Purtis Creek Nov 14-16 **SOLD OUT**

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Re: Purtis Creek Nov 14-16

Postby 2bits » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:20 pm

Lynne wrote:It has been a long time since I've been in here. So much happens in life that is unexpected we just have to stop now and then to relax and get away. I don't
have a camper as of yet but would lie to visit everyone at Purtis creek this November and look at the campers. I am not a Texan by birth and have only been in Texas about fifteen years. So if someone could tell where Purtis creek is I would appreciate it.

Google Maps will get you there, I looked it up from Klondike, TX and its about an hour and a half due South of you. Looks like a fairly straight shot down 69 to 19 to Canton then a couple of back roads from there.

At this time we have just two trailers confirmed equaling 4-5 campers. My little sister and her hubby might come and a couple more not for sure, so who knows who will all be there! It's all good! I was hoping this would be a casual camp out anyway!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Re: Purtis Creek Nov 14-16

Postby 2bits » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:20 pm

Just FYI Only 4 sites available! :embarassed:
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Re: Purtis Creek Nov 14-16 **SOLD OUT**

Postby 2bits » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:05 pm

Sorry I wasn't reading your post right Cindy, Saturday night grilling will be in effect!!

All sites are now reserved and the roster is me and my buddy Kelly and his wife who are tenting on my site and you two, so we should be sure to get adjoining sites, Kelly's favorite site is 29 so we will be there if we can, I'll keep you posted or you keep me posted if you get there first. He's a fire pit kind o guy so it will be nice and toasty I am sure!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Cindy » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:35 am

Thomas, Its going to be cold and windy so chili sounds better to me. I can make up a pot of beans and some cornbread - cold weather food! I'll bring eggs and sausages for breakfast.
We are bringing our 10x10 with sides so we will have a place to sit if it rains. Or we could go inside and watch a movie?
No fishing this time - too cold for me. :snowstorm:
Might get the stuff for hot toddies! Hot buttered rum - umm! Ask me about the time that "The church ladies wanted the recipe!".

Weather calling for: Friday night -38 Cloudy, Saturday 48 w/40% chance of rain. :frightened:
Hot Cindy
My goal is to really live my life. I want to take risks, make a difference, and know that I have done all I can do to give hope to others.
Cindy
500 Club

Postby starleen2 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:52 am

You guys are camping in our Home town's back yard! Cindy and I went to High school, lived, and owned a business in Eustace before I became a minister. it's really strange weather we're having - it's actually cooler there this weekend than it is up here in MA! 8)
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Postby 2bits » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:51 pm

I am seeing now that the weather is calling for temps in the 20s for the next 3 nights and right at freezing for Fri and Sat but with rain, and then in the 20s again the following three days after the weekend. and you know it's gonna be blowing wind like crazy so it will feel even colder. When stuff gets that cold and in the 20's and feels like the teens its not fun anymore and I like to sit around that campfire rather than in a tent, so I am out for this one dangit! I need to be home in case a pipe bursts (again) too... I love camping but I have my limits, sorry! :roll:
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Previous

Return to South Central