Minnesota gathering

Anywhere in the country is fine. Where do you want to camp?

Postby Betsey » Thu May 15, 2008 6:39 am

I am sure she is busy preparing for her move. She posted on May 2 that she had 15 days of work left and that she hoped to be in North Dakota by the first week in June.

I would bet she will be back on the forum and ready to camp later on in June.

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby TPMcGinty » Thu May 15, 2008 11:19 am

Betsey wrote:I am sure she is busy preparing for her move. She posted on May 2 that she had 15 days of work left and that she hoped to be in North Dakota by the first week in June.

I would bet she will be back on the forum and ready to camp later on in June.

Betsey 8)

OK. Then unless we get more people interested in joining us at our little gathering, then this is the final potluck list:

Our hosts
Lori
Betsey
Jim
Dianne
Tim
MrBuzz
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby Betsey » Thu May 15, 2008 11:45 am

TPMcGinty wrote:
OK. Then unless we get more people interested in joining us at our little gathering, then this is the final potluck list:

Our hosts
Lori
Betsey
Jim
Dianne
Tim
MrBuzz

You can add Craig's name with mine, as I don't often go camping without him and he always has a good story to share around the campfire...just ask Lori or Jim. :) Oh, and I promise he'll behave! :lol:

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby TPMcGinty » Thu May 15, 2008 12:03 pm

This is the potluck list with Betsey's Craig added:

Our hosts
Lori
Betsey and Craig
Jim
Dianne
Tim and Baron
MrBuzz
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby TPMcGinty » Thu May 15, 2008 12:04 pm

Betsey wrote:
TPMcGinty wrote:

Our hosts
Lori
Betsey
Jim
Dianne
Tim
MrBuzz

You can add Craig's name with mine, as I don't often go camping without him and he always has a good story to share around the campfire...just ask Lori or Jim. :) Oh, and I promise he'll behave! :lol:

Betsey 8)

If he doesn't behave you can do what I do with Baron. Tie him up in the corner! :lol:
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby TPMcGinty » Fri May 16, 2008 9:49 pm

Betsey wrote:
TPMcGinty wrote:Are we going to do the t-shirts? Is it too late to order them in time (Betsey)?

Yes and No...T-shirts are a go and you can still order (although I already had you down for two from an earlier post). I will need to have final numbers by this Wednesday (May 14) AND we will need to have a minimum of 12 in order to do it.

Here is who I have already heard from:

Claw - 2
rainman0 - 2
cs_whypt2 - 1
TPMcGinty - 2
Betsey - 2

We still need more people to order to get it to 12. I have emailed anyone who has said they are going but hasn't emailed me about shirts.

Betsey 8)

Betsey,

So did we get enough people interested in order to make the minimum 12 t-shirts by the 14th of May?
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby Betsey » Sun May 18, 2008 6:15 pm

Sorry for the delay in replying....We just got back from the Wyalusing gathering and a good time was had by all 11 who attended.

Yes, we did make the order minimum of 12 shirts.

Sorry for the short post, but now we've got to get ready for our son's Spring Band concert.

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby MrBuzz » Mon May 19, 2008 8:57 am

Tim;
My name should be on the shirt list...I had emailed Betsey to put me down for one XL t-shirt.
Generic Benroy - built 2007, 4X8, 1175 HF trailer, Structoglass roof and headliner, 12v and 110v electrics with Schumacher charger.
MrBuzz
Teardrop Master

Postby TPMcGinty » Tue May 20, 2008 8:43 pm

More progress on my tear this weekend. More photos in my album. Unfortunately I am 90% sure that I will not be campable by the Pine City gathering. Sorry. :(
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby MrBuzz » Wed May 21, 2008 9:36 am

Atta Boy McGinty!! Looking good...gotta have it ready (campable) for next weekend!
I'm working on mine too....adding a power inverter...deadbolts on the doors...repaint / touch-up a couple areas. I keep thinking about adding cabinets in the rear of the interior....that probably won't happen
I'm trying to make it look good...don't want to look like the "sow's ear" in such an illustrious group of campers!
Generic Benroy - built 2007, 4X8, 1175 HF trailer, Structoglass roof and headliner, 12v and 110v electrics with Schumacher charger.
MrBuzz
Teardrop Master

Postby TPMcGinty » Wed May 21, 2008 12:12 pm

MrBuzz wrote:Atta Boy McGinty!! Looking good...gotta have it ready (campable) for next weekend!
I'm working on mine too....adding a power inverter...deadbolts on the doors...repaint / touch-up a couple areas. I keep thinking about adding cabinets in the rear of the interior....that probably won't happen
I'm trying to make it look good...don't want to look like the "sow's ear" in such an illustrious group of campers!

You have an advantage. Yours is already campable. Mine still has too much to do and too little time to do it in.
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby Claw » Wed May 21, 2008 8:33 pm

Tim,
Take your time and get it right the first time. It is too hard to correct a cut corner after the fact. You will have her done before you knbow it.

Buzz you don't have to worry about lookin' like the sow's ear, I'll take that with my uneven trim and runs in my varnish but mine was built to run down the road and have fun in so I don't mind the chips and and less than perfect finish.

I am looking forward to see a few new to me TDs at Pine City
JIM

Think about It!
Claw
500 Club

Postby TPMcGinty » Wed May 21, 2008 10:22 pm

I am going to take my time. I wanted to get it ready by the 30th but it isn't going to happen. I'm even going to lose out on one day this weekend because I promised a friend I would help her build a chicken coop.
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby rainman0 » Thu May 22, 2008 7:03 am

We are "camping in the tear this week. We are working on a habitat for humanity project in Ramsey Mn., and the gas is too much to drive back and forth every day. So, we pulled out the ole tear and are staying in our daughters driveway!
It was quite the attraction at the job site too.
Tim, what day are you going to miss?
We have to leave for a few hours on Sat. to go to a graduation party in Buffalo. :cry: :( They always make our events, so we really feel the need to be there. Hope you guys can entertain yourselves for awhile. I don't think you will have any trouble.
Sorry we won't have the well in by then, so please bring your water. We will have some in containers. Again, sorry.
See you all next week end! :thumbsup:
Toby and Sue
The Tearible Two
rainman0
Teardrop Master

Postby TPMcGinty » Thu May 22, 2008 7:58 am

rainman0 wrote:We are "camping in the tear this week. We are working on a habitat for humanity project in Ramsey Mn., and the gas is too much to drive back and forth every day. So, we pulled out the ole tear and are staying in our daughters driveway!
It was quite the attraction at the job site too.
Tim, what day are you going to miss?
We have to leave for a few hours on Sat. to go to a graduation party in Buffalo. :cry: :( They always make our events, so we really feel the need to be there. Hope you guys can entertain yourselves for awhile. I don't think you will have any trouble.
Sorry we won't have the well in by then, so please bring your water. We will have some in containers. Again, sorry.
See you all next week end! :thumbsup:

Toby and Sue, I am going to miss out on one teardrop contruction day this weekend but I will be at your place all the days next weekend. Sorry if I confused you.

Please don't feel bad about having to leave for a while during the gathering. I'm sure we will be able to entertain ourselves with no problems. Maybe I can get you to feed my animals on Saturday when you come through Buffalo.
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Suggest a Gathering