Wisconsin's Black River State Forest Camping Trip

Anywhere in the country is fine. Where do you want to camp?

Postby Betsey » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:58 pm

Just got back from the campground & getting sites for us, Jim & Lori...

Jim #8
Lori #10
Betsey & Craig # 32

DIRECTIONS TO CASTLE MOUND CAMPGROUND

Travelling EAST on I-94:
Take Exit #116 (Black River Falls & Hwy 54)
Turn right on Hwy 54
Go PAST Wal-Mart (on left)
Turn left at 1st light AFTER Wal-Mart...This is the junction of Hwy 27 South, Hwy 12 East & Alt 94 East - there is also a brown state forest campground sign here
Go about 1/2 mile
Turn left onto Hwy 12 East & Alt 94 East (another brown state forest sign)
Go about 7/10 mile...park is on right AFTER the brown park entrance sign

Travelling WEST on I-94
Take Exit #128 (Millston)
Turn LEFT & go under the Interstate (Ignore the brown state forest campground sign that says to turn right)
At the stop sign, turn right onto Hwy 12 West
Go about 12 miles
Park is on left

See you there!

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby TPMcGinty » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:48 pm

Have fun folks! Baron and I will see you on Sunday!
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby TPMcGinty » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:49 pm

Just to keep a copy of this on the last page of this posting, here is the list of people camping at the Black River State Forest Castle Mound Campground so far:

Tim and Baron - Site 31 - Sunday 20 July and Monday 21 July
Betsey and Craig - Site 32 - Saturday 19 July (Maybe), Sunday 20 July, and Monday 21 July
Jim - Site 8 - Friday 18 (Maybe) July through Monday 21 July
Buzz - Site TBD? - Sunday 20 July and Monday 21 July
Toby and Sue - Site TBD? - Saturday 19 July (Maybe), Sunday 20 July, and Monday 21 July
Dianne - Site TBD? - Friday 18 July through Sunday 20 July (When she gets kicked out)
Lori - Site 10 - Friday 18 July or Saturday 19 July through ?
Randy - Site TBD? - Friday 18 July (Maybe) through Monday 21 July (Maybe)

Please post when and which camp site when you know, so I can keep this list updated for everyone. Also if you have any updates or changes let me know.

Just a note to anyone on this forum. All are welcome to join us! We always look forward to meeting new (and old) friends!
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby MrBuzz » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:52 am

Hey Everyone...
I'm not going to make it to BRF. I'm in Grand Marais and won't be back until Monday. I got a great opportunity to come here for the weekend....it's a beautiful area!!
Enjoy the gathering in BRF...and I'll look forward to the next one.
MrBuzz
Generic Benroy - built 2007, 4X8, 1175 HF trailer, Structoglass roof and headliner, 12v and 110v electrics with Schumacher charger.
MrBuzz
Teardrop Master

Postby TPMcGinty » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:14 am

MrBuzz wrote:Hey Everyone...
I'm not going to make it to BRF. I'm in Grand Marais and won't be back until Monday. I got a great opportunity to come here for the weekend....it's a beautiful area!!
Enjoy the gathering in BRF...and I'll look forward to the next one.
MrBuzz

See ya next time Buzz.
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby TPMcGinty » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:16 am

Here is the list of people camping at the Black River State Forest Castle Mound Campground so far:

Tim and Baron - Site 31 - Sunday 20 July and Monday 21 July
Betsey and Craig - Site 32 - Saturday 19 July (Maybe), Sunday 20 July, and Monday 21 July
Jim - Site 8 - Friday 18 (Maybe) July through Monday 21 July
Buzz - Not going to make it this time.
Toby and Sue - Site TBD? - Saturday 19 July (Maybe), Sunday 20 July, and Monday 21 July
Dianne - Site TBD? - Friday 18 July through Sunday 20 July (When she gets kicked out)
Lori - Site 10 - Friday 18 July or Saturday 19 July through ?
Randy - Site TBD? - Friday 18 July (Maybe) through Monday 21 July (Maybe)

Please post when and which camp site when you know, so I can keep this list updated for everyone. Also if you have any updates or changes let me know.

Just a note to anyone on this forum. All are welcome to join us! We always look forward to meeting new (and old) friends!
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby Betsey » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:00 pm

Hi All!

I've come home to get Craig and was planning on going back to BRSF, however, the entire area is under a tornado watch from here to Eau Claire and torrential rains. I drove 25 miles and it took me 45 minutes...couldn't see the road and was pushing water the whole way but there was no place to pull off, so had to keep going. We are in a lull right now and the back end of this HUGE storm is supposed to hit pretty hard...not sure when we will head back up there.

Tim, your campsite is empty, so you will be able to get in right away. I would bet with this rain, there will be others leaving early in the morning, if they haven't fled tonight.

See you tomorrow!

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby TPMcGinty » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:38 pm

Betsey wrote:Hi All!

I've come home to get Craig and was planning on going back to BRSF, however, the entire area is under a tornado watch from here to Eau Claire and torrential rains. I drove 25 miles and it took me 45 minutes...couldn't see the road and was pushing water the whole way but there was no place to pull off, so had to keep going. We are in a lull right now and the back end of this HUGE storm is supposed to hit pretty hard...not sure when we will head back up there.

Tim, your campsite is empty, so you will be able to get in right away. I would bet with this rain, there will be others leaving early in the morning, if they haven't fled tonight.

See you tomorrow!

Betsey 8)

Betsey,

Thanks for the information! I am meeting Toby and Sue in Hudson at 10am. We were planning to stay off of I94 and take the scenic route the rest of the way. I will have to see what they want to do. I am open to either a slow scenic trip or a quick trip. I also need to get groceries.

As long as there is a tornado watch in the area of BRSF, I would avoid it at all costs! After all, Jim and Randy are in the area. They don't have a good track record when it comes to tornados. They seem to attract them! :lol:
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

safe

Postby tjx » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:21 pm

Hope this finds all of you who camped at BRF fine and safe at home or on your way home after the big storm (tornado?). More great stories to catch up on around the campfire.

I don't know if it is safe to camp with Jim and Randy.... :thinking: the tornados seem to follow them everywhere.

Seriously, hope all had a great time.

tina n jerry
tjx
Teardrop Master

Postby Bodyman » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:13 pm

Saturday nite was just a light shower :lol: You need to be at Evergreen Hill for the fun storms. :twisted:
Everything was great. Seven teardrops. Most pulled out this morning but we left a couple there.
Betsey may have some stories about driving in the storm. The rest of us stayed reasonably dry but just a little drunk under the easy-up.
Randy
Bodyman
Gold Donating Member

Postby Claw » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:09 pm

We put up a couple of tarps around the e-z up and stayed pretty dry. real tame compared to the twister randy and I had in IA. But overall the weather was great. Lori and I did same kayaking on the beautiful and clear Lake Wazee.
I had a good time and of course ate very well, enjoyed the laughter celebrated Randy's birthday and liked the tour of Tim's trailer. He did a great job. And with all the TP everyone gave him he should have put in a bathroom.
Looking forward to seeing some pics :pictures:
JIM

Think about It!
Claw
500 Club

Postby Bodyman » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:37 am

I'm kinda disappointed!!! :disappointed: With all the posts leading up to this gathering I expected some follow-up.
It is a week later and few posts. No pics. Didn't anyone get home or did others not enjoy themselves or what?
Am I expecting too much to at least want to see a few pictures? :QM
Randy
Bodyman
Gold Donating Member

Postby TPMcGinty » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:42 pm

Bodyman wrote:I'm kinda disappointed!!! :disappointed: With all the posts leading up to this gathering I expected some follow-up.
It is a week later and few posts. No pics. Didn't anyone get home or did others not enjoy themselves or what?
Am I expecting too much to at least want to see a few pictures? :QM
Randy

Sorry Randy. It sure was nice to meet a new friend. I look forward to seeing you again!

Toby, Sue, their Grandkids, and I went to Willow River State Park on Tuesday night after BRSF. We had lots of fun their too! Wish you all could have gone. I have posted a few of my favorite photos in my Album. Since I didn't take any photos, I have to give credit to Lori, Toby, and Sue for their skill at taking pictures.

The one thing I am dissapointed in from BRSF is that I didn't get a chance to take a look at your Tear. I guess I was so wrapped up in mine that I forgot. I am sorry.

Here is my favorite photo from BRSF:

For everyone on this forum. The above photo is a picture of my New Friend Randy celebrating his birthday. He is one of the nicest guys you care to meet but he is also sneaky! During the BRSF gathering he had the job of distracting me while everyone covered my beautiful new Tear in Toilet Paper! Can you believe that! :lol: He will never fool me with an ice cream cone and a can of cherries again! :roll:
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby madjack » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:33 pm

...ice cream cone and a can o' cherries :lol: :drofl: :laughter: ...now that's funny, I don't care who ya are...glad to hear y'all hadda good time and no one got blown/washed away :thumbsup:
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby TPMcGinty » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:35 pm

madjack wrote:...ice cream cone and a can o' cherries :lol: :drofl: :laughter: ...now that's funny, I don't care who ya are...glad to hear y'all hadda good time and no one got blown/washed away :thumbsup:
madjack 8)

Yea we had a blast! As you can see it doesn't take much to fool me! :lol:
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Suggest a Gathering