Health Problems

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Re: Health Problems

Postby madjack » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:46 pm

2bits wrote:MJ do you think you might be up to some coon ass camping in your neck of the woods come wintertime? 8)

...yep...just trying to figure out where and when...I haven't camped since Caddo because of my heart problems an d my mothers cancer. BUT come Oct, I am thinking of 3r4 days at Caddo, then on to Daingerfield SP, then over to DeGray Lake in Ar,(maybe) Follow that up with a stop at MoroBay Ar(maybe) and finishing at Beavers Dam near Minden...this is where "the gathering formally known as" was held last year...wattcha think???
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby madjack » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:02 pm

...another suggestion...in the heart of Cajun country is Chico SP near Ville Platte La...it is La's oldest and largest SP...fairly open, new bath houses, plenty of sites...lake has grass but, a different type than Bistineau...they also rent canoes and bateaus (jon boats)...it is also home to La's Arboretum, an outdoor nature museum...the park stretches 16mi and is excellent for bicyclists...the North Park is the place to be...one of Marlene and I's favorite parks..............
madjack 8)

p.s. it would probably be pushing 350mi from Mesquite........mj
p.p.s. would probably be good, temperature wise, thru most of winter...........mj
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby mechmagcn » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:34 am

Wow, it's been a long time since I've been on this forum! MJ, so sorry to hear of your health problems and your mom's cancer.
I actually just popped in to ask if we were still going to get together this year, I'm so ready for some fall camping. If you come up this way, please do stop in at Moro Bay, new campground is open and we'd be glad to have you.
Jeff & Micki
53 F100
Mercedes turbo diesel
Teardrop "finished" as if they ever are
You can never be lost if you don't care where you are going!
mechmagcn
Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:31 pm

madjack wrote:...another suggestion...in the heart of Cajun country is Chico SP near Ville Platte La...it is La's oldest and largest SP...fairly open, new bath houses, plenty of sites...lake has grass but, a different type than Bistineau...they also rent canoes and bateaus (jon boats)...it is also home to La's Arboretum, an outdoor nature museum...the park stretches 16mi and is excellent for bicyclists...the North Park is the place to be...one of Marlene and I's favorite parks..............
madjack 8)

p.s. it would probably be pushing 350mi from Mesquite........mj
p.p.s. would probably be good, temperature wise, thru most of winter...........mj

Hey MJ Man I replied to this but after checking after this last post it isn't there... It times me out every 60 seconds ever since I got satellite internet :NC I looked up that park and it sounds awesome but it's quite a hike for me and would probably work best if I stopped somewhere on the way. I do like the idea of it being more South so better through the winter. Anything slightly more North that you've liked in the past?
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby madjack » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:57 pm

Thomas, is Cindy doing her Halloween thing..???
Bever Dam USFS campground just North of Minden (about s far as Bistineau) La has become one of our favorites and where I camped for my birthday last year...great park!!!!
If Cindy is doing her Halloween thing, we could do this the weekend before...this would be the weekend of the 20th or the 27th of Oct...Moro Bay in Ar would be a very viable option...I will start another thread about this....
madjack 8)
madjack
Site Admin

Postby madjack » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:09 pm

mechmagcn wrote:Wow, it's been a long time since I've been on this forum! MJ, so sorry to hear of your health problems and your mom's cancer.
I actually just popped in to ask if we were still going to get together this year, I'm so ready for some fall camping. If you come up this way, please do stop in at Moro Bay, new campground is open and we'd be glad to have you.

Jeff, Marlene and I are going to do as much fall camping as we can and Moro Bay is VERY high on our list...either mid Oct, late Oct or early Nov...a new thread about this is coming.......
madjack 8)

ps. my heart in a doing great and my Mother, after having an experimental procedure done, is holding her own or even pushing back against her pancreatic cancer....just an update FYI.............mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby 2bits » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:38 pm

madjack wrote:
mechmagcn wrote:Wow, it's been a long time since I've been on this forum! MJ, so sorry to hear of your health problems and your mom's cancer.

Jeff, Marlene and I are going to do as much fall camping as we can and Moro Bay is VERY high on our list...either mid Oct, late Oct or early Nov...a new thread about this is coming.......
madjack 8)

ps. my heart in a doing great and my Mother, after having an experimental procedure done, is holding her own or even pushing back against her pancreatic cancer....just an update FYI.............mj

Hey MJ, Cool, I 'll reply there... oh and I can't think of anything better than a fresh thread with your fall camping plans and ideas because that just helps signify your recovery and moving forward to good times and your mother too!!! Great news! :thumbsup:
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:17 am

Atomic77 wrote:
madjack wrote:..not a good week around mj's pond...

I can sure relate. Just know that you're in my prayers for sure. Lot's of people have been praying for me since I found out I have cancer. So, you are in my thoughts and in my prayers for you and your family...

Sorry to hear this Michael. Will send prayers up for you also.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Atomic77 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:07 pm

CAJUN LADY wrote:
Atomic77 wrote:
madjack wrote:..not a good week around mj's pond...

I can sure relate. Just know that you're in my prayers for sure. Lot's of people have been praying for me since I found out I have cancer. So, you are in my thoughts and in my prayers for you and your family...

Sorry to hear this Michael. Will send prayers up for you also.
Thank you

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Michael

"The Strength is in the Sum of the Parts..."

The Astroliner

Follow The Astroliner Blog Here!

Check out our YouTube video
Atomic77
1000 Club
1000 Club

Previous

Return to South Central