Minnesota gathering

Anywhere in the country is fine. Where do you want to camp?

Minnesota gathering

Postby rainman0 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:59 pm

Am I the only teardropper from Mn?
I would love to get a group together in Mn.
Any interest? :thinking:
Toby and Sue
The Tearible Two
rainman0
Teardrop Master

Postby TPMcGinty » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:20 pm

I'm still working on my teardrop but I think a get together in MN would be great!
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby kayaklover » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:17 pm

Hi another teardropper from Minnesota here. I'm ready anytime and have a few trips already planned , PM me and I'll fill you in on the details.

Lori
Lori
Co-Director
St. Croix Tearjerkers
kayaklover
Teardrop Master

Postby MrBuzz » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:37 pm

I'm technically not a Minnesotan but how about if I promise to speak slowly for the weekend. :lol:
Let me know what you come up with, I'd be in for a gathering in this part of the country.
Generic Benroy - built 2007, 4X8, 1175 HF trailer, Structoglass roof and headliner, 12v and 110v electrics with Schumacher charger.
MrBuzz
Teardrop Master

Postby NutmegJoe » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:16 am

I'll be a North Dakota resident soon. I'd be up for meeting some teardroppers in the area, and I've never camped in Minnesota...I can get another state sticker for my map!
Shelly
--------------
"Do what you like,
Like what you do"

NutmegJoe
Gold Donating Member

Mn. gathering

Postby rainman0 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:17 am

Alright, it looks like we have some interest!
My wife (Sue) and I have a "camping lot", near Pine City. We would be happy to host a campout for anyone who would be interested.
I see there are at least a couple of kayakers, there is the Snake River near us, that I hear is good kayaking.
If you have any questions or thoughts as far as dates or anything please pm me.
Let's get it rolling!
Take care.
Toby and Sue :applause:
Toby and Sue
The Tearible Two
rainman0
Teardrop Master

Postby MrBuzz » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:26 am

Pine City is in a nice area...should be plenty of camping areas and lots of cool things to do.
Keep us informed!
Generic Benroy - built 2007, 4X8, 1175 HF trailer, Structoglass roof and headliner, 12v and 110v electrics with Schumacher charger.
MrBuzz
Teardrop Master

Postby kayaklover » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:23 pm

Pine city looks like a good little road trip to me. How does May sound ? There are already 3 gatherings in Wisconsin for April, June, and October. :applause: :applause: :applause:
Lori
Co-Director
St. Croix Tearjerkers
kayaklover
Teardrop Master

Re: Mn. gathering

Postby TPMcGinty » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:26 pm

rainman0 wrote:Alright, it looks like we have some interest!
My wife (Sue) and I have a "camping lot", near Pine City. We would be happy to host a campout for anyone who would be interested.
I see there are at least a couple of kayakers, there is the Snake River near us, that I hear is good kayaking.
If you have any questions or thoughts as far as dates or anything please pm me.
Let's get it rolling!
Take care.
Toby and Sue :applause:

Pine City isn't too far from me. Are big dumb dogs allowed?
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby rainman0 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:51 pm

How would May 31st-June 1st work for everyone?
Tim, as far as "big,dumb dogs". How big and how dumb? LOL!
I feel the same way about them as I do about people. If they are well behaved I am O.K. with them. Have you read "Marley and Me? Good read.
Whitewater sounds good for us, if our granddaughter doesn't have her birthday party then. Which weekend? Where are the events in Wisconsin?
Keep in touch.
Toby and Sue
The Tearible Two
rainman0
Teardrop Master

Postby TPMcGinty » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:19 pm

rainman0 wrote:How would May 31st-June 1st work for everyone?
Tim, as far as "big,dumb dogs". How big and how dumb? LOL!
I feel the same way about them as I do about people. If they are well behaved I am O.K. with them. Have you read "Marley and Me? Good read.
Whitewater sounds good for us, if our granddaughter doesn't have her birthday party then. Which weekend? Where are the events in Wisconsin?
Keep in touch.

He's a 100 pound yellow lab that loves everyone. He is well behaved because if he isn't well behaved, he gets stuck on his chain.
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby Betsey » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:22 pm

We might be able to join you. Whitewater is about 90 minutes away from us. We used to do a yearly youth summer camp there, but stayed in the cabins. Pine City is about 3-ish hours - also do-able. Interstate Park is really nice and interesting...also lots of bike trails. We've camped on the WI side but also spent some time on the MN side.

Wisconsin Gatherings:

Cooler Near the Lake II at Kohler-Andrae State Park in Sheboygan is April 25-27. Looking forward to another great time!

Vintage Trailer Rally in Montello at Buffalo Lake Camping Resort is June 23-26. We went the first year, when it was held in September, but haven't been able to attend since then, as the date now always coincides with the MSRA's "Back to the Fifties" and we show our trailers there (working weekend).

Our Camp-Inn Camp-Out in Mauston at Juneau County's Castle Rock Park is the last week of September or first week of October - haven't firmed up the dates yet.

We know a couple who lives in Rochester who would probably be up for the Whitewater gathering.

Okay, now that the 2008 camping season is beginning to take shape here...let the games begin!

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Minnesota gathering

Postby kayaklover » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:37 pm

May 31st and June 1st work for me.
I was thinking of April 11th weekend for Whitewater State Park. It has been closed because of flooding and that's the day they reopen.
And Tim, big lovable labs are welcome there too. Does Baron get his own trailer? Or will you be sleeping curled up at the end of the bed?

Cooler near the lake 2 is posted on the forum under midwest gatherings and is at the end of April.

The midwest Vintage trailer Rally is at the Buffalo Lake Resort in Montello Wi. on June 19-22. I talked to Kimberly and she said teardrops are welcome. I'm in site 2 , so if we want to keep the teardrops together , book around there. There will be other people from our forum there also , so we should have a good showing. :applause: :applause: :applause:
Lori
Co-Director
St. Croix Tearjerkers
kayaklover
Teardrop Master

Re: Minnesota gathering

Postby TPMcGinty » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:41 pm

kayaklover wrote:May 31st and June 1st work for me.
I was thinking of April 11th weekend for Whitewater State Park. It has been closed because of flooding and that's the day they reopen.
And Tim, big lovable labs are welcome there too. Does Baron get his own trailer? Or will you be sleeping curled up at the end of the bed?

Cooler near the lake 2 is posted on the forum under midwest gatherings and is at the end of April.

The midwest Vintage trailer Rally is at the Buffalo Lake Resort in Montello Wi. on June 19-22. I talked to Kimberly and she said teardrops are welcome. I'm in site 2 , so if we want to keep the teardrops together , book around there. There will be other people from our forum there also , so we should have a good showing. :applause: :applause: :applause:

Nope. Unfortunately when I finally finish Baron's Teardrop, he will have to share it with me!
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Whitewater gathering

Postby kayaklover » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:54 pm

Hi Betsy,
I'll call the park tomorrow and see if they recommend reservations or if we can get a group type of site.
Lori
Co-Director
St. Croix Tearjerkers
kayaklover
Teardrop Master

Next

Return to Suggest a Gathering