Update!!! Beaver's Bend State Park... Date change

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Postby Chris C » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:58 pm

Julie,

I think it would, but you'd need a large and deep pot. All I've got are little 10" ovens.
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Postby Chris C » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:55 pm

So Julie.............................hear you are having a teardrop built. :applause: Will it be ready in time for Beavers Bend? :thinking:

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Chris C

Postby ARKPAT » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:32 am

Julie;
I have a double burner Coleman stove ; never used it at all. :D I will bring it and fuel for it if that would help. :)
Still I have not desided what style of Tear to do. Maybe I can get some ideas; but still bring trailer to camp in with tarp. Looking forward to the trip. Pat
Life is to short always eat dessert first.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby davel » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:47 am

Julie,

You don't need to worry about boiling water. Cindy has everything anyone would need in her galley. We can boil water for quite some time. :thumbsup:
davel
Donating Member

beavers bend

Postby oklahomajewel » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:48 am

It sounds like this will be a neat weekend ... you all are so helpful and cool! I didn't want to commit to treating everyone to breakfast since I have an old coleman stove and haven't used it in a while, I didn't want to get there and not be able to boil water!!

So (99% sure) I will bring and make breakfast on Saturday morning !! !
RV OMELETS.... you'll pick you're own makings in them --- I can bring ham, sausage, green onions, mushrooms, green peppers, cheese.... what else do y'all like in omelets?

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Chris C » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:41 pm

52 DAYS!!! But then, who's counting? :wine party:

Chris C

beavers bend

Postby oklahomajewel » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:42 pm

Chris C wrote:52 DAYS!!! But then, who's counting? :wine party:

I AM !!!

As a matter of fact, Chris, I thought of you today and was looking at when BG thinks my trailer might be ready and then what I could work on day 1, then day 2, then on and on....

I hope to get as much as I can done in time to bring it to Beavers Bend!
I hope I can get the floor on, the lineoleum on it, the sides, the spars, the insulation, the roof... only thing might be the wiring, I'll need some help with that.

But if I can get the roof on and the hatch, then it'll be good enough... Even if I have to jimmy up a couple things to be sure it doesn't fall apart on the road!

I SURE hope the weather is good and we get some RAIN !!!!!!

Camping is not the same without a campfire!

Julie
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby kajamelu4 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:44 am

Julie
When you get started please let me know. I want to come look!! :)

Good luck with your build. I know it will turn out great!

Karol
kajamelu4
The 300 Club

Postby Chris C » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:22 am

You're correct there, Julie................camping without a fire isn't much fun. Think I'd risk going to jail. :lol:

Chris C

Postby reo-ron » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:39 pm

Chris, Karol,Julie,
I'm new to this group but not to camping with vintage,fiberglass or teardrop folks. I have the Kampmaster for sale and I've talked a buddy of mine into comming to Beavers Bend with me . I'll bring the Kampmaster in case there are any prospective buyers. I also want to see some ideas as me and a few of my hotrod buddies are going to build several teardrops to travel to rod runs around the country . Hotels are just not as much fun as a campground full of hotrod campers!! I'm in Tulsa and would like to meet some of the teardroppers around here . I see Chris is from Norman . Is any one closer to Tulsa?? Julie , I don't know who is helping with your trailer but I may be able to help if you get in a jam. I'm pretty handy with wireing, bearings, Tires/wheels, painting etc.
Hope to here from someone near Tulsa
Ron
Old cars, trucks, trailers and scooters - bought, sold, traded and enthusiastically talked about.
reo-ron
The 300 Club

ron

Postby oklahomajewel » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:12 pm

Hey Ron ! Good to see another Okie (no offense intended) on the forum !

Yes, I just found out my trailer will be ready end of next week !! (Thanks BG!!!) and will definitely need wiring help -- I don't think I want to even attempted it. I'm in Midwest City, just a few miles east of downtown OKC and Karol is down towards the Shawnee area.

There is a couple of folks in the Tulsa area... look for T-Town and rickx2 or something like that...

Have you posted pics of the Kampmaster for sale?

julie
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby reo-ron » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:38 pm

Julie, Yes the Kampmaster is in the album section under reo-ron. Who is BC ? does he help with the wood work? I can do the woodwork I just don't really like doing it! Do you just need help with running lights or are you going fully accesorized?
Old cars, trucks, trailers and scooters - bought, sold, traded and enthusiastically talked about.
reo-ron
The 300 Club

Postby madjack » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:53 pm

reo-ron wrote:Julie, Yes the Kampmaster is in the album section under reo-ron. Who is BC ? does he help with the wood work? I can do the woodwork I just don't really like doing it! Do you just need help with running lights or are you going fully accesorized?

R-R, actually it is BG and he is building the frame for Julie...ya know the steel part ;) she is gonna haveta 'git 'er dun" for the rest of it
madjack 8)

p.s. yeah, yeah, I know, I am not Julie :o :lol: ;)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby ARKPAT » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:28 pm

Glad to here that Julie is getting her frame completed. :applause:
I will getting with my friend week after next about the TIG welder for the body/sub frame. :thumbsup:
This will help me with which way to go with the type/style of tear. :thinking:
Looking forward to the camp-in at Beaver Bend :P

Pat
Life is to short always eat dessert first.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby T-TownTear » Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:00 pm

Hey REO-RON!!

Welcome aboard.
I'm in Tulsa, West Tulsa to be exact.
After starting out with a pop-up camper frame I changed my mind and decided to go with my own design. Unfortunately, I got a set back when some house projects decided to interrupt.
But I am back on track and will be getting started pretty seriously in the next week or two.
T-TownTear
Teardrop Advisor

PreviousNext

Return to South Central