Pisgah National Forest, NC

Anywhere in the country is fine. Where do you want to camp?

Pisgah National Forest, NC

Postby Clancy Courtney » Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:38 pm

One of my favorite camping areas is Pisgah National Forest, Davidson river District near Brevard, NC. If any others would like to start a gathering possibly in the fall I'll gather some info. It would be great to see some teardrops.
Clancy
Clancy Courtney
Donating Member

Postby Ross Wade » Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:33 pm

Brevard is a beautiful area. My mother lives around Asheville, NC . She lives at one end of the NC mountains and I live at the other end. Count me in. The fall is always a great time of the year.

Ross
Ross
Southern Appalachian Tearjerker Chapter Director
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Re: Pisgah National Forest, NC

Postby mikeschn » Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:52 pm

That sounds interesting. It's too early for me to tell if I can make another trip to the carolinas, but I'll keep it in mind. I'd like to consider it when the Michigan camping season starts dying down.

Mike...

Clancy Courtney wrote:One of my favorite camping areas is Pisgah National Forest, Davidson river District near Brevard, NC. If any others would like to start a gathering possibly in the fall I'll gather some info. It would be great to see some teardrops.
Clancy
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Possible Pisgah date

Postby Clancy Courtney » Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:51 am

Ross, I got back from Pisgah yesterday adn the Davidson River Campgroud has 2 areas Appletree and Hemlock loops that take reservations. I am thinking October 8,9,10. There is availability that weekend. Of course there are other areas in the campground that don't take reservations,my favorites are Laurel and White Oak loops ,first come-first serve. Let me know if you could make it and I'll post it.
Clancy
Clancy Courtney
Donating Member

Postby Ross Wade » Mon Apr 19, 2004 9:48 pm

Clancy,

October is a great time for camping. We are hoping to attend the Tearjerkers' Bulls Island '04 gathering that very same weekend Oct. 8,9,10th. Could the weekend be switched to another weekend? Before or after? We are trying to make as many trips as we can this year. Since the SOUTH HAS RISEN, there are trips popping up all over.

We really wanted to go to Edisto when Mike was going to be there but we will be up north at the Tearjerkers Mystic gathering that same weekend.

Let me know if this will work for you.

Ross
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Oct 22,23,24

Postby Clancy Courtney » Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:58 am

Ross, The weekend of Oct. 22,23,24 would work better for me.
It will probably a little cooler but should still be pretty scenery.
Clancy
Clancy Courtney
Donating Member

Postby Ross Wade » Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:49 am

Sounds good Clancy. I just now penciled the date in. Thanks for flipping the dates around for me.

Ross
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

October 22,23 & 24, 2004

Postby Clancy Courtney » Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:07 am

Ross, I have made a reservation for site 47 in Apple Tree loop for Oct. 22,23,24. I also posted under southeast gatherings some other info. Since you are in NC maybe you may have something to add.
Clancy
Clancy Courtney
Donating Member

Postby Steve Frederick » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:44 pm

Can YANKEES play too? :wink: I've always liked the look of the area. Only seen it passing through. Might like to venture south for a weekend. How far south?? I'm in New York, 60 miles east of I81.
Steve
Blessings, Steve
Adirondacks, Upstate New York
Building Journals
The Shop Manual's 8-years old!! Thank's everyone!
New! 'Rondack Lodge Plans!Order Here!
Steve Frederick
Custom Teardrop Builder

Location: Upstate New York, Adirondacks (Great Sacandaga Lake)

Postby Ross Wade » Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:19 pm

Steve,

Davidson River is near Brevard, NC which is outside of Asheville, NC. It would be a long drive down but would love to have you down this way. Carla and I will be attending the Mystic gathering July 16-18, maybe I'll see you there.That will be a 12 hour trip for us.

Ross
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby Chip » Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:39 pm

Ok folks, since everyone is looking at Mystic pictures and wishing it wasnt over or wishing they were there let me put a reminder up for consideration,,,several of us are getting together in October at Davidson River in Pisga National Forrest,, North Carolina,,the dates areOct 22,23,24,,so far we got 4 tears and a tent family coming,,we would love to have any and all come by for a day or two,,,Fall in the smokies is beautiful,,hopefully the leaves will not be gone by then but still be in color,,
ya'll give it some thought,,,I have never organized an event so dont expect anything I just would like to see a bunch of folks get together,,,I really hate I missed Mystic this year,,,the pictures are great ,,to all that went and shared them,,thank you

hoping to see a few more interested ,,let us know,,heck we will try to show ya some southern hospitality if ya above the Mason Dixon

chip
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby MooseFamily » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:20 pm

Hey, did you guys have a good time in 2004?

Does anyone want to give the "Pisgah National Forest, Davidson river District near Brevard, NC." a try THIS OCTOBER 2008?

Perhaps all the Teardroppers in the NC area can get together, say around October 3-5th or October 10-12th of 2008?

The autumn leaves should be falling bigtime around then...
Great photo ops galore!

Are You guys game?
MooseFamily
Teardrop Advisor

Postby tinytrailer » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:28 pm

We also went there in October of 2007 and had a great time. Nice campgrounds.
tinytrailer
Teardrop Master

Postby Bob Dodgens » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:05 am

Only thing I seem to remember about Davidson River is no electricity. :( The eletric blanket didn't work. Course after getting married :R , didn't need it. Oh I do remember getting Lynn fired up :lol: with a few Blonde jokes. See yall at the South/North at Max Meadows :twisted: , next month.
The Streaks, Relaxing Naturally
Bob Dodgens
Donating Member

Postby Jiminsav » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:43 pm

Moosefamily, thats the activity that was moved by Ross to september.

we went there for 4 years the first week of october, but I guess folks wanted something different so the fall crawl was moved to the late summer swim.
sorry dude.
Jim in Savannah
If you can read this bumper sticker, my camper fell off.
Jiminsav
3000 Club
3000 Club

Next

Return to Suggest a Gathering