Mexico in Feb09

Anywhere in the country is fine. Where do you want to camp?

Postby NWsage » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:17 pm

Is this Mazatlan trip still a possibility? Hubby and I, or just me, are looking at joining you all. If it's still on, do you know the actual dates yet? Any additional itenary info? Thanks for whatever more you can let us know. Suanne
NWsage
Donating Member

Postby Gaston » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:25 pm

Hi Suanne
Great to hear from you.
YES the trip to Mexico is on, at least I am planning to go. Anyone wishing to join is sure welcome.
So far the start date is kinda loose as I have personal matters to deal with in mid December that will determine the actual start date in January.
I am planning to cross the border from Nogales AZ. about the the 12th of Jan. and leaving home here in Gaston about 3 days before that.
Hope to make it to Kino Bay the first day after the border, and stay there a couple of days, then move on to San Carlos. spend 2 or 3 days in San Carlos, then on down to an area 50 or so miles north of Matazlan. from there who knows maybe matazlan proper The time spent at each place is flexible and to be determined by the group as to when to move on.
Anyone who comes along is free to stay behind if the fall in love with some place or to move ahead if they want to get going before the group.
I haven't gotten much input from people who may join, so I kinda planned what I thought would make a first trip work. As I said I'm open to ideas and would love your company and input. :thumbsup:
The difficult we do now... the impossible takes a little longer
Gaston
Donating Member

Postby Gaston » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:52 pm

OK boys and girls its a go!
If any of you would like to join me ,I'll be leaving the Walmart in Nogales AZ. around 9AM on Jan. 12th.

1st stop will be Kino Bay either the Islandia RV park or the Kino Bay Rvpark if there is no room at Islandia.

After that we will leave Kino Bay around the 14 or 15th for San Carlos and the Totonaka RV park.,once again depending on space. (the Hacienda Teeakawi RV park is next door).Again time spent there will depend on sightseeing and travel desires of others.

short trip to Huatabampito to the El Mirador RV Park. Next door to what I'm told is the best seafood restaurant in Mexico. same as with the other locations time spent will depend on the "boss".

Next stop will be at Celestino at one of the 3 RV Parks on the Beach there. Would like the Celestino RV Park but will take what we can get.

If we can find room in Matazlan we may stop there for a couple of days
this is the last planned stop at this time.

We are going to ask around the experienced snow birds in the places we stop for recommendations so possibly may keep going south and exploring until time to turn around and come home, return to a prior stop, or just lazy around on the beach and enjoy the sun

This is a "flexible" program as there are no reservations made so we are subject to space available.

Would love to have company on this trip so if you can make all or part of it please PM me so we can join up :thumbsup:
Gaston
Donating Member

Postby Gaston » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:03 pm

Leaving Gaston Jan. 9th
meeting 1 couple at the Sands RV park in Desert hot springs on Jan 11th
(they are traveling in a small motorhome)
crossing the border at Nogales AZ. on the 12th
arriving same day at Kino Bay Mexico.

Last chance to join us on our Mexican adventure
e-mail me if you want to come, still time to plan and meet us in Nogales Az.
[email protected] :thumbsup:
Gaston
Donating Member

Postby traveler » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:59 pm

Maybe I am not seeing what I am hoping to see, but has anyone seen or heard from the Mexico travelers??? They were, so I heard and read, supposed to be gone for five weeks, and haven't heard anything of their trip.
Thanks
Bruce :)
Why do anything unless it is fun with your teardrop
traveler
The 300 Club

Postby Steve_Cox » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:36 pm

traveler wrote:Maybe I am not seeing what I am hoping to see, but has anyone seen or heard from the Mexico travelers??? They were, so I heard and read, supposed to be gone for five weeks, and haven't heard anything of their trip.
Thanks

Look here 8)

http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=471762&highlight=#471762
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby traveler » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:19 pm

Hey Steve, I wasn't looking in the right place and after I posted this one, went to a page that I forgot all about and found what you have here. :DOH2: Glad to see that they are home and was relieved to hear that they are home safe. :thumbsup: I am somewhat like a father looking after his kids, but when you don't hear from someone for a while, I become concerned. :thinking: Oh well, John and Linda are grown ups and they can take care of themselves. :thumbsup:
Thanks for the reply
Why do anything unless it is fun with your teardrop
traveler
The 300 Club

Previous

Return to Suggest a Gathering