Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Postby Kathleen » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:43 pm

Good Saturday Afternoon all.
I just joined. WOW there are so many interesting posts. :-)
I purchased a tear this week and am SO EXCITED! Can't wait to go get it. But alas I am in Austin TX and it is in Florida. I am a teacher so... no time to go get it till Christmas vacation.
I was going to go camp out on my land in southwest tx over Christmas vacation but now I am heading to Florida.
THEN again... vacation is two weeks. Maybe I will have time to do both.
If anyone would like to boondock on my land near Big Bend National Park in Terlingua.... just write me an e-mail and I will give you directions. You are welcome.
I bought property there because I LOVE hot springs and it is the only area in TX with hot springs. Big Bend National Park has one.
Kathleen
Kathleen
Teardrop Builder

Postby SteveH » Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:28 pm

Hello Kathleen, and welcome to the board.

Have you checked out the thread on the next Texas gathering next month at Inks Lake State Park? It's just up the road from you and hope you can make it out at least to visit.

It's interesting you have land close to Big Bend...always wanted to go spend some time there, but still haven't been able to schedule it. Did get to go to the Davis Mountains State Park this summer for a short trip (thought it would be cooler) and enjoyed the scenery.

Again, welcome.
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Will Smith » Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:28 pm

Congrats on the new Tear and thanks for the offer Kathleen.
Benefit mankind, use your screen saver for something useful. More information here:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
Will Smith
Teardrop Master

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:08 pm

Welcome Kathleen,
Hope you can make it to the Inks Lake Gathering.

PS everyone.
It isn't official untill Backwoodsman says so but it looks like Greg and Phyllis might take up our offer to use the Coca Cola and join us all at Inks Lake.

Linda and Charles
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby Kathleen » Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:43 pm

I keep posting these replies and when I hit submit it asks me for my sign in information again and my post disappears... I will try again but make it shorter.
yes, I would love to go to the inks lake get together. I will go find that threat.
AND yes I was in Fort Davis in July--such a nice relief from the heat!
Kathleen
Kathleen
Teardrop Builder

Hey, kathleen

Postby Cindy » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:33 pm

Hey,
A tear without the tears? Seems too easy and really wonderful. Do join us at Inks lake even if you don't have your tear yet. Just come on and you can stay somewhere. :thinking: Our grandson sleeps in a 10x13 tent usually with his Mother while we stay in the tear. You can stay in the tent with them. He's 12 and in 7th grade but he doesn't bite.
Hot Cindy
My goal is to really live my life. I want to take risks, make a difference, and know that I have done all I can do to give hope to others.
Cindy
500 Club

Postby mikeschn » Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:47 pm

Kathleen wrote:I keep posting these replies and when I hit submit it asks me for my sign in information again and my post disappears... I will try again but make it shorter.
yes, I would love to go to the inks lake get together. I will go find that threat.
AND yes I was in Fort Davis in July--such a nice relief from the heat!
Kathleen

Kathleen,

Welcome to the forum.

Are you still having trouble posting? It sounds like what is happening is that you are posting while not logged in, and once you log in, your message is posted.

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Return to South Central