South Central Check in!

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Re: South Central Check in!

Postby Mark Gunter » Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:59 am

Hello everybody, I’m here south of Cleburne and north of Hillsboro, Texas. My wife and I live full time in a 34’ Dutchmen Astoria bumper pull RV.

All I’ve been doing since January is building out the camper we plan to use for weekend trips year round (see build journal linked below). I’m a bit disappointed I couldn’t get it done in 3 or 4 months so we could start using it as soon as Spring had sprung, but I’m still plugging away and doing the best I can with dwindling resources. Hopefully we’ll be ready at least for summer camping.

Just saw this old thread, maybe I’ll be able to read through it someday soon. Just wanted to wave and honk the old horn and say howdy this morning.
I'm a happy man, I love my life!

My Gunter Li’l Standy build journal:
https://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=75291
Mark Gunter
Teardrop Advisor

Postby caseydog » Mon May 08, 2023 12:55 am

Hello folks. I'm still alive and kicking. Not quite ready to pull the trigger on a new TD. Thomas sent me some links to CDs for sale, but I've got two very old parents to help my sister look after, and summer is coming. I do have a basic set-up for camping in my SUV, but it is better for cool weather camping. I can't run the AC without running the engine, and I'm not going to do that.

Things got a bit exciting around here. I live 8 miles from that outlet mall in Allen that got shot up on Saturday, and have been shopping there for years. Luckily, I don't go there on weekends, because it is way to crowded then.

I hope everyone is doing okay. I'll try and pop in more often.

CD
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby davel » Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:34 pm

We're still here, just a mixed up year. Very few campouts this year. Ready to return to normal.
davel
Donating Member

Postby davel » Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:41 pm

Cindy and I have been back and forth from Ennis to Big Spring and back everyother week. Out in Big Spring helping our daughter through chemo treatments. We're going to take a trip to Balmorhea the 13th thru 16th and then back home after her last chemo.
davel
Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:13 pm

I heard about Holly , I am sorry to hear. I hope the chemo does it's job
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby caseydog » Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:18 pm

Hello everyone. I hope you all had a great summer and (brief) autumn. And of course, a great Christmas.

As 2023 comes to an end, I wanted to pop in to wish everyone a great 2024! :wine:

The last few months have been busy. Looking after two very old parents has kept my sister and me busy. My dad passed away a few weeks ago. Don't feel sad for me, he was ready to "go home." He slipped into a coma, and died very peacefully at the age of 91.

I am basically retired, only working a few days per month, and only on jobs I want to do. Maybe I'll get another teardrop this year. I can't say if I will unless/until I actually pull the trigger and buy one.

New Year's Eve is tomorrow, and I was just thinking about the great gatherings/parties we had in the past on NYE.

I guess that's all for now. I do still think of my Teardrop friends from time to time.

CD
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Previous

Return to South Central