the recent fire.

As I said, the campground was spared, but not by much! The burned, devastated area ran right up to within a few hundred yards of the campsite. But Canon City decided to open the campground to us, thanks to Pam's hard work!

Liz's friend Judy brought her own trailer, a kind of teardrop called a Wazat (wazat? I dunno! :lol: ) seen here parked right next to Bubbles.

After we got setup, we went visiting, got to meet a lot of great folks, and got to see (again!) Pam and Ron, whom we'd met in Wyoming at Walk the Winds. After the group pot luck dinner (yum!) I decided to light up my one working lantern. Unfortunately, I was the only one there with a lantern, maybe that's just a Wyoming tradition?

We made sure to get a group photo as well, one serious...

...and one, not so much:

Thanks again to Pam and all the other great folks who worked so hard to make it happen! We're definitely excited about coming up next year, maybe not so late in the year when the weather will hopefully be a little nicer the entire time!
Martin and Liz and our new T@B Clamshell "Livia"

Our old Teardrop "bubbles"
Bubbles version 2.0 build thread!

Our Facebook group:
Colorado Teardroppers and Tiny Trailers Camping Group (FB)

States we've visited with Bubbles and Livia: Image
Martinjmpr
Teardrop Master

Postby RPH » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:57 pm

Thanks for posting these photos, Martin & Liz. And also thanks for thinking to take a group shot. I liked that you brought the lantern...but you're right, it must be a Wyoming thing. It was great to see many "old" and "new" teardrop friends at the Last Gasp again this year.
"Why don't you get a toupee with some brains it!?!"- Moe to Curly
RPH
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Pam Wright » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:37 am

WOW!!! Such great pictures, Martin and Liz, thank you! I am so happy we finally got to camp together!! As usual, I was busy being the 'hostess with the mostest' and didn't even get my camera out!!!

What an amazing weekend! Mother Nature tested us... we had wind most days and a few chilly nights... BUT "The Last Gasp of Summer 2013" was a 'great time'!!! 17 teardrops, 3 tents, a behemoth (Amy and Alan's trailer), 40 adults, 5 kiddo's and 17 dogs... wonderful food and lots of all things 'teardrop'! The true measure of friendship is even when someone sells their teardrop, Ron and Jeannette Goodwin, they still come have a picnic lunch with us every year. And when the world closes in, true teardroppers come with or without the Rosebud, Denny and Karen Rosenberger to join us all day Saturday and the potluck!!!

I have an amazing FB friend Jessy Stevenson, that is also a teardropper (and Scamp owner too!)... although she and I have never met, we are sisters... such a gift she gave me, when a friend (another Scamp owner) of hers all the way from NC, drove into camp with her Colorado friend, just to say hi! Thank you Holly Gardner!!! The incredible things that happen in our lives!!!!

We missed those of you that wanted to come and couldn't, and those of you that traveled further from us...

I am truly blessed to be able to share my love of teardropping and my beautiful Colorado (even scorched) with those I call family. Thank you all for making it another amazing "Gasp"!!! :applause: :applause: :applause:

pam
Director

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Postby grant whipp » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:07 am

Nice pics, Martin ... :thumbsup: ... Thanks for posting them!

I don't see George T. in the group pic ... was he there? We were supposed to stop by and visit him on our way to the CRA, but we ran out of time.

Re: the Lantern Light-up ... might be a West Coast Thing that the WY bunch just happened to like, and we don't do it at all the WC Gatherings, either. But hey ... if you brought one, light that sucker up & be proud ... 8) ...!

Pam ... we'll make it out there for the Last Gasp one of these years, we promise ... ;) ...!

CHEERS!
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby Pam Wright » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:25 am

ALSO.... I now have available the pdf of our 'ghost story'... The Last Gasp by ML 'Lynn' Donovan... I will be happy to email it to anyone interested, just let me know!!!! She will be making it public, but offered it to us first!!!!

Thank you Lynn for making this a special part of our Saturday night!!!!

pam
Director

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Postby Pam Wright » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:29 am

Grant,

thanks Buddy!!! Really want to see you and Kay at the Gasp sometime!!!

no Mr. George T, did not make it this year... :(

and sorry guys... the lantern thing is all yours... we had a ghost story instead!!!!

pam
Director

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:52 pm

Pam Wright wrote:ALSO.... I now have available the pdf of our 'ghost story'... The Last Gasp by ML 'Lynn' Donovan... I will be happy to email it to anyone interested, just let me know!!!! She will be making it public, but offered it to us first!!!!

Thank you Lynn for making this a special part of our Saturday night!!!!

pam

I would love a copy. I sure have to get up a better plan. Missing all the fun.
:FNP
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Previous

Return to North Central