Matagorda area?

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Matagorda area?

Postby fcreamer88 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:56 am

Just curious to know if anybody will or ever travels to the matagorda beach area? Im really wanting to check out a TD. I'd like to get a visual representation of what I have in my head. And I'll give up a few of my fishing holes to anyone interested. :D
In process of building my custom on/off road tear drop.
fcreamer88
Teardrop Builder

Re: Matagorda area?

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:50 pm

fcreamer88 wrote:Just curious to know if anybody will or ever travels to the matagorda beach area? Im really wanting to check out a TD. I'd like to get a visual representation of what I have in my head. And I'll give up a few of my fishing holes to anyone interested. :D

:baby: :envious: One I wish I could and two, don't know where it is... :NC
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby honeask » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:41 pm

Miriam,
Matagorda is on the Gulf of Mexico where the Colorado River spills into the Gulf. Really is kind of a cool fishing village type of place. He is correct, good fishing. :thumbsup:
Sandy

We're not here for a long time, just here for a good time.
The stars at night are big and bright, (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS.
honeask
Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:53 pm

There was actually a Teardrop gathering at Matagorda Bay, I wasn't finished building my teardrop but the place looked very nice and fairly secluded. Might be time to plan another one..
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby tonyj » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:02 pm

We had around a 8-10 trailers as i recall, but it was basically camping in an rv park. Just pull ins and concrete. No trees. Close access to the beach and river, but not a "park-like" camping experience. I can't say i would want to camp there again. I think i would rather camp on the beach.

The highlight of the trip was the camp host and the county sheriff grilling Danny about the appearance of ufo's over the campground. Apparently, scared the heck out of the locals. And a legend was born.
Still graced with two eyes and ten fingers (due in no small part to luck!).

Just when you think a problem is solved, an uglier result replaces it.

tony
tonyj
Super Lifetime Member

Postby honeask » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:34 pm

I agree Tony. It is fairly close for us but we only consider it for day trips. Not much privacy. It is a really good place for beachcombing and fishing.
Sandy

We're not here for a long time, just here for a good time.
The stars at night are big and bright, (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS.
honeask
Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:47 pm

I wasn't there but yeah, I wouldn't expect trees when camping at the beach LOL!!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Txbum » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:25 pm

Hi there , we ocasionally go to the Rockport area...would not mind seeing your part of the coast...let us know when a time is good. Richard & Mary Jane...Our tear is small 4x8 woody style. Planning a canvas covered foamie similar to a TrackTrailer Australian off road trailer. Not really a teardrop but looks like a very good off road /beach camper.. Txbum :beer:
Txbum
Titanium Donating Member

Postby fcreamer88 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:10 pm

Been a little while since I checked my post. Another gathering would be awesome!! I bet I know which park ya'll stayed at before....retiree park.lol Camping on the beach is so much more fun, aside from the sand and skeeters.
fcreamer88
Teardrop Builder

Postby fcreamer88 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:12 pm

Txbum wrote:Hi there , we ocasionally go to the Rockport area...would not mind seeing your part of the coast...let us know when a time is good. Richard & Mary Jane...Our tear is small 4x8 woody style. Planning a canvas covered foamie similar to a TrackTrailer Australian off road trailer. Not really a teardrop but looks like a very good off road /beach camper.. Txbum :beer:

Whenever ya'll are ready! :D The fishing is great right now, the bulls are running and he trout seem to just keep getting bigger. lol
fcreamer88
Teardrop Builder

Return to South Central