Wisconsin's Black River State Forest Camping Trip

Anywhere in the country is fine. Where do you want to camp?

Postby cs_whypt2 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:58 pm

Betsey wrote:
Craig thinks it would be funny if a whole bunch of us boondocked at Wally World...circle up the tears and get a DO dinner cooking. :lol:

We might start an international incident... :shock:

Betsey :)

Sounds like that could be the St. Croix annual meet. :thinking:
We just have to find a new Walmart to invade each year.

Dianne
:wine:
cs_whypt2
Donating Member

Postby cs_whypt2 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:00 pm

Claw wrote:Dianne maybe you could bring that old tent and park your TD inside it!

I am kinda liking that idea, except that the darn thing would fall over anyways and then magically attract all the water in the area, so my trailer would then have to double as a boat.

Dianne
cs_whypt2
Donating Member

Postby Claw » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:06 pm

cs_whypt2 wrote:
Betsey wrote:
Craig thinks it would be funny if a whole bunch of us boondocked at Wally World...circle up the tears and get a DO dinner cooking. :lol:

Dianne

Now that would be a fun Chapter to belong to! The Wal-Mart Chapter of Tearjerkers. I wonder what sam Walton would think of that :lol:
JIM

Think about It!
Claw
500 Club

Postby TPMcGinty » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:33 pm

cs_whypt2 wrote:#%@*!!
Mine is not totally painted anymore :cry: :cry: :(

Dianne

And the weather is not that bad here this weekend. (Milwaukee)

You've got time to put a couple coats of paint on it before Friday!
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby TPMcGinty » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:34 pm

Just to keep a copy of this on the last page of this posting, here is the list of people camping at the Black River State Forest Castle Mound Campground so far:

Tim and Baron - Site 31 - Sunday 20 July and Monday 21 July
Betsey and Craig - Site TBD? - Saturday 19 July (Maybe), Sunday 20 July, and Monday 21 July
Jim - Site TBD? - Friday 18 (Maybe) July through Monday 21 July
Buzz - Site TBD? - Sunday 20 July and Monday 21 July
Toby and Sue - Site TBD? - Saturday 19 July (Maybe), Sunday 20 July, and Monday 21 July
Dianne - Site TBD? - Friday 18 July through Sunday 20 July (When she gets kicked out)
Lori - Site TBD? - Friday 18 July or Saturday 19 July through ?
Randy - Site TBD? - Friday 18 July (Maybe) through Monday 21 July (Maybe)

Please post when and which camp site when you know, so I can keep this list updated for everyone. Also if you have any updates or changes let me know.

Just a note to anyone on this forum. All are welcome to join us! We always look forward to meeting new (and old) friends!
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby cs_whypt2 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:35 pm

Claw wrote:
cs_whypt2 wrote:
Betsey wrote:

Dianne

Now that would be a fun Chapter to belong to! The Wal-Mart Chapter of Tearjerkers. I wonder what sam Walton would think of that :lol:

I am really thinking that could be really cool. Just once a year a whole bunch of teardrops pull into one walmart over night and then the next year do it at a differnt Walmart. We could tell the Walmart that we chose that they were 'lucky' or 'privlidged' or something like that so they feel less invaded.
And since this is our first year, Betsey and Lori have to pick out a spot so they can say that it is their Chapter's tradition. "We have done it every year!"

Dianne
cs_whypt2
Donating Member

Postby cs_whypt2 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:37 pm

TPMcGinty wrote:
cs_whypt2 wrote:#%@*!!
Mine is not totally painted anymore :cry: :cry: :(

Dianne

And the weather is not that bad here this weekend. (Milwaukee)

You've got time to put a couple coats of paint on it before Friday!

Yeah....you will see why it is a little more complicated then that...
I will add to it tomorrow, but right after I am done with work on Friday I am hitting the road, so no painting on Friday.

Dianne
cs_whypt2
Donating Member

Postby Betsey » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:44 pm

Man...I leave you guys unsupervised for a couple of hours and now you have us turned into the "Wally World Chapter of Tearjerkers," Jim's calling the rain gods down on us for the weekend, Tim's playing the lottery, we are (apparently) having a baby shower, ya got poor Diane reliving the tent nightmare, Lori and I are telling people where to go, and Tim getting on Diane's case about finishing her teardrop (hmmm....isn't there something about people who live in glass teardrops?????.....).... :?

Yeah, we are gonna have fun this weekend... :twisted:

Betsey 8)

PS...Just keeping the record straight...the St. Croix Chapter is not Lori's and mine...it belongs to the members, all of them, good, bad, short, tall, funny, dull & boring, talented, clumsy, with a tear (finished or not) or without...every single one.... :)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby TPMcGinty » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:52 pm

Yea but you and Lori are our Fearless Leaders! Where are you leading us this weekend. So far it seems we are camping at two different BRSF campgrounds, at your place (Camp Inn), and Wally World somewhere. Even I'm getting confused! :?
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby Betsey » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:21 am

TPMcGinty wrote:Yea but you and Lori are our Fearless Leaders! Where are you leading us this weekend. So far it seems we are camping at two different BRSF campgrounds, at your place (Camp Inn), and Wally World somewhere. Even I'm getting confused! :?

Actually, it just seems like we are camping at many different places...I will be getting us a site at Castle Mound on Friday morning. There are still 9 left. If they end up getting in really late, Lori & Jim may boondock at Wally World in Black River Falls, just off the Interstate and only a couple of miles from Castle Mound. And Dianne already has a reservation at Castle Mound for Friday night, right next to you, Tim.

See? It's not as confusing as it may seem.... :? At least not to Lori, Dianne and me...maybe it's a girl thing... :thinking:

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby TPMcGinty » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:57 am

Betsey wrote:
TPMcGinty wrote:Yea but you and Lori are our Fearless Leaders! Where are you leading us this weekend. So far it seems we are camping at two different BRSF campgrounds, at your place (Camp Inn), and Wally World somewhere. Even I'm getting confused! :?

Actually, it just seems like we are camping at many different places...I will be getting us a site at Castle Mound on Friday morning. There are still 9 left. If they end up getting in really late, Lori & Jim may boondock at Wally World in Black River Falls, just off the Interstate and only a couple of miles from Castle Mound. And Dianne already has a reservation at Castle Mound for Friday night, right next to you, Tim.

See? It's not as confusing as it may seem.... :? At least not to Lori, Dianne and me...maybe it's a girl thing... :thinking:

Betsey 8)

Maybe that's why we have ladies as our Fearless Leaders. You have to give me a break. I was an Engineer for 20 years in the Navy.
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby Bodyman » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:20 am

At about 9:45 this morning I got a new Grandson :applause: 7lbs 14oz 21" long A big boy for a little girl.
Both mother and child are doing great. I'm going to jump in the shower now and then head for Cedar Rapids
Depending on how everyone feels and how long I visit I may just be able to come home and hook onto the tear and head north.
Now I have a new birth and a birthday to celebrate. :P :twisted:

Randy
Bodyman
Gold Donating Member

Postby Betsey » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:01 pm

Bodyman wrote:At about 9:45 this morning I got a new Grandson :applause: 7lbs 14oz 21" long A big boy for a little girl.
Both mother and child are doing great. I'm going to jump in the shower now and then head for Cedar Rapids
Depending on how everyone feels and how long I visit I may just be able to come home and hook onto the tear and head north.

Randy

Woo Hoo! :banana:

Congrats Randy! Good to hear everything went well...now get on over there and get some pics of that new grandson!

Our best to your family! We will toast your family's newest blessing this weekend! :P

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby TPMcGinty » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:21 pm

Bodyman wrote:At about 9:45 this morning I got a new Grandson :applause: 7lbs 14oz 21" long A big boy for a little girl.

Randy

Wow! That's awesome! Congrats!
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby rainman0 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

What is this talk of a St. Croix chapter? Is it a secret that we weren't supposed to know about? :cry: I don't recall seeing anything about it.
Congrats again Randy. :thumbsup:
Glad you are going to make it Dianne :applause:
Tim, I hope you talked to the weather people for this Sun.-Mon. They listened when we asked for the ING 1.0 :lol:
Oh well, it is always nice in a teardrop.
Toby and Sue
The Tearible Two
rainman0
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to Suggest a Gathering