Home Built Designs and Original TD Gathering

Anywhere in the country is fine. Where do you want to camp?

Re: Home Built Designs and Original TD Gathering

Postby Vedette » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:32 pm

We will come if it is the week after Shasta......as we will already be in California, and would love to just keep heading south.
Would love to see more of that area! :thumbsup:
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby aflaude » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:38 pm

I just noticed your post. I built my tear and live near Seattle. Keep posting as your plans develop and I'll try to make it.
aflaude
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Esteban » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:01 pm

:thumbsup: This sounds like fun. I'll surely want to come. Would love to camp :vroom: near Santa Cruz or Felton. You might want to post the proposed gathering to Tearjerkers.net too for greater exposure.

To add to Sharon's helpful list of possible campgrounds for a teardrop gathering californiasbestcamping.com has maps, photos and very helpful information about Santa Cruz Mountains Campgrounds and Santa Cruz - Monterey Area Campgrounds. There are many highly rated campgrounds in the area to choose from!

Many campgrounds have a reservation window that begins seven months ahead. It might be good to choose a location and date prior to November 1, 2016 for a May 2017 Santa Cruz, CA area gathering.

:thumbsup: Lydia the coordinator of the Jefferson State Tearjerkers has already set the date for the 2017 Shasta Lake Gathering to happen from Thursday April 27 through Sunday April 30, 2017. This is a popular gathering with high attendance.
Thank you to everyone who made the First Annual Shasta Lake Gathering a success! I cannot express how much I love our group! I believe we had 79 trailers by the end of it all!

Mark your calendars - SLG 2017 April 27-30!

:thinking: Could the Santa Cruz area gathering be scheduled for the following week? Possibly for Thursday May 4 through Sunday May 7, 2017? That would give people several days to travel from Shasta Lake to the Santa Cruz Mountains.

I plan to go to Shasta Lake. It would be a lot of fun to do both in one longer trip. Maybe with a Crawl in between!?
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby Esteban » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:19 am

It's been quiet here for awhile. Is there any behind the scenes progress happening to organize a Santa Cruz Gathering? Like where and when. Hope so. :)
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby Alwaysaviking » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:15 am

My wife and I are eagerly awaiting updates as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alwaysaviking
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Vedette » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:21 am

Hi Steve
Yes, Robert seems to have dropped off of the map??? :cry:
Maybe we will see him at Shasta again this year?? :thinking:
And Yes, Sandi and I would be interested if it were the week after Shasta Lake Gathering (which is April 27 -30th this year) as we could continue on down before turning North again.
We love to link things together in our travels! :thinking:
That is why the Fall Crawl is so much fun for us! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Have you heard from Barbara at all this past year?
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby Esteban » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:47 pm

Hi Brian,

A private campground near Santa Cruz Robert wanted to use was uncooperative. I suggested he scout out alternative locations. I applaud Robert's interest to plan a gathering. Few people are ready, willing and able to do it. Some friendly supporters can really help.

Barbara and I talked after you put us in touch about organizing future Tearjerkers gatherings together. We had a good talk. We probably live too far apart to easily plan and co-host a gathering together. Unfortunately the NORCAL and SOCAL California Tearjerkers chapters seem to be withering on the vine. My hat is off to Lydia the Jefferson State Tearjerkers chapter coordinator for resurrecting the Shasta Gathering.

I pm'd you my phone number. Maybe we can share ideas that would get some California gatherings up and running.

Choosing good nearby gathering locations is a challenge. I'll meet the owners of a nearby organic farm this Spring to talk about doing a small (ten or less trailers) gathering there next Fall. It's in a maybe stage.
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby irgod32 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:13 pm

I've been trying to get a specific camp site but I get no response. Let's just plan a date and hope for the best. First Annual Home built tiny trailers will be at Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park, we can plan the details later. Give me some date ideas or September 21-23 unless someone has a better time/date. If anyone has ideas on how to spread this please post the date. Let's do this, spread the word, Keep us posted!
Tiny Trailer Builders of America
Build it and they will come
irgod32
Teardrop Master

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:34 pm

September 21-23 sounds good, if they have sites available there then. :thumbsup:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby irgod32 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:59 pm

S. Heisley wrote:September 21-23 sounds good, if they have sites available there then. :thumbsup:

Let's start reserving our spots then! Suggestions on what to do? Pot luck Saturday? I'd really like to make this all about home designs, even if they are the standard TD shape. Anyone and everyone with a tiny trailer is welcome.
irgod32
Teardrop Master

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:42 pm

The hosts usually reserve their site and let everybody know where that is (site # or area of the park to head for) and then everybody tries to get a site near to that; but, of course, that's up to you. Pot Lucks are always good.

Information: http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=546

Reservations: http://www.reserveamerica.com/camping/h ... 20041#sr_a

As of tonight, there are 53 sites available for that time frame. :thumbsup:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby irgod32 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:10 pm

S. Heisley wrote:The hosts usually reserve their site and let everybody know where that is (site # or area of the park to head for) and then everybody tries to get a site near to that; but, of course, that's up to you. Pot Lucks are always good.

Information: http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=546

Reservations: http://www.reserveamerica.com/camping/h ... 20041#sr_a

As of tonight, there are 53 sites available for that time frame. :thumbsup:

Just to let everyone know, I'll be in space 50. Although I should have picked space 95 closer to all the more open spaces. Maybe I still change it. :worship:
irgod32
Teardrop Master

Postby Esteban » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:40 pm

irgod32 wrote:
S. Heisley wrote:September 21-23 sounds good, if they have sites available there then. :thumbsup:

Let's start reserving our spots then! Suggestions on what to do? Pot luck Saturday? I'd really like to make this all about home designs, even if they are the standard TD shape. Anyone and everyone with a tiny trailer is welcome.

Robert, it would be a good to post information in the South West forum about your Sept. 21-23, 2017 Home Built Tiny Trailers Gathering at Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park to help more people learn about it so they can make plans/reservations to come - while reservations are still available. Today (3/9/17) Reserve America has 47 available camping spots for Sept. 21-23, 2017.

:thumbsup: Thanks for choosing a gathering location and dates.
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby Esteban » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:09 pm

Robert, I sent you a PM with some ideas for posting the Henry Cowell SP Gathering in the South West section to kick start publicity (location, dates, how to make reservations, cost, etc.) for the gathering while reservations are still available which will undoubtedly sell out well before Sept. 2007.

As of today this discussion has almost 5000 views which indicates a high level on interest for your Santa Cruz, CA area gathering. Starting a new discussion thread in South West camping and gathering discussion area will better focus people's attention on your upcoming gathering now that you've chosen a location and the dates.
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby irgod32 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:02 pm

See below for updates 8)

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=68093
irgod32
Teardrop Master

Previous