Lake Tawakoni in June

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Lake Tawakoni in June

Postby Cindy » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:55 pm

We will be camping at Lake Tawakoni, June 15-19 in the Spring Point Loop. We reserved the non premium site ($22 night)
Hopefully, we can swim in the lake and have a good time.

The list is:

Woody and Family
Cindy & Dave
Terri & Greg
Dave and Joann
Danny & Suzanne
Bobby
Stacy and Jay the man behind the mask
Joyce
Thomas
Hot Cindy
My goal is to really live my life. I want to take risks, make a difference, and know that I have done all I can do to give hope to others.
Cindy
500 Club

Re: Lake Tawakoni in June

Postby Woodyperk6 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:28 pm

We're in. Reservations are made.
Woody & Tammy

One day closer.
Woodyperk6
Platinum Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:19 pm

I added to the calendar and reserved! I'll be sure the range is in good shooting order if we want to see my place with leaves and play with toys. There are three separate loops in this area with 8 sites on each loop so I'll find out which numbers are the ones without sewer and hopefully we can grab an entire circle to ourselves.
Attachments
Screen shot 2016-03-20 at 8.18.40 PM.png
Screen shot 2016-03-20 at 8.18.40 PM.png (81.09 KiB) Viewed 3662 times
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Woodyperk6 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:08 am

2bits wrote:I added to the calendar and reserved! I'll be sure the range is in good shooting order if we want to see my place with leaves and play with toys. There are three separate loops in this area with 8 sites on each loop so I'll find out which numbers are the ones without sewer and hopefully we can grab an entire circle to ourselves.

FYI, We are all reserved in the non premium $22 a night spots as stated in Cindy's post.
Woody & Tammy

One day closer.
Woodyperk6
Platinum Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:58 am

Woodyperk6 wrote:
2bits wrote:I added to the calendar and reserved! I'll be sure the range is in good shooting order if we want to see my place with leaves and play with toys. There are three separate loops in this area with 8 sites on each loop so I'll find out which numbers are the ones without sewer and hopefully we can grab an entire circle to ourselves.

FYI, We are all reserved in the non premium $22 a night spots as stated in Cindy's post.

Yup! I called them non-sewer sites but same thing, I'm glad you chose that section too, we don't want the big rig sites and I've never camped in that area before too.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby 2bits » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:07 pm

OK I called and the non-premium sites are in the two far right loops in the map above for sites 52-59 and 60-67.

The loop 52-59 has double wide parking for people with boats and typically sell out faster and aren't as pretty since they are kind of parking lot-ish looking. It's first come first served as usual but if we can get in the loop for sites 60-67 that would be awesome. I'm not posting this to other websites.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Tiny Tow » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:57 pm

Well, everyone is going camping crazy!!!!!!! This might be the one where I get Jay (husband) to show up for the day. It's close and he is interested in the gun shooting part. So, not going to camp most likely, but will come for a full day.
Tiny Tow
Donating Member

Postby Woodyperk6 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:33 am

Tiny Tow wrote:Well, everyone is going camping crazy!!!!!!! This might be the one where I get Jay (husband) to show up for the day. It's close and he is interested in the gun shooting part. So, not going to camp most likely, but will come for a full day.

Good Deal!!!!!
Woody & Tammy

One day closer.
Woodyperk6
Platinum Donating Member

Postby hikrynut » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:25 pm

We're in, reservation made.
hikrynut
Teardrop Builder

Postby bg » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:13 pm

Made a reservation. Probably head up early Saturday morning.
Bobby(, Kim & Wayne)
bg
500 Club

Postby millerworks » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:03 am

awe, we will be there June 11th then heading to California. Have fun
millerworks
Teardrop Builder

Postby 2bits » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:12 pm

We just need one more camper to fill up that loop! Once we get that I can call them up and see if I can sweet talk me into reserving that loop for us. The other loop is directly next door and within spitting distance for more people too
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby vairman » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:37 am

2bits wrote:We just need one more camper to fill up that loop! Once we get that I can call them up and see if I can sweet talk me into reserving that loop for us. The other loop is directly next door and within spitting distance for more people too

Hi Thomas while camping in the loops is a good idea, there are no bathrooms near by. Maybe we should look at sites 6-11 or 38-42? Just a thought
Women are angels, but, when someone breaks their wings, they simply continue to fly on a broomstick.
vairman
500 Club

Postby 2bits » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:10 pm

vairman wrote:
2bits wrote:We just need one more camper to fill up that loop! Once we get that I can call them up and see if I can sweet talk me into reserving that loop for us. The other loop is directly next door and within spitting distance for more people too

Hi Thomas while camping in the loops is a good idea, there are no bathrooms near by. Maybe we should look at sites 6-11 or 38-42? Just a thought

We are booked in the non premium Spring Point loop which is sites 52-67. For us to move, we would all need to transfer our reservations to the White Deer loop. I personally like White Deer better since Spring Point is mainly for the big rigs (probably why there is a lack of restrooms) but I like camping in new locations too so it's all good to me and I am cool with the consensus... stay of move I am happy either way. If we move it will allow more people to be closer but this looks to be a smaller gathering so it might be a moot point. The lack of restroom facilities is a good call out though and I just checked and White Deer is wide open so what's everyone's thoughts? Worth the move?
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby hikrynut » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:55 pm

We are cool with moving, or not. Whatever the group decides.
hikrynut
Teardrop Builder

Next

Return to South Central