Lake Murray, OK - Cedar Cove Campground 4/23/2021

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Re: Lake Murray, OK - Cedar Cove Campground 4/23 - 4/25 202

Postby 2bits » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:59 pm

My plan is to camp in the teardrop since Tom and Linda will be there. They can see all the changes I have done to it like spray paint it all camo and lift it and put all terrain tires on it!! :shock: :tipsy: :no:

-but seriously I will be bringing the Beatle!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Re: Lake Murray, OK - Cedar Cove Campground 4/23/2021

Postby starleen2 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:52 am

Looks all the sites are taken!
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Postby 2bits » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:56 am

starleen2 wrote:Looks all the sites are taken!

Gotta check the site more often!!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby DJ Davis » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:13 am

OK, folks...unless you're a procrastinator like me (but I intend to do something about that next week!), it's time to start the logistical planning for the 4/23 meet. I'm ready to dust off my "pre-flight checklist" and begin getting things ready for the trip.

I presume Sat night of the gathering will be a potluck. I think we nailed it with the 10+ attendees at the Dec '20 Lake Floyd gathering with a balance of mains and sides. I guess that's why it's called a "potluck"...? Since we have around 25+/- for the LM-CC shindig, may I suggest we start a sign up sheet for dishes? If so, I'll kick things off by announcing we'll be bringing some Korean Chap Chae - it's a sweet potato noodle dish with meat and vegetables. As for the meat, it can be made with chicken or pork. If there are any in the group with an aversion to pork, we can make it with chicken. Or those offended by the porcine species can merely pick out the meat and give it to their partner/dog/etc. What say y'all?

Fishing FYI - TX State Parks have a rule that if fishing from shore or on the park piers within the park boundary, one does not have to have a fishing license. Just found out that OK does NOT have the same rule! I guess some might already know this, but thought I toss it out there to prevent any "unpleasantries" at the park.

DJ

"They say, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." I've noted that at times what doesn't kill you will just wait patiently for another opportunity...."
DJ

They say "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." I've noted that if it doesn't kill you, it waits patiently for another opportunity.
DJ Davis
Teardrop Master

Postby M C Toyer » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:34 pm

I reserved and paid for a site (I think it is # 2 but will have to check) a couple of months ago but now am not going to be able to attend. It was the last one available then but I have not checked the current status.

Before I cancel am offering to transfer if that is possible under the OK reservation system.

Let me know by direct e-mail if anyone needs a site [email protected]
M C Toyer
The 300 Club

Postby 2bits » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:59 pm

M C Toyer wrote:I reserved and paid for a site (I think it is # 2 but will have to check) a couple of months ago but now am not going to be able to attend. It was the last one available then but I have not checked the current status.

Before I cancel am offering to transfer if that is possible under the OK reservation system.

Let me know by direct e-mail if anyone needs a site [email protected]

Hey thank you for the heads up!! I may know of someone interested. I will let you know asap. Sorry you can't make it though, do you still camp in the cabin??
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby M C Toyer » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:33 pm

Thanks Thomas

Cancellation deadline April 10 just popped up on my calendar.
Space 2, April 21 - April 25, 4 days. Paid $136 with senior discount

Still have the cabin but have primarily been using a 4 x 8 I set up to transport my dual sport and also serve as a camper. Lots of life changes. Sold the bike, bought a van and am converting for an extended trip around the US. I'm cleaning up the 4 x 8 to sell right now. Van is about halfway ready for the road, so am basically without a rolling abode for the late April campout.

4 x 8 x 4 trailer has a self locking chock to hold the dual sport (Yamaha TW200) squeezed between a pair of storage boxes forward and a swing out chuck box at right rear. Additional gear can then be loaded on either side of the bike. When offloaded a sleeping platform rests on rails above the boxes and the chuck box can be accessed from inside or out.

Trailer pics:
https://tinyurl.com/3eejb3y3
M C Toyer
The 300 Club

Postby FlyerSkip » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:49 pm

Well we are still on track for the camp. The trailer will be done in time. Pretty much a box with a door and windows. Gotta start somewhere. Time hasn't been kind so this is a weekend build. But hey it will work for this. One can always improve later. The important thing is to get out there. The other idea is to use it a bit then decide what changes to make. To many ideas bouncing around in an empty head to pick.
Since this is my first trip out with the group is there anything I might like to know? Do y'all do a pot luck or anything like that? Enquiring minds want to know. I'll be there on Thursday. 8)
A one legged duck swims in a circle.
FlyerSkip
Teardrop Advisor

Postby 2bits » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:45 pm

Oh yeah I know that drill! My first few trips in any camper I built it was only partially done. I camped in my teardrop for 6 mo before I put fenders on it! I am sure with all the visitors we will have plenty of ideas to bounce off you, so hopefully it will be productive AND fun! There will be a "Party site" which is where we will have games going on Friday and yes a pot luck Saturday around 6pm the party site is determined on the fly when everyone gets there depending on the place that seems the best for it. We always gather together around the fire in the evening too. Otherwise it is just easygoing camping. :twisted: :beer: :pictures:

PS: I am also planning to arrive Thursday but kicking around the idea of arriving late Wednesday after work so I can get in three full days :thinking:
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby 2bits » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:46 am

Waterfront site 13 just opened up a few min ago for Lake Murray, Jean had to cancel :( Please let your friends know and someone in our group snag it!!!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby working on it » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:39 pm

* Has anyone received text messages from https://premiumparking.com concerning "premium parking" at a P401 spot or similar. I've received two messages, an it's sorta weird that I've had the site reserved for almost a year, and now someone wants vehicle info the day before arrival. Is it a scam? Facebook blocked me twice trying to post this question (I think FB supports scammers...). I'm not about to send info to a third party site for no reason.
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby 2bits » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:41 pm

Hey yeah this is a stupid new system the Oklahoma state park system is doing since they started charging for entry into the parks so it is actually related to them and it's OK to enter your information and they won't ask you for any money just to describe your vehicle. The entry fee is included with your camping for you just like with Texas state parks, they could've got a much better job but they decided to outsource it to some secondary company which creates headache and confusion but yeah, you're good!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby working on it » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:53 pm

* Thanks, Thomas. I just researched the new system (instituted after my reservation was made in May 2020). What made me suspicious was there's no reference to my reserved site number. I get scammers every week, ever since I retired. Can't be too careful these days....
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby 2bits » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:22 pm

Oh it definitely threw me for a loop too when it first came out for those same reasons!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby capnTelescope » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:46 am

I thought the texts were genuine but worded weirdly. "your parking ... expires at 6AM." I wasn't parking, I was *camping*. It was all about camping, not parking. Or were they verbing a noun, as in going to the park is "parking" ? :? Did they mean the campsite gotta be cleared out by 6AM? No way! Ain't happ'n.
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

Brad
ImageImageImage

Building the Bed & Breakfast
capnTelescope
Lifetime member

PreviousNext

Return to South Central