Walt Disney World in December?

Anywhere in the country is fine. Where do you want to camp?

Walt Disney World in December?

Postby dmckruit » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:58 pm

I am thinking about a trip to Disney World the second or third week of December (week of Dec 6, or Dec 13). Anyone interested in forming a gathering? :thinking:
dmckruit
The 300 Club

Postby agpage » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:56 pm

I have been a number of times in early December. It is one of my favorite times to go.

The only thing to keep an eye on is that Pop-Warner holds their cheer leading competition that time of year. It can make the hotels loud, and since they travel in packs they can overload facilities. (40 teenagers needing their backpacks checked for example)

I'll have to keep an eye on this (And of course build a trailer before then :roll: )

Andy
agpage
Donating Member

Postby dmckruit » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:48 pm

Thats the beauty of a teardrop (no hotels), and also (no flying). Of course my teardrop also needs to be completed by then. I am hoping by May. :twisted:
dmckruit
The 300 Club

Postby TerryLawson » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:50 pm

I wont be able to do it this year. (just starting my tear this winter)

But this is one of the reasons that I want to build one. We have been to Disney 2 times December 08 and Jan 09. Stayed at Animal Kigdom Lodge on the first time and Pop Century the second. We just love it!!! I have found that when we fly in and out we lose almost 2 days of fun that we pay good money for!! I figure that if we have a tear we can come down and stay just a few hours outside of the park, and come in early that first day. And the dame on the last day we can pack up and enjoy the park till the last minute and then leave and start to head home and stay outside the park.
These are just some of the thing I have been looking into to allow us to go back again and again.

So back to the thread topic, I would love a gathering at Disney but just can't make it this year! But look for me in the next and the next and next!!! :twisted:

Terry
“The hard stuff we do right away, the impossible stuff takes a little longer!”
TerryLawson
Teardrop Master

Re: Walt Disney World in December?

Postby BobR » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:20 am

dmckruit wrote:I am thinking about a trip to Disney World the second or third week of December (week of Dec 6, or Dec 13). Anyone interested in forming a gathering? :thinking:

Make your reservation early, request the 2000 Loop (Spanish Moss) water and electric only for the best price. If you want a golf cart make that reservation at the same time. If you want to eat in ANY of the sit down restuarants, be prepared to make priority seating arrangements when you book. Since Disney started giving away free meal plans with hotel bookings, the restaurants are usually full . Booking can be done 120 days in advance.Fort Wilderness will be busy that time of year. I just returned from a weeks stay there. If you have any questions about the campground, feel free to ask
Bob Richert
Parrish, FL
"Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars"
BobR
Donating Member

Postby dmckruit » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:26 am

Thanks for the info. I have been to Disney many times but never there camping.

I don't think I will make it there this year due to lack of vacation time and $$$. Hopefully it may be in the cards next year.
dmckruit
The 300 Club

Return to Suggest a Gathering