Update!!! Beaver's Bend State Park... Date change

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Postby asianflava » Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:40 pm

Sorry I won't be able to meet you guys up there. I work that weekend, I have to save my vacation time because we are trying to do the redwoods trip. It's quite a bit of a drive for a weekend, around 400mi.

Hopefully, I will see some of you at Cedar Hill. Is that one still happening?
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:00 pm

Rocky, I think Cedar Hill is happening but we won't be there. Sorry you buys can't make it.
Don't know about everyone else but I'm about ready to get Inks Lake in the plans.
Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby davel » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:33 pm

Yes, Cedar Hill is still on I think it's coming together on another thread.

Linda, I think we need to start planning Inks Lake too!
davel
Donating Member

beavers bend

Postby oklahomajewel » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:57 pm

So... I'm still planning... come tear or no tear...

who will get there first? hmmm I think I'll be taking off around 11 or noon that day and it's about a 2.5 hr drive. But if I don't have a tear, then I'll just try to "squat" and save for y'all... haha

So I wonder who will get there first? and I'm not much of a camp cook, unless someone else can help me with the fire, etc.

julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:39 pm

Charles is off on Fridays and I'll take off the 31st. We will leave early and should be there by check in time (3:00) if not sooner.
Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby Chris C » Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:19 am

Fran and I plan on going down on Thursday. She has a friend who lives there in Hugo and we might go into town and have dinner with them.
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Postby SteveH » Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:18 pm

Just wondering here, if we decide to come too late to get a site, how are the tent sites equipped? Anyone know? All we really need is water, so if they have water, a tent site will work for us.
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:20 pm

Steve,
I can call next week and ask but it looks like water is in the area. See what you think.
http://www.beaversbend.com/Info.htm

Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby ARKPAT » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:37 am

I will normally be off on fridays :-))). I will try to get there around noon or there after on friday ( 3 P.M. check-in time ??? ). If there are no problems that I forgot something important. I will not have the Tear Drop started ???; but will use the trailer to camp on ( tent or tarp ??? ). I will take a few extra chairs and a fold up table. I have a Stove ( coleman single burner gas stove ) and some rechargable lanterns. I do as I usually do bring to much of what I don't need and leave home what I need ( Law according to Murphy ). I hope everyone safe travel and nice weather getting there. The only thing is I will have to be at work Sunday night at 11P.M.; but only 140 miles away. I can leave the trailer on the truck an drive straight to work go-in and work 6 hours the go home. If I had the trailer complete I would just find a quiet place in lot ( Truck drivers personal car lot at work ) an sleep there during the day. Then I could get up about 5 P.M. get ready for work at 6 P.M. and I'm there and do my 12 hours.
Life is to short always eat dessert first.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Pat

Postby oklahomajewel » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:21 pm

Pat, if you have the floor, sides and spars up.. then throw a tarp over it and called it your Canvas Palace for now! haha ...

I don't know what I'll be doing , but planning on it anyway!

julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby ARKPAT » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:17 pm

Good Idea. There was a story many years ago about a coton canvas tent we aquired one weekend in late fall. 19" of snow and the long truge over the hill to my cousins house on the 40 acres on a bluff. It became know as the Rag Mansion on the bluffs. It's still here after 37 years. :-))) The family still laugh about that when mentions of camping.
Life is to short always eat dessert first.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby T-TownTear » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:38 pm

Well BUMMER!

After several minor emergencies with some house projects, I finally can get back to the teardrop. I probably won't be able to make it to the gathering with a tear, but I may try to drive out and see everybody.

Jody
T-TownTear
Teardrop Advisor

Postby madjack » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:11 pm

T-TownTear wrote:Well BUMMER!

After several minor emergencies with some house projects, I finally can get back to the teardrop. I probably won't be able to make it to the gathering with a tear, but I may try to drive out and see everybody.

Jody

Jody, like the man on TV sez..."Jody...comeon down"...bring your camera and spend some time with us
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Chris C » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:39 am

Grab a tent and come on down, Jody. It'll be fun even if you don't have your tear. :thumbsup:

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Chris C

Postby Chris C » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:41 pm

I sure am getting excited about the trip, Folks! :) It's been too long since I cooked in the dutch ovens. We have two 10 inchers and are thinking a 12 inch would be a nice addition. Those cobblers and dump-cakes are great in a dutch oven. I can smell it now! :awesome: Hope we've a lot of people attending. Shame we won't have a trailer this time.

Chris C

PreviousNext

Return to South Central