Health Problems

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Health Problems

Postby madjack » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:27 am

..not a good week around mj's pond...last week my 89yr young mother turned yellow...this week she is at MD Andersons in Houston...they still aren't sure what her diagnosis is until test results next week

For me, I have been having breathing problems, both day and night. Like many long time smokers (quit 6yrs ago with an e-cig), I knew I had apnea...after the sleep test, I was having over 50 apnea events per hour with over a 10 second duration...I started cpap therapy last night...

But, here is the kicker, I also went to the cardiologist and am now scheduled for a triple by-pass next week...DAMITMAN...that is gonna screw up the rest of prime camping season for this year...hopefully that will give me another 10 or 15 yrs good camping time...the real problem for DW and I, is she is disabled and I am her prime caretaker...that first couple of weeks after the surgery is gonna be a real kicker in that regard since she does' t drive and I do all the grocery shopping........

If anyone out there has room on their prayer list, mj(jack),his wife(marlene)and mother(Lenora)would sure love a mention...thank you very much, safe travels and happy camping to all............
madjack 8)

p.s. this will make me a no show for Fairfield...any other camping I might do will be REAL close to home...maybe in the fall at Moro Bay...............mj
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Re: Health Problems

Postby TENNJIM » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:02 pm

Madjack, we are sorry to hear the news and will keep you and family in our prayers.
Wishing you the best, :thumbsup:
Jim and Sheryl / Utah
Most People Seem Normal Until You Really Get To Know Them!
Never mind what people say, I think those Saguaros are shooting us the finger!
72.68% Of All Statistics Are Made Up!
TENNJIM
Palladium Donating Member

Postby Shadow Catcher » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:58 pm

Personally I kind of think it comes under, any landing you can walk away from.
We come to an age where the warranty runs out and stuff goes wrong. Four years ago I was working on the tear when I had a heart attack and died on the table at Toledo Hospital, I woke up with burn marks where they shocked me nine times and three months later we were camping on the north shore of Lake Superior.
I wish you well
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:21 pm

MadJack, take good care of yourself; buy more groceries, TP, and anything else you need to get you through. If you have nearby neighbors or grown kids that you like and/or trust, let them know what's going on and they will probably offer their assistance if you need it. If not, let Social Services know so that they can call or stop by and make sure everything is okay every so often. Meanwhile, we'll say a few prayers for you and yours that, whatever happens, you all will be able to handle it and come up smiling.

Best Wishes
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby jondbar628 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:59 pm

MJ............YOu're not alone, we all hit that time in our lives when EVERYTHING seems to go SO wrong. I know I have at 68. Mom (90) with dementia, multiple deaths of some of the best ones in the family. We're with you. Endeavour to persevere dude, you're in our prayers.............jd
jondbar628
Teardrop Master

Postby mikeschn » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:04 am

Oh MJ, sorry to hear the bad news...

Keep us informed, and take care of yourself.

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby vairman » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:52 am

Hi Jack, we're sorry to hear about all the health issues that you and your family are having. We hope that everything goes well for everyone. Terri and I will be keeping you and yours in our thoughts and prayers.
Greg & Terri
Women are angels, but, when someone breaks their wings, they simply continue to fly on a broomstick.
vairman
500 Club

Postby WarPony » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:03 am

Good thoughts and good smoke is coming your way, brother!!! You guys will make it through this rough spot, I have faith.

Jeff and Anna
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby Rainier70 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:51 pm

Hang in there. God Bless you and your family!
Rainier70
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Cindy » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:35 am

Hey, Jack. We all know that stuff is going to go wrong. I'm not sure why we are so surprised when it happens. You have been through worse. Call Meals on Wheels and make arrangements for them to deliver you meals on weekdays and see if there is a county bus that gives rides to us elderly people. It cost a few bucks and can take you to the store or the doctor. When the hotel social worker asks if you need help at home, say "YES." and let them determine what you need.
It will all work out one way or the other. Hope you are ok with Jesus just in case.
Cindy
Hot Cindy
My goal is to really live my life. I want to take risks, make a difference, and know that I have done all I can do to give hope to others.
Cindy
500 Club

Postby Nobody » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:43 pm

Prayers sent your way MJ. Hope that's all ya need to get thru this. I had a heart cath the day before T'giving last year. Cardiologist was trying to find why I'd been having lightheadedness/dizziness since March 2016. Instead they found up to 70% blockage in some coronary arteries. Doc elected to try alternative medicine rather than more invasive surgery/stents so I started EECP therapy on Dec 6 but had to stop after 2 days when they implanted a pacemaker due to slow heartrate (under 50bpm). Cardiologist said to lay off the EECP for at least 2 weeks so I started it again Dec 27th, Mon thru Thur for an hour each day . Circumstances conspired to make me miss several days so I didn't finish 'til Mar 6th. Still don't know if it worked but it was interesting & somewhat fun. Won't know 'til next heart cath but EECP has a good record so I'm hoping. Now if I can just get rid of the lightheadedness/dizziness we should be back to camping again. Good luck on your by-pass surgery. We'll be pulling for ya. Oh yeah, I'm scheduled for gall bladder surgery (laparoscopy ) on Tuesday at noon so I/we could use a few intercessory prayers also... This will be a sorta minor, outpatient surgery but I still go under a general anesthetic which ain't necessarily good for an old man with up to 70% coronary artery blockage.
Harvey -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Doing the right thing ain't always easy but, . . . it's always right!
Nobody
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby M C Toyer » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:32 pm

Mad Jack -

Everyone's experience with heart issues is probably unique but your cardiologist having discovered the problem before you had a major heart attack works well in your favor by avoiding the potential permanent damage and hastening your recovery.

I've had a couple of procedures in the past few years. In both cases I recognized some symptoms of what was likely to happen and drove myself to the ER at 3 AM. The first time I arrived with BP of 215/90 (never any prior symptoms and did not have the means to check at home - I do now and its a daily routine). 90% blockage in my main artery was the diagnosis. By 9 AM I was in recovery after catheterization and a stent and 24 hours later back at home. The next day I began a personal rehab walking 3-4 miles a day 2-3 days a week and camping, kayaking or biking on the other days and truthfully felt more energy than I had in several years.

The next procedure was the replacement of a heart valve which required open heart surgery. I had delayed the operation for a couple of years because I was the only caretaker for my disabled and terminally ill wife. Several months after she passed I was having difficulty keeping my blood pressure under control and another ER trip revealed the need for multiple bypasses so the open heart procedure for all was done that afternoon. 36 hours later I was back at home and at my regular routine.

My point is you may have some short term challenges but as others have suggested with a bit of help you should be able to manage and you may well find yourself in much better shape afterwards than you are now.
M C Toyer
The 300 Club

Postby madjack » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:59 pm

1rst, HARVEY, this is not competition...we both need to get better and get back to the woods!!!!

...to the good, the Doc said my heart is solid and sound, it is just the plumbing had 75% blockage in multiple spots...I've known many folks who had successful outcomes with this surgery and I fully expect to be bettern ever...

...my wife...she hasn't driven in nearly 5 yrs...why...cause she had me(and 2 major brain surgeries which left her over the left field fence)...this has motivated her to get out and drive and she has done quite well...

...the apnea, which started all this, appears to be responding quite well to Apap therapy, dropping from 50 events per hour to around 6/7 with the loaner machine from the sleep center...now to round up a grand (orso)...

...my Mom, while I want to be with her, she is at MD Anderson in Houston(as good as it gets) and my sister, an Aunt, along with numerous cousins all live in the area so, she is certainly not alone...

I feel blessed to discover this problem in the manner in which I did. I want everyone to know how appreciative and humbled by all the prayers and support offered...oh yeah, don't forget Harvey in those prayers along with all of us in these trying times...
GOD BLESS.................,.
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby PKCSPT » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:28 am

Hope your out camping soon. Always room for one more prayer or 3
121172 116946 159644
PKCSPT
Silver Donating Member

Postby Nobody » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:42 am

Sorry Jack, didn't intend to sound as if I was trying to 'one up' your condition. I'm aware of your (& Marlene's) family situation; sympathize! I'm really grateful that I remain in as good condition as I am, & can still do my 'everyday' stuff. Prayers sent.
Harvey -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Doing the right thing ain't always easy but, . . . it's always right!
Nobody
1000 Club
1000 Club

Next

Return to South Central