camp outs in missouri

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby Waliczek » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:10 pm

Gary and Trudy,
If you and Warpony, schedule another MO/KAN, Sept is good for me.
Last year it was on Sept 10,11, & 12th of Sept. It was such a great time.
This year I will let my daughter use the Rimple, and I will Get an obscure spot and bring my vintage Boles Areo. It is now finished, except for the
exterior painting, I will be doing that as soon as the weather settles and I get at least three days of good weather. I will post pictures as soon as it is done. Meantime, I am sure that I will run into you folks prior to that time( Figuretively speaking ,of course). :lol: All of a sudden my business picks up, just when I am trying to retire,so I also am on a " give me 24 hour notice for a local trip and I can go too." I really do need a few shakedown trip with the Boles.
Take care,
Tom
"Toys"--2003 Dodge Dakota--TT Rimple"Gypsy"--1955 Boles Aero Travel Trailer--2002 Sweetwater 20' Pontoon--1982 22' Mcgregor sailboat..
Waliczek
Donating Member

Postby WarPony » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:28 pm

Tommy, what is a Boles Aero?
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:43 pm

Jeff
I thought an native american should know that a Boles Aero is and Aero to shoot Boles with. :lol:
Gary
I think I just hyjacked another thread. Sorry
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby Waliczek » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:56 pm

I just knew I was going to have trouble with you two guys. In order to continue with your adult education, a Boles Areo is one of the finest trailers made after the Big One, WW2. I only post it here because it is classified as a Tiny Trailer. 6ft wide 10Ft floor lenght, shaped like a canned ham. I can even stand up inside and cook dinner, not to mention
use the potty. :lol: :R
Seriously, I do look forward to getting together in person this summer somewhere.
Take care,
Tom
"Toys"--2003 Dodge Dakota--TT Rimple"Gypsy"--1955 Boles Aero Travel Trailer--2002 Sweetwater 20' Pontoon--1982 22' Mcgregor sailboat..
Waliczek
Donating Member

Postby BrwBier » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:35 am

Sadly, I will be vacationing w/o a teardrop. For the last time I hope. I will be in Missouri from 5 May till 15 May and would be interested in meeting some people and seeing some tears if you are out during that time. We will be generally coming into Missouri in the northeast and traveling counterclockwise around the state. We have no definite plans and would be open to suggestion's from anyone as to where to go. This will be our last trip with the soft sided tear with no wheels. The only sort of plan is to be in Branson in the middle of the week, otherwise just go with the weather or whatever idea comes into out heads. Also if their are any GeoCachers out there, suggestions along those lines would also be appreciated.
Check my profile as to other hobbies if you have suggestions for anything.
Happy camping to all
Brwbier
BrwBier
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby WarPony » Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:05 pm

Waliczek wrote:a Boles Areo is one of the finest trailers made after the Big One, WW2

Ah, ha!! Well, I learned something new today........ but I already new Gary was a wise acre!! :lol: :lol:

Brewbier, when you are down near Springfield, go see Fantastic Caverns and the Wonders of Wildlife Museum. They are really cool!! You can do both in one day, no problem. My GF and I just got back from a canoe trip down that way a couple of hours ago. www.twinbridgescanoe.com is the website. The owner, Jim, was a great guy and had a very nice campground to stay at!! I took my TTT down there and the second thing he said to me was, "Did you build that?".
ImageImage

WarPony
Donating Member

Postby ChaseLounge » Tue May 16, 2006 8:55 pm

:D Hi Everyone! We are building our first teardrop, "The Chase Lounge". We live in Branson, Missouri. I sent an e-mail to "ROLY" and he gave us some valuable information, along with the link to this forum.

WARPONY, our favorite camping spot is Buffalo Point on the Buffalo River in Yellville, Arkansas, where we love to canoe. In fact, we just got back from there, today. We'll have to check-out some of the places you have mentioned.

We're very excited about the MO-KAN group. Hopefully we will have "The Chase Lounge" finished by September and would love to attend a gathering, anywhere in the four-state area! Even if it's not, we could "tent camp" and would love to see all the trailers.

Look forward to meeting everyone. Keep us informed on a gathering.
Building Our First Teardrop
ChaseLounge
Donating Member

Postby s4son » Tue May 16, 2006 9:54 pm

Chase & Mellie,
Welcome ... Surely we will get something going in the fall for all us Missouri/Kansas/Oklahoma/Nebraska, oh heck everybody. Last year was a lot of fun. We're starting to get a few teardrops in Missouri now. I don't know if we'll ever catch up with Texas though.

Scott F.
Are we there yet?
ImageImage
s4son
Donating Member

Postby ChaseLounge » Wed May 17, 2006 5:16 am

Thanks, Scott! We really enjoyed your picture album of the MO-KAN 2005.

Who owns the teardrop in pictures 200517 & 200518. :thumbsup: The wood is the kind I want to use on our teardrop. It looks like beadboard, to me, but the only kind of beadboard we can find is indoor grade only. We were afraid it would not hold-up, outdoors.

And to the guy with the "big match", BOOMER SOONER! :applause:
ChaseLounge
Donating Member

Postby WarPony » Wed May 17, 2006 6:35 am

Chef, that tear you liked is owned by Dwayne from Wichita, KS. He goes by JetBlder here on the forum. It is beadboard but I don't remember where he got it from.

BTW, I'm the yahoo with the giant match lighter :lol: !
ImageImage

WarPony
Donating Member

chaselounge

Postby oklahomajewel » Wed May 17, 2006 8:13 am

Welcome ChaseLounge , to the wonderful world of teardroppers!!!

You've found a great bunch, especially the mo-kan folks.

My build is going slow, $$ and time, but will definitely be ready to camp with you all somewhere in Sept, if not sooner.

CL - I'm hoping to scope out Grand Lake, in far NW Oklahoma soon and organize a gathering in the fall. Hope you can make it then, and everyone else too.

Nice to see another TD'er in this region! woo hoo!!!

julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby ChaseLounge » Wed May 17, 2006 6:08 pm

Thanks for the info, Warpony. I will have Chase PM him and ask about the beadboard.

Julie, I (Mellie) used to live in Oklahoma and am familar with Grand Lake. It is beautiful. We would love to go there. I've been telling Chase about Grand Lake, Lake Eufaula, and Tenkiller Lake. All three are beautiful areas.

And, Warpony, have you ever floated/canoed the Illinois River in Tahlequah?
ChaseLounge
Donating Member

Postby WarPony » Wed May 17, 2006 7:55 pm

ChaseLounge wrote: Warpony, have you ever floated/canoed the Illinois River in Tahlequah?

I have canoed and kayaked the Illinois River MANY, MANY times. I was born in Tahlequah and have been going to that river my whole life. I have lots of relatives there, also. Some even have property on the river so that makes for easy access whenever we want. We were going to canoe it this Memorial Weekend but there are so many rafters that weekend it ruins the fun. :( We'll run the Current in MO instead 8) !!
ImageImage

WarPony
Donating Member

Postby ChaseLounge » Thu May 18, 2006 4:58 am

Cool! 8) I am from Ft. Gibson and have been to Tahlequah many, many times and of course on the Illinois several times, too. Northeastern Oklahoma is a beautiful place.
ChaseLounge
Donating Member

ne okla

Postby oklahomajewel » Thu May 18, 2006 6:58 am

No hijacking intended, but I can see that we MUST have a campout at Grand this fall!!! I'll get my round tuit and call Bernice State Park and try to get her to do reservations for me. They say they don't take them, but I'll try to strike a deal. Looks like we could have at least 7 teardroppers!!!

ChaseLounge, WarPony, me, Rickxr2, Pat H, Rayvillian, Karol, Walizcek, s4son.....and on and on

I have **GOT *** to get my teardrop done!!!

julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to North Central