Minnesota gathering

Anywhere in the country is fine. Where do you want to camp?

Postby Betsey » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:21 pm

TPMcGinty wrote:This is great if I want to miss the crowds but if I want to get together with my normal friends then it is more difficult.

Normal? Some might say teadroppers are anything but normal...I could tell you a few stories...and provide you with pictures (Elmo comes to mind here - Hi Elmo!) :D

....Let me just say, proceed with caution... :roll:

And be sure to attend a gathering...you wont' be disappointed! :thumbsup:

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby TPMcGinty » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:14 pm

I spent 20 years in the Navy. I'm pretty sure there isn't much that can surprise me. But if you want to send or post pictures, I could use some entertainment! :R
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby elmo » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:08 pm

TPMcGinty wrote:I spent 20 years in the Navy. I'm pretty sure there isn't much that can surprise me. But if you want to send or post pictures, I could use some entertainment! :R

This sounds like a challenge!!! :twisted: :R :thinking:

I was in the Marines, but 3 years spent on the Navy taxi's. USS Belleau Wood for a Westpac and USS Denver for the Gulf War.

Belleau Wood is now a reef...

http://www.ussbelleauwood.com/sinking.htm
It's scary when you start making the same noises as your coffee maker.
elmo
Donating Member

Postby Claw » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:41 pm

Tim,
I gotta respect a guy who did 20 in the Navy! I have two brothers retired from the Navy and my son and nephew are currently serving. Of course my son's tatoos make elmo's look like a drunken mistake :lol: or is it my son's that were a drunken mistake :thinking:

Pull rank and make one of the gatherings we need some good sea stories about the fire :thumbsup:

This is me playing sailor aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln on a tiger cruise from Pearl Harbor to San Diego.
JIM

Think about It!
Claw
500 Club

Postby TPMcGinty » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:13 pm

Claw wrote:Tim,
I gotta respect a guy who did 20 in the Navy! I have two brothers retired from the Navy and my son and nephew are currently serving. Of course my son's tatoos make elmo's look like a drunken mistake :lol: or is it my son's that were a drunken mistake :thinking:

Pull rank and make one of the gatherings we need some good sea stories about the fire :thumbsup:

This is me playing sailor aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln on a tiger cruise from Pearl Harbor to San Diego.

Tiger cruises are lots of fun AND lots of work. My brother went on one (it convinced him not to join), my dad went on two, and my ex-father-in-law went on one (of course he wasn't ex at the time).
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby elmo » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:14 pm

Unfortunitely the April 31st won't work for me! :( I will be using the teardrop, but I am part of a dual sport motorcycle group that puts together a Ride for Research for breast cancer and that happens to be the weekend!! I will be hanging out in scenic Wabeno Wisconsin at the fairgrounds!
elmo
Donating Member

Postby TPMcGinty » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:17 pm

elmo wrote:Unfortunitely the April 31st won't work for me! :( I will be using the teardrop, but I am part of a dual sport motorcycle group that puts together a Ride for Research for breast cancer and that happens to be the weekend!! I will be hanging out in scenic Wabeno Wisconsin at the fairgrounds!

Sounds like a good cause. I bet you will be busy but you'll still have fun!
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby Betsey » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:24 pm

elmo wrote:Unfortunately the April 31st won't work for me! :(

Ah, Elmo? April 31st won't work for anyone...there is no April 31st! :lol: And I should know because April 30 is my birthday!

Did you mean the May 31st date for Pine City?

BTW, I see you solved the "mystery." :D

Betsey 8)
Last edited by Betsey on Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby rainman0 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:36 pm

Elmo, If you were talking about the Mn. gathering, that is May 31st. Does that work for you?
Tim, Could you make it after work on Sat? You could come on Sun. even, you aren't that far away. Just a suggestion. Was kinda looking forward to meeting Baron. We lost our lab awhile back. :)
Toby and Sue
The Tearible Two
rainman0
Teardrop Master

Postby elmo » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:59 pm

Betsey wrote:
elmo wrote:Unfortunitely the April 31st won't work for me! :(

Ah, Elmo? April 31st won't work for anyone...there is no April 31st! :lol: And I should know because April 30 is my birthday!

Betsey 8)

Yes I did mean May 31st. :oops:

Ride for Research is a great cause that has really grown since we started it. The town of Wabeno is great to us. The local establishments donate $.10 on the dollar for the money we spend in town. We usually have 150 riders, so this adds up quickly. This year we are even raffling off a new 2007 Suzuki DRZ400. Every cent made goes right to the UW Comprehensive Cancer Center.

It is always a good time...especially at the end of the night when we are all relaxing with a beer and I can put on my comfy clothes!!

This in me and a couple of my riding buddies....I am center front orange shirt with blue chest protector.

Sorry I won't make it, but it is for a great reason and I will be having fun.

FYI...my mom had breast cancer and cancer finally took her from us 4 years ago March 4.
elmo
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:17 pm

Betsey wrote:
elmo wrote:Unfortunitely the April 31st won't work for me! :(

Betsey 8)

8) :lol: Gosh Betsey, I didn't know that. :lips: :angel:

Elmo you are truly one of the best. :thumbsup: and that goes for all you other guys out there helping. Sure wish I could go North in July or Aug. :worship:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Betsey » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:22 pm

Well, Miriam, it's a well kept secret...or was! :lol:

Last year at Cooler Near the Lake, Tom (TLC) surprised me with the best birthday cake I've ever had (and the best any teardropper could ask for!)

It was fun sharing the occasion and celebration with everyone at CNTL.

Thanks again, Tom! :thumbsup:

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby elmo » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:29 pm

Betsey wrote:Well, Miriam, it's a well kept secret...or was! :lol:

Last year at Cooler Near the Lake, Tom (TLC) surprised me with the best birthday cake I've ever had (and the best any teardropper could ask for!)

It was fun sharing the occasion and celebration with everyone at CNTL.

Thanks again, Tom! :thumbsup:

Betsey 8)

But she never shared the cake with anyone...just crawled into the teardrop with it and came out a half hour later and it was gone! :(
elmo
Donating Member

Postby Betsey » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:01 pm

elmo wrote:But she never shared the cake with anyone...just crawled into the teardrop with it and came out a half hour later and it was gone! :(

Correction, it was 45 minutes later...and, well, it was MY cake...and, I must say, it was DEE-li-SHEE-us and finger-lickin' good! (Are you jealous, Elmo????) :twisted:

Besides that, with THIS character on the loose in the campground, you would have crawled in your teardrop and locked your door, too..

Oh, sorry, YOU were the aforementioned character! :shock:

What you didn't realize is that I went in one door and out the other (the advantage to having TWO doors in your teardrop!) and waiting on the other side was everyone else...We had a big party (cake included) while you were running around scaring (or was that scarring?) the squirrels. :lol:

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Betsey » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:05 pm

Oh, and another thing....what's with your avatar? It's switched something like 3 times in the past 10 minutes? What's with that? One of them was so HUGE it took up about 1/3 of my screen...had to scroll over to read any posts...Keep it simple (like me) don't have an avatar! :lol:

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Suggest a Gathering