Caddo Lake State Park Jan 20-22

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Re: Caddo Lake State Park Jan 20-22

Postby madjack » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:38 pm

...swamp tour...25bux a head...4 to 8 people...12 can be accommodated but would be crowded...Marlene and I are going...we need at least two more...this is an hour+ tour of the swampier, more photogenic part of the lake and it leaves from just a couple of miles down the road from the park in Uncertain Tx...PLEASE let me know if you are interested so I can nail this down...presently, I have the boat reserved for 2PM(tentatively) Sat afternoon...let me know what ya want 'cause, times are somewhat flexible/adjustable since this is off season........
madjack 8)

p.s ...boat is a pontoon boat, payment is to guide at dock, in form of cash or check...no plastic...........mj
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby 2bits » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:42 pm

I now have site reservations and please sign me up for the tour! Thanks for setting this up Madjack this will be a treat!!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby 2bits » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:12 pm

By the way I've been on a mission to split a bunch of logs that have been sitting around for a while so we will have firewood! Woody and Greg always bring wood too. We won't be cold! :twisted:
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby hikrynut » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:16 pm

Looks like I'm not gonna be able to make it. Can't get away from work.
hikrynut
Teardrop Builder

Postby Woodyperk6 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:36 am

We won't be able to make it either. Tammy was in a pretty serious vehicle accident Sunday evening. She's home from the hospital but she won't be able to travel by then. Some broken bones and banged up pretty bad. She was hit by a full size bus that ran a red light after it lost its brake exiting the freeway.
Woody & Tammy

One day closer.
Woodyperk6
Platinum Donating Member

Postby madjack » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:59 pm

DAMMITMAN :shock: ...well at least all will heal...hurry Tammy, spring is coming and we'll throw some positive vibes your way.............
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby 2bits » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:00 pm

Woodyperk6 wrote:We won't be able to make it either. Tammy was in a pretty serious vehicle accident Sunday evening. She's home from the hospital but she won't be able to travel by then. Some broken bones and banged up pretty bad. She was hit by a full size bus that ran a red light after it lost its brake exiting the freeway.

Holy crap Woody! Tell Tammy we are thinking of her!

MJ weather is still good and I am still reserved
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby millerworks » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:25 pm

Get better Tammy, so you'll be good to go by Broken Bow. Love and blessings from John and Melody.

We do plan on being there, rain or shine, even if we end up being the only ones.
millerworks
Teardrop Builder

Postby madjack » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:35 pm

...we'll be dere...dare say Thyomas will be as well...hoping for a boat ride Sat AND considering Sat supper at the Shady Glade restaurant, marina, motel, cabins and I think, they sell Buicks as well(located in Uncertain Tx)...that is where, the boat guide works out of(the marina)...wadda y'all think about an "eat out" on Sat instead of a potluck...jes' throwing options out there for a small group.......
madjack 8)
madjack
Site Admin

Postby 2bits » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:45 am

Jack the dinner outing is a perfect idea because there is so much going on that I haven't had a chance to even think about food. you may have seen the thread here about out good friend Bill (TxBill aka Bill and Louisa) passing, There is a potential that the service may be this weekend but it appears that it might get pushed back. So depending on how that goes we may lose some others. I knew and loved Bill and of course Louisa but have decided that I'll be at Caddo Lake either way as I think Bill would enjoy that kind of memorial doing what he loved. With John and Melody at a minimum we should be able to do the cypress waters tour. Greg and Terri are possible too but Joyce is scared because it rained yesterday :)
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby madjack » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:42 am

...Joyce, they do sell first rate rain gear at WallyWorld :R

...looks like 3 restaurants in immediate area...one is a "rustic" kinda place(my kinda) at the marina where the guide works out of...famous for chicken fried steak, big burgers and fried fish...the other two are bit more upscale places that are basically catfish joints...and Jefferson is only a short hop with many other choices including "EastTx Best BarB-Que" and who knows what else............
madjack 8)
madjack
Site Admin

Postby millerworks » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:55 pm

I did put "even if we're the only ones" because I did hear of the possibility of Bill's memorial service. I (Melody) met them twice, and they were very nice people.

We'll update later for sure, but the dinner sounds great to me. John has an actual job now, on top of his self employment, so once he gets home I'll run it by him
millerworks
Teardrop Builder

Postby 2bits » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:08 pm

Jack I lean toward the rustic also as well as any place that doesnt require leaving the park so the marina sounds good to me
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby vairman » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:11 pm

It is looking more like we will be able to make it (keeping our fingers crossed ) will find out for sure on Wednesday, and FYI we vote for rustic also.
Greg and Terri
Women are angels, but, when someone breaks their wings, they simply continue to fly on a broomstick.
vairman
500 Club

Postby millerworks » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:20 pm

it all sounds good to us! "verified" by John, now
millerworks
Teardrop Builder

PreviousNext

Return to South Central