September Texas Gathering

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Postby SteveH » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:00 pm

Greg,

Glad to hear y'all are coming. :thumbsup:

Cold front? Seems I vaguely remember those. :roll: I'm working on an A/C installation right now.
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby backwoodsman » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:37 pm

SteveH wrote:Greg,

Glad to hear y'all are coming.

Thanks, SteveH.
I'm excited that we can make it.
I was not going to come because of the heat, but Charles & Linda said we can borrow their Coca Cola Teardrop.
With the A/C unit Charles put on that baby we had better bring lots of quilts. :lol:

See ya there,
Greg
You don't know what you don't know!
backwoodsman
Donating Member

Postby TRAIL-OF-TEARS » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:50 pm

Steve, where you gonna mount that ac?
Steve J.

Home built Camp-Inn clone.
GO SPURS GO
TRAIL-OF-TEARS
Donating Member

Postby SteveH » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:01 pm

Steve J.,

Actually, I'm not going to "mount" it. I'm gonna set it on the ground next to the tear, plug it in and duct the cold air into the sleeping quarters. :crazy:

Shure hope it works.
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Mark » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:52 am

I made my reservations this morning. I'll be there with my wife and 2 kidos. I really look forward to seeing your Tears and meeting everybody.
Also have my sister and her husband are coming along with their camper. They have really been watching everything I've been doing for the last eight months.
See ya soon.
Mark
Teardrop Advisor

Postby SmokeyBob » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:13 pm

Cindy

My wife and I plan on coming. We have a reservation. Looking forward to meeting everyone. :applause:

Bob & Judith
Last edited by SmokeyBob on Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pics for Building the Alegria I
To view video click Here

Bob & Judith
SmokeyBob
2000 Club
2000 Club

Don't cry

Postby Cindy » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:42 pm

Did you go to www.reserveamerica.com ? That is where I go to reserve my spaces. There is a phone number that you can call on the website for Inks lake I think. Does anybody know how to help? Maybe it was just down?
Don't worry, you will get in. Be patient. :)
Hot Cindy
My goal is to really live my life. I want to take risks, make a difference, and know that I have done all I can do to give hope to others.
Cindy
500 Club

Postby Mark » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:58 pm

Cindy when I called this morning I was told that you could not reserve a specific site. I also noticed on Reserve America that it has a disclaimer stating that sites are first come first serve. I also asked if any sites were reserved for a Tear Drop Trailer Gathering and they again told me that it was first come first serve.
Mark
Teardrop Advisor

Postby bg » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:30 pm

I will NOT be in attendance. Had a commitment come up for the same weekend.
Bobby(, Kim & Wayne)
bg
500 Club

Postby donreby » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:52 pm

Hi all,
No tear yet, but would like to come to meet all of you, see your tears, and convince my wife that a tear is a great way to get back into camping.

I'm looking into finding a motel or b&b in the area for Friday night, and maybe Saturday night. Hope to see all of you then.

Don & Rebecca ;) ;)
donreby
Teardrop Inspector

Postby asianflava » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:39 pm

Mark wrote:Cindy when I called this morning I was told that you could not reserve a specific site. I also noticed on Reserve America that it has a disclaimer stating that sites are first come first serve. I also asked if any sites were reserved for a Tear Drop Trailer Gathering and they again told me that it was first come first serve.

That is correct, you cannot reserve a specific spot. What we are going to do is, tell the ranger during check in that you are with the teardropper group. Hopefully there will be enough spots available so that they can bunch us up together. It is still first come first serve, but the earlier you get there the greater chance of getting grouped with the others.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Hotels, etc.

Postby Taralyn » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:48 pm

Austin City Limits Music Festival will be held 09/23-25 ... hotels may be at a premium. Festival sold out last year ... 8 stages, 130 bands ... Coldplay, Lyle Lovett, Robert Earl Keen, The Black Crowes and The Allman Brothers Band. Details at www.austincitylimits.com
Dean & Taralyn
Houston (Cy-Fair/Katy)
Taralyn
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:08 pm

Hey everyone, when I made our reservations the gentleman helping me asked if I wanted to add another name besides ours to our reservation. This allows another of our group to pick our spot. I originally put Cindy Lovelace down. I didn't know who would be arriving first. We might want to figure out who will arrive first and call in and put their name on our reservation. That way the first to arrive can pick all of our spaces and keep them together. Just a thought.

bg, sorry you won't get to make it. We will have fun for you. Look for pics on the forum the next week.

Linda and Charles
Coca Cola Teardrop
Black Teardrop with flames
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby TRAIL-OF-TEARS » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:46 pm

This might be a silly question but, is there anything special planned for the gathering? I mean like a pot luck dinner, chilli/ bbq cook off, or fishing tourney. Not that there has to be, I was just wondering so I can come prepared.
Steve J.

Home built Camp-Inn clone.
GO SPURS GO
TRAIL-OF-TEARS
Donating Member

What to do?

Postby Cindy » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:12 pm

No potluck at a Tear Drop Gathering?? That woudl be unAmerican! Some time back we talked about having a chili cook off but it quickly turned out to be a Mexican potluck on Saturday night about 6 or so. If you have tables & lawn chairs be sure and bring them.

Dave and I have decided to go on Thursday night (If the gasoline gods are smiling on us) so we can get everything set up for everyone else. I look forward to swimming myself. On Friday night, I guess we could all sit around and watch a movie on my laptop with popcorn from the microwave. :lol:
Hot Cindy
My goal is to really live my life. I want to take risks, make a difference, and know that I have done all I can do to give hope to others.
Cindy
500 Club

PreviousNext

Return to South Central