Wisconsin's Black River State Forest Camping Trip

Anywhere in the country is fine. Where do you want to camp?

Postby TPMcGinty » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:56 pm

Here is the list of people camping at the Black River State Forest Castle Mound Campground so far:

Tim and Baron - Site 31 - Sunday 20 July and Monday 21 July
Betsey and Craig - Site TBD? - Saturday 19 July (Maybe), Sunday 20 July, and Monday 21 July
Jim - Site TBD? - Friday 18 July through Monday 21 July

Please post when and which camp site when you know, so I can keep this list updated for everyone.
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby MrBuzz » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:55 pm

Count me in. I'll be there Sunday morning or afternoon. I'll take my chances on getting a site too.
Are we going to plan on a potluck supper Sunday evening?
Generic Benroy - built 2007, 4X8, 1175 HF trailer, Structoglass roof and headliner, 12v and 110v electrics with Schumacher charger.
MrBuzz
Teardrop Master

Postby cs_whypt2 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:02 pm

I was going to put in for a site and then I found out that the family vacation is that week, so I don't know if I will be coming out. IDK, I'll figure something out.

Dianne
:wine:
cs_whypt2
Donating Member

Postby TPMcGinty » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:28 pm

Here is the list of people camping at the Black River State Forest Castle Mound Campground so far:

Tim and Baron - Site 31 - Sunday 20 July and Monday 21 July
Betsey and Craig - Site TBD? - Saturday 19 July (Maybe), Sunday 20 July, and Monday 21 July
Jim - Site TBD? - Friday 18 July through Monday 21 July
Buzz - Site TBD? - Sunday 20 July and Monday 21 July

Please post when and which camp site when you know, so I can keep this list updated for everyone.
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby TPMcGinty » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:28 pm

I guess with so many people taking their chances in getting a camp site, I shouldn't have commited us to the Castle Mound Campground by reserving a spot. I wish I would have known this sooner. Sorry.
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby Betsey » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:36 pm

Tim,

We are planning on reserving a site, just need to firm up whether it will be for Saturday or Sunday before we do.

Don't worry about it...it'll all work out fine...unless the campground ends up closing like Wild Cat (20 miles south of us) did. We had plans to have a get-together there but the 9" of rain they got last weekend washed out the road and entrance to the park; the lower park and canoe landing is totally flooded and they even had to evacuate some people in the town. Park will be closed at least through June 29. :(

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Claw » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:37 pm

TPMcGinty wrote:I guess with so many people taking their chances in getting a camp site, I shouldn't have commited us to the Castle Mound Campground by reserving a spot. I wish I would have known this sooner. Sorry.

Tim I may yet reserve a spot but did not commit yet as I thought maybe I would work my up there. I was thinking of doing the New Glarus Brewing tour on Saturday then come up later Saturday. If I decide to get up there on Friday I will probablly reserve. Your reservation will allow all of us to know which site to TP so we really appreciate you reserving that spot. :thumbsup:
JIM

Think about It!
Claw
500 Club

Postby TPMcGinty » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:43 pm

I'm sorry but my first official campout in my teardrop will be on the 12th of July. Your welcome to TP my trailer on that day. Since I will have already camped in my teardrop prior to the 20th of July, it would be unfair to TP it then. :D
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby TPMcGinty » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:34 pm

cs_whypt2 wrote:I was going to put in for a site and then I found out that the family vacation is that week, so I don't know if I will be coming out. IDK, I'll figure something out.

Dianne

Sorry to hear that you might not make it. My only suggestion is take the family vacation at Black River! 8)
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby Claw » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:38 pm

Tim you have obviously not read the rules :?
While your logic sounds convincing the handbook states something quite contrary. You see it is not official unless there is a group campout and since we are part of the group if the first campout happens when we are not there then it really did not happen. While you may have a fire and hotdogs and even s'mores I am sorry to inform you that it is all an illusion until the requirements in the handbook are fulfilled. Your July 12 outing can be defined as a precampout or a test campout but it is not to be confused with the first official campout. The regulations are spelled out quite definitively by none other than Mr. Whipple.
JIM

Think about It!
Claw
500 Club

Postby cs_whypt2 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:49 pm

TPMcGinty wrote:
cs_whypt2 wrote:I was going to put in for a site and then I found out that the family vacation is that week, so I don't know if I will be coming out. IDK, I'll figure something out.

Dianne

Sorry to hear that you might not make it. My only suggestion is take the family vacation at Black River! 8)

My family no longer camps. It is just me now.

Dianne
:wine:
cs_whypt2
Donating Member

Postby TPMcGinty » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:12 pm

Claw wrote:Tim you have obviously not read the rules :?
While your logic sounds convincing the handbook states something quite contrary. You see it is not official unless there is a group campout and since we are part of the group if the first campout happens when we are not there then it really did not happen. While you may have a fire and hotdogs and even s'mores I am sorry to inform you that it is all an illusion until the requirements in the handbook are fulfilled. Your July 12 outing can be defined as a precampout or a test campout but it is not to be confused with the first official campout. The regulations are spelled out quite definitively by none other than Mr. Whipple.

I talked to Mr. Whipple. He said "Don't squeeze the Charmin and don't TP Tim's trailer with it either"!

At least Lori hasn't said she will be at this gathering for sure. She planned to mummify my trailer with TP.
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby Betsey » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:26 pm

TPMcGinty wrote:I'm sorry but my first official campout in my teardrop will be on the 12th of July.

So, you are snubbing us for the first trip out, eh? :BE

I mean, it's not like we're gonna give you a hard time if things aren't quite working out on the teardrop...no...not us... :no: :roll:

So, where are you heading for the maiden voyage? Someplace better than BRF?

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby TPMcGinty » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:36 pm

Betsey wrote:
TPMcGinty wrote:I'm sorry but my first official campout in my teardrop will be on the 12th of July.

So, you are snubbing us for the first trip out, eh? :BE

I mean, it's not like we're gonna give you a hard time if things aren't quite working out on the teardrop...no...not us... :no: :roll:

So, where are you heading for the maiden voyage? Someplace better than BRF?

Betsey 8)

I'm camping in my parents back yard. That counts right? :)
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby rainman0 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:28 pm

Tim,
We will take our chances too. We will leave here early Sun. or MAYBE late Sat. Not sure yet.
We are close enough to your parents, maybe we should run over and tp your trailer :thinking:
How come Lori hasn't responded to the gathering yet?
We just got back from the north shore. It is still winter up there. But, we still had a great time. We may have a commission to build a tear for someone. :)
We also found a great state forest campground for a possible gathering. Right on a small lake. VERY remote.
Is it a potluck on Sun?
Toby and Sue
The Tearible Two
rainman0
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to Suggest a Gathering