South Central Check in!

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

South Central Check in!

Postby 2bits » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:39 pm

I thought it would be cool to start a "downtime" thread for what we are doing when you are not camping!

I have finally gotten my git-er-done teardrop pretty much finished so I know I will be able to meet the next gatherings coming up which makes me happy! I will be camping in this one until I get the Prowler completed, but before the Prowler project is to complete my 100 amp to 200 amp power pole conversion and adding my RV hookups for you guys because that is a major dream come true to be able to host a gathering and sit around my fire pit with my camp buddies!

So that is me, how are all you guys doing?
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Re: South Central Check in!

Postby jss06 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:19 pm

All I have done it get my teeth taken care of after getting back from a 2 week trip to England earlier this year.
About half way through now.
jss06
Palladium Donating Member

Postby aggie79 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:48 pm

Thomas,

We haven't been doing much. My work has eaten most of my time. We've been working on the house - put up crown molding among other projects. I've almost got the garage remodeling done too.

It's getting time to start #2 hopefully around the first of the year.

Take care,
Tom
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:13 pm

:? Stripping out the mold. Missouri has finally won----almost! 8)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Nobody » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:28 am

TD is OK, no problems, or updates needed. The Scamp is still a project in progress (slowly :thumbdown: ). Acquired a tiny (8') mid-90's Starcraft pop-up trailer for my solo weekend hunting/fishing trips within Arkansas & surrounding states. It has a few issues that I'm working on now (lights, battery, etc.), & my old Sun Lite pop up pickup camper that I use for deer camp is just waiting for fall. Weather has been pretty hot for much outdoor work (especially for an old man ;) ) but a few 'cold' fronts zipped thru the past few days & moderated temps somewhat so I should be able to get more done.

Lenora & I are going to take off with the TD about Aug 11th. Gonna try to make it to forum member Slow Cowboy's 'Walk the Winds' gathering near Pinedale, WY before we hafta be back home. We wanna be home for Lenora's B'day on Aug 26th & we have a new great grandaughter due to arrive on Aug 28th. Told the grandaughter that this one needs to be 'on time' (it's her 1st) since I leave on Aug 29th for my annual Labor Day squirrel huntin' trip to Missouri. Grandaughter says she'll try hard :worship: , but I may have to 'attend' via long distance :roll: We have a lot of 'stuff' going on before LCG at the end of October, which we're also eagerly anticipating... 8)
Harvey -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Doing the right thing ain't always easy but, . . . it's always right!
Nobody
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby rockinrobin » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:12 pm

My job is very demanding, and keeps me very busy. But did manage a ten day trip to the four corners area in my new to me Pleasant Valley " Starship". Spent a couple days at Mesa Verde National Park, then to Chama to meet some very nice folks from the Western area, and some from our South Central area. Took a train ride thru the mountains . Been down to Caprock Canyons State Park a time or two. Some of you remember the hotter than H@@@ Campout there. Looking forward to Dinosaur Valley State Park meeting.
" It's all good"
rockinrobin
Titanium Donating Member

Postby oklahomajewel » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:05 am

Hey Ronnie. You doin alright? Got a new camper? Thank goodness this summer's been milder but also wetter. Im not complaining about the rain but seems we've had some at every camp out. Even when we went to nw Arkansas two weeks ago. as matter of fact it's 1 a.m. And raining right now! Almost August !
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby TheHighlander » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:04 pm

Hi everybody we are still here .

Scott & Gerri

:vroom: :vroom: :fan: :fan: :fan: :fan: :fan: :fan: :vroom: :vroom: :vroom: :vroom: :rainy: :rainy: :rainy: :rainy: :rainy: :rainy: :vroom: :vroom: :rainy: :rainy:
142368 Scott & Gerri 's Classic RV
1969 Shasta Airflyte
TheHighlander
Teardrop Master

Postby starleen2 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:17 pm

Still here! While you guys were here in the heat, we managed to sneak off to the Crossroads of America Gathering in Indiana and enjoyed 65* nights and 80's* in the daytime. Along the way we stopped in Little Rock AR to tour the Bill Clinton presidential library 8) . Then we headed to St. Louis for paddle wheel boat tour of the Mississippi and visit to the arch. There is a rumored video of Cindy and I slow dancing on the dance floor of ship :dancing - we were the only ones on the floor at the time. We wrapped up St. Louis with a visit to the zoo to see the arctic penguins exhibit - and arctic it was :snowstorm: - very cool indeed! Then we headed :vroom: to McCormicks Creek SP in Indiana for four days. We returned via Memphis and stayed the night culminating with a visit to the Memphis zoo to see the pandas. Almost 2000 miles round trip and now back at home in the Texas heat :relaxing:
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Postby planovet » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:26 am

Still here. Waiting for it to cool down so we can resume camping with our peeps. :beer:
ImageMark (& Cindi)
Visit our website: Little Swiss Teardrop

I was wondering why the water balloon was getting bigger... and then it hit me.

ImageImageImageImage
planovet
The Cat Man

Postby davel » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:31 am

Still here! Almost ready for teachers to come back to school. :cry:
Still working on the Up and Down Lounge.
Got a new tow vehicle.
Cindy's knee has healed well.
We're ready for camping.
davel
Donating Member

Postby Txbum » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:09 am

Hello everyone, still here , recovering from knee scope operation. Hope to see you at LCG..Richard & Mary Jane :thumbsup:
Txbum
Titanium Donating Member

Postby mechmagcn » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:16 am

Me and Micki are still hanging in there. Living at my place on the river for the summer, was hoping to get a lot done on the remodel till I screwed up and tore my bicep tendon. Surgery last week, the Dr. says a 3 month unpaid vacation, so it looks like any plans that included $$$ went out the window :cry: We are going to take off for the Buffalo River in No. AR the weekend of 9/21 for our anniversary, anyone in the area is welcome to join us. Not sure of campground yet, probably either Tyler Bend or Buffalo Point. :D
It's been a few years, but there is a local cafe in Gilbert AR that has a cheeseburger to die for :twisted:
Jeff & Micki
53 F100
Mercedes turbo diesel
Teardrop "finished" as if they ever are
You can never be lost if you don't care where you are going!
mechmagcn
Donating Member

Postby Fishingtomatoseed » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:44 am

Finished up the galley on the trailer. Been camping about every third weekend at texoma. We are planning another trip before school starts to some where close. Then one to Dinosaur valley in October. I have enjoyed my new job ( not working overtime or weekends ). Been able to spend the summer with the family unlike the past 8 years.
Fishingtomatoseed
Donating Member

Postby Donutboy » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:46 pm

I'm back working on mine, which was started six years ago!!! :shock: Hoping to finish it this time.
Jerry
Retro-Kamper
(Puffin for Four)
Donutboy
Teardrop Master

Next

Return to South Central