7th Beavers Bend March 23-25, 2012

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Re: 7th Beavers Bend March 23-25, 2012

Postby Tom U » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:59 am

I would like to attend. I can stay in a non reserve-able spot across the road being it looks as though you are filled up. I wouldn't mind doubling up to be closer to the action though if someone is willing. Do I still need to send the deposit for either situation? Please let me know my options and I can send a check if need to.

Tom U
Visit my Build Journal at viewtopic.php?t=45536&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Its not how smart you are, its how long you're willing to feel dumb until you find the answer.
Tom U
Teardrop Builder

Postby Todah Tear » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:54 pm

I, for one, can't wait. I have been "jonesing" for camping.

I'll tell you something else. If you don't visit the forum often, they'll pick up and mover on you! :o ...but they couldn't shake me that easily. I just followed the link :D .

It's great camping weather now in my neck of the woods.

Todah
"It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way." Proverbs 19:2 Image
Todah Tear
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Loader » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:18 pm

We are really looking forward to the gathering too! Haven't made it to BB before due to work, but this year is it!!
Earl & Kerry

"Loader"

Blue Yonder Build Thread - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42611

ImageImage
Loader
Platinum Donating Member

Postby starleen2 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:35 pm

By golly this thing is next month - I'd better be gettin' ready :D
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:25 pm

Tom U wrote:I would like to attend. I can stay in a non reserve-able spot across the road being it looks as though you are filled up. I wouldn't mind doubling up to be closer to the action though if someone is willing. Do I still need to send the deposit for either situation? Please let me know my options and I can send a check if need to.

Tom U

Hi Tom U, we would love to have you join us at Beavers Bend this year. As of now all sites are full but we have permission to double up ( double up not assigned- folks volunteer to double up)
We usually have some folks that have to back out at the last minute. So, having room for you should not be a problem.
It would be good to go ahead and send deposit. As someone cancels the next paid person on the list gets that spot.

Glen, Will be looking for your ck in the mail.
Pat, got your pmt today

Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:21 pm

I am looking forward to hanging out with you again Earl, I am surprised you haven't been able to ditch work before for now! I think Brenda (my girl) and Kerry will get along really good.

Since I have bought a new truck I have decided that I want my Monte Carlo next to me and not an hour away at my old house so I have decided to go ahead and sell my 1978 truck (with the camper) immediately to free up the driveway space. I had thought I would sell it after Beavers Bend but I want to move on so Brenda and I have decided to rent an R-Pod for this trip to be more comfortable anyway. It is a semi-teardrop shape so we will still fit in. I told her I would not rent a box camper period :lol:

So when you see a dark blue F-150 pulling an R-Pod, it is no stranger, it is just a 2bit camping adventurer!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby TheHighlander » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:10 pm

I am ready to get out here to go to Beaver Bend.

Scott & Gerri
142368 Scott & Gerri 's Classic RV
1969 Shasta Airflyte
TheHighlander
Teardrop Master

Postby Loader » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:36 pm

2bits wrote:I am looking forward to hanging out with you again Earl, I am surprised you haven't been able to ditch work before for now! I think Brenda (my girl) and Kerry will get along really good.

Since I have bought a new truck I have decided that I want my Monte Carlo next to me and not an hour away at my old house so I have decided to go ahead and sell my 1978 truck (with the camper) immediately to free up the driveway space. I had thought I would sell it after Beavers Bend but I want to move on so Brenda and I have decided to rent an R-Pod for this trip to be more comfortable anyway. It is a semi-teardrop shape so we will still fit in. I told her I would not rent a box camper period :lol:

So when you see a dark blue F-150 pulling an R-Pod, it is no stranger, it is just a 2bit camping adventurer!

Yep, we came close a few years ago, but once again work got in the way. Gotta pay the man! Spring is when work travel picks up, recently returned from Crete Greece. Was pretty cool, and I mean cool, winter in Greece is rougher than expected! Look forward to seeing the new truck and heck, even get a close look at one of those pod things.

Sounds good to me, looking forward to meeting Brenda and hoisting a few cold ones with you, we'll be sure just to point you in the right direction after the fire!
Earl & Kerry

"Loader"

ImageImage
Loader
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:15 am

WOW guys Beavers Bend is 4 weeks away

I think I'm going to pack the new TD this weekend. I've been down with Bronchitis for 2 weeks now and am so ready to get out of the house and do something fun. I will be gone March 14 - 18, then work 3 days then head out again for BB.

I think we all are getting ready for some serious camping. The weather has been so crazy lately. Fireplace roaring one day and needing the A/C the next day.
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby ARKPAT » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:54 am

Linda ..... sorry to hear about you Bronchitis. I sure hope and pray you get to feeling better for work and BB :worship:
I have had several visits to the doctor's office these last two weeks ...... and I'm tired of going :?
Time to get outside and camp :worship: :thumbsup: :applause: :pictures:
Earl and Kerry .... sorry you cannot make it to BB this time around ..... I had food poison at Mena Fast Food ( drive-thru ) :? :cry: place one year going down and had to turn back home. Then another year my vacation day was canceled .... so another BB no show :x :roll:
I have some things to get ready on the trailer ( house cleaning :oops: :NC ) ..... :stompspam:
Ready or not I'm going camping anyway :thumbsup:
I hope to see everyone a Beaver Bend Gathering :)

:thumbsup:

Pat
Life is to short always eat dessert first.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Loader » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:26 pm

ARKPAT wrote:Earl and Kerry .... sorry you cannot make it to BB this time around ..... I had food poison at Mena Fast Food ( drive-thru ) :? :cry: place one year going down and had to turn back home. Then another year my vacation day was canceled .... so another BB no show :x :roll:
Pat

Pat we ARE going to be at Beavers Bend this year! No doubt about it! Was talking about past years when we couldn't make it.
Earl & Kerry

"Loader"

ImageImage
Loader
Platinum Donating Member

Postby StPatron » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:20 pm

starleen2 wrote:By golly this thing is next month - I'd better be gettin' ready :D

Hey Preacherman... does the sermon for us take THAT LONG to prepare???
StPatron
Donating Member

Postby starleen2 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:16 pm

StPatron wrote:
starleen2 wrote:By golly this thing is next month - I'd better be gettin' ready :D

why YES! - and that's just for sermon point A of a three point sermon :D
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Postby 2bits » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:21 pm

starleen2 wrote:
StPatron wrote:

You can save the shower sermon for the late nighters :lol:
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby starleen2 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:37 pm

2bits wrote:
starleen2 wrote:
StPatron wrote:

You can save the shower sermon for the late nighters :lol:

That would be point B :shock:
BTW - $1.50 is money well spent for the showering company of a loved one!
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

PreviousNext

Return to South Central