Minnesota gathering

Anywhere in the country is fine. Where do you want to camp?

Postby TPMcGinty » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:18 pm

A big thanks to Toby and Sue for a great time! I hope your son feels better now that you made it through a whole weekend with such strange strangers!
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby Betsey » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:38 pm

TPMcGinty wrote:A big thanks to Toby and Sue for a great time!

We second that! Awesome time...great location...met some new teardrop friends and got to visit with some "old" ones...Dianne's teardrop went through initiation...great food...great weather...and an all around good time was had by all.

Hope to meet up with all of you around the campfire in the future!

Thanks again, Toby & Sue.

Betsey & Craig 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

ING 1

Postby kayaklover » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:49 pm

Another thanks to Toby and Sue for your hospitality, we had a great time.
Dianne the mosquito's in Minnesota thank you for your generous donation.
It was nice of you and Jim to drive so far for a gathering, I know it's not an easy thing to do for a short weekend and with the price of gas the way it is.
Craig I would watch out if I were you Mike, really likes Betsy and hugged that raccoon tail all the way home. He also took his chicken enchilada to work with him today for lunch. He had a great time as did my super tired dogs.
Lori
Co-Director
St. Croix Tearjerkers
kayaklover
Teardrop Master

Postby MrBuzz » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:57 pm

Thank You sooo much Toby & Sue for you hospitality the campground could not have been better. I have never seen such a nice outhouse!!
Great to meet everyone else there too. It was great looking at everyone's trailers & talking teardrops. The Saturday night potluck was amazing...great food, great company!
:applause: Nice Work Everybody!! :applause:
Generic Benroy - built 2007, 4X8, 1175 HF trailer, Structoglass roof and headliner, 12v and 110v electrics with Schumacher charger.
MrBuzz
Teardrop Master

Postby cs_whypt2 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:20 pm

Thank you Toby and Sue! :thumbsup: :)
I had a great time, it was fun showing off the 'new' trailer.
The bug bites...ummm...I counted on my right leg 84 and there is still some behind the knee I can not see. There is more showing up on my arms now too...it is like they are multipling! :?
It was great meeting new people and new pups! :applause:
Looking forward to seeing every one next time. And next time, I will figures out how to cook corn correctly! :thinking: Yeah, I'll leave that for next time.

Dianne :ilovecamp:
:wine:
cs_whypt2
Donating Member

Postby rainman0 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:55 pm

You are all very welcome, and thank all of you for coming. We had a great time also. You are a great bunch!
If you are ever in the area, and need a place to park that tear (or tent) you are more than welcome to stay there.
I hope it wasn't too hard putting up with a couple of motorhomers, who also love their teardrop. :lol:
Sue wants to build another tear, do you know anyone looking for one? :thinking:
Have a great week.
Toby and Sue
The Tearible Two
rainman0
Teardrop Master

Postby TPMcGinty » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:05 pm

rainman0 wrote:Sue wants to build another tear, do you know anyone looking for one? :thinking:

You can't sell the old one until the new one is built otherwise you'll be stuck with the motorhome! :shock:
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby rainman0 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:13 pm

TPMcGinty wrote:
rainman0 wrote:Sue wants to build another tear, do you know anyone looking for one? :thinking:

You can't sell the old one until the new one is built otherwise you'll be stuck with the motorhome! :shock:

We wouldn't sell the old one, we would sell the new one. We just want to build one.
Hey, I thought Baron was staying with us? :thinking:
Toby and Sue
The Tearible Two
rainman0
Teardrop Master

Postby Claw » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:28 pm

Well I made home about midnight. I stopped now and again and generally took my time. The River is a pretty drive and I must have seen 10,000 motorcycles enjoying the Great River Road on the beautiful Sunday afternoon. The long drive was worth it for me. Thanks Tim for the pull out of my spot! I told a guy at work I had offical Northwoods mud on the side of my truck 8) He just shook his head. They think I'm nuts at work but they listen with great attention when I tell them of the tall, beautiful part French part Ojibwa squaw I met while trappin' beaver in the Minnesota woods. It is all about the adventure and the people you meet! Thanks Toby and Sue for a great place to make a memory. Fire, friends, food make for fun. I'm glad I can add Pine City to a list of great fires, Toby, Sue, Tim, Buzz, Beth and Mike to my list of friends with whom have shared with me great food. :thumbsup:
JIM

Think about It!
Claw
500 Club

Postby TPMcGinty » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:24 pm

rainman0 wrote:Hey, I thought Baron was staying with us? :thinking:

You know how bad he whined while I was gone the short while to Walmart. Just think how bad he would be for a longer time. Besides the contract I signed with the Humane Society requires me to return him to them instead of giving him away or selling him. Sorry. Besides I love him too much. He's easy to get attached to.

On the plus side, I think he would be in great hands if I did let him go home with you. He sure would be spoiled.
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby TPMcGinty » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:27 pm

Claw wrote:Well I made home about midnight. I stopped now and again and generally took my time. The River is a pretty drive and I must have seen 10,000 motorcycles enjoying the Great River Road on the beautiful Sunday afternoon. The long drive was worth it for me. Thanks Tim for the pull out of my spot! I told a guy at work I had offical Northwoods mud on the side of my truck 8) He just shook his head. They think I'm nuts at work but they listen with great attention when I tell them of the tall, beautiful part French part Ojibwa squaw I met while trappin' beaver in the Minnesota woods. It is all about the adventure and the people you meet! Thanks Toby and Sue for a great place to make a memory. Fire, friends, food make for fun. I'm glad I can add Pine City to a list of great fires, Toby, Sue, Tim, Buzz, Beth and Mike to my list of friends with whom have shared with me great food. :thumbsup:

Glad you made it home OK! It was my pleasure meeting you and also extracting you from the mud. As for the squaw, you should have sent her my way! I was the tall good looking single male at the gathering.......OK, would you believe tall and single?
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby rainman0 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:35 pm

Jim,
Glad you had a good time.We did too.
We told Tim he should have come to the trading post. He could have traded his tent for the tour guide. :lol: Tim, I understand why you wouldn't part with Baron. We will just be the grandparents that he visits occasionally.
:thumbsup:
Toby and Sue
The Tearible Two
rainman0
Teardrop Master

Postby TPMcGinty » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:40 pm

rainman0 wrote:Jim,
Glad you had a good time.We did too.
We told Tim he should have come to the trading post. He could have traded his tent for the tour guide. :lol: Tim, I understand why you wouldn't part with Baron. We will just be the grandparents that he visits occasionally.
:thumbsup:

More Grandparents to spoil him! Boy that dog has got it made!
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby TPMcGinty » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:01 am

I didn't hear any discussion about this during our get together but is there any interest in starting a Wisconsin/Minnesota chapter of the Tearjerkers? We could even let Jim join if he wanted too. :) I was thinking about asking two people to share the leadership role. One from Wisconsin (Betsey) and one from Minnesota (Lori). I think they would make great leaders!
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby MrBuzz » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:47 pm

...while trappin' beaver in the Minnesota woods

Here I thought you were eatin' cobbler :shock:

Sorry...my bad... :MLAS
Generic Benroy - built 2007, 4X8, 1175 HF trailer, Structoglass roof and headliner, 12v and 110v electrics with Schumacher charger.
MrBuzz
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to Suggest a Gathering