"Rita" Do we need to rethink this Weekend?

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Postby TRAIL-OF-TEARS » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:48 am

I think we are going to stay at least friday night as well.
Steve J.

Home built Camp-Inn clone.
GO SPURS GO
TRAIL-OF-TEARS
Donating Member

Postby GeorgeT » Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:02 am

I had to cancel. We have relatives coming to stay with us from Houston and Galveston area to ride out the storm. Don't know about Thanksgiving yet but for sure will be rescheduling a camping weekend again soon, just a might too soon to decide when. Will post when I figure it out and hopefully some of you can join us. Sure hated to cancel, was really looking forward to meetin' everyone and seeing your tears. :(

George, Laura and Kellie
Lookin' up in da skize with ize on da prize
http://home.earthlink.net/~g.teague/
GeorgeT
The 300 Club

Re: Cedar Hill

Postby LoneStarBob » Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:28 am

Marguerite wrote:GREAT!!!!

I won't cancel, I will change! The park is 5 mi +/- from me!!!!!!!!!

Peg :applause:

Hi Peggy (Marguerite),

I just joined the forum because I am looking to build a teardrop someday. I see you are just up the road from me -- I actually grew up in Cedar Hill, and we just moved to Midlothian this past May.

I would love to see your camper some time. Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself. Thanks,

Bob Worley

FYI - I tried to email you directly but it bounced back as not a valid email address.
LoneStarBob
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Mark » Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:18 pm

I just called to cancell my reservations for Inks Lake and they told me that Inks is closed. They said that if you have reservations you can get a full refund or move your reservsation to another park.
I wish the weather worked out for us, I was really looking forward to seeing and meeting everybody. Hope everybody weathers the storm well and still looking forward to seeing you.
Mark
Mark
Teardrop Advisor

Postby SteveH » Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:52 pm

Just called and cancelled also. :thumbdown:
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby backwoodsman » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:07 pm

Steve,

Do we all need to call and cancell?
From what Mark said it sounds like we are all cancelled already if they are closed for the weekend. I tried to call several times and the lines were busy.
What gives? :duh
Greg
You don't know what you don't know!
backwoodsman
Donating Member

Postby SteveH » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:17 pm

Greg,

Don't know, but they did say they were refunding all but the internet charge ($3) of the reservation because of the huricane. They did NOT tell me the park would be closed, but that does not mean that it won't. It took me a while to get in also....stupid computer phone answerer machines.
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby TRAIL-OF-TEARS » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:20 pm

I just called also. I asked if the park would be closed they told me that it would not be closed but they would cancel everyone’s reservations so they could have room for evacuees.
Steve J.

Home built Camp-Inn clone.
GO SPURS GO
TRAIL-OF-TEARS
Donating Member

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:34 pm

You guys take care down there... :worship:

Postby asianflava » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:37 pm

Bummer, I guess we are all cancelled by default. Depending on the weather, we may take a joy ride out there over the weekend. My trailer is finally legal (with a transport tag) I want to see how it tows.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby SteveH » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:38 pm

Thanks Dean, but the folks in the Galveston/Houston area are the ones that are really under the gun, if the forcast is correct.
SteveH
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby davel » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:39 pm

We just called and got our reservations transfered from Inks Lake to Cedar Hill. We figure the rain will get there a little later and then we'll just pack up and go home when it moves in.

It's just sad to have something planned as long as we have and have it fall apart. :cry:
davel
Donating Member

Postby davel » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:42 pm

Steve,

They're saying this afternoon that Rita could still be a Tropical Storm status when it gets to the metroplex.

Park people said the North Texas parks are filling up fast.
davel
Donating Member

Postby SteveH » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:46 pm

Dave,

Yes, I heard that also. Also heard that San Antonio could get hurricane force winds...75 MPH. Went to buy a generator but none were available. Too late I guess.
SteveH
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

This weekend

Postby Cindy » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:54 pm

Dave and I have changed our reservations to go to Cedar Hill State Park. Inks Lake will be open but is trying to clear spaces for people from the coast who are going there to outrun the storm. They are asking people to go ahead and cancel so they can get those from the coast into spaces.

The people at Cedar Hill said they are filling up also. We are going to stay Thursday and Friday night to go home Saturday.
Cindy
Hot Cindy
My goal is to really live my life. I want to take risks, make a difference, and know that I have done all I can do to give hope to others.
Cindy
500 Club

PreviousNext

Return to South Central