Scotty (Coyote) and Raven (Staryder61)

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Scotty (Coyote) and Raven (Staryder61)

Postby Staryder61 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:09 pm

Coyote, in last PM you were talking about the short in the Scotty, :(
Did you get the aluminum skin, pulled up and find the short?
I'm still working on the wiring.. on the Raven.. David
Stay safe, David

Our CTC
6' X 12' CTC = Texas Sized Tackle Box
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=74704
Staryder61
Silver Donating Member

Re: Scotty (Coyote) and Raven (Staryder61)

Postby coyote » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:49 pm

Finally, YES. self inflected I'm afraid, but all fine now! :thumbsup: Yes, pulled the side trim loose in the back, removed side staples, and lifted the alum. top up enough to get at it. Don't want to ever do that again. Went after the rock guard with a passion, but :? it's the end of the day, Scotty is just not coming to B.B. The tear will, and then refreshed and back at it again. I also need attach tongue box and weld electric tongue jack. Probably best not to take a very long shake down run, anyway. :lol: About got the bulkhead and wiring finished? :twisted:
Heading out to Dangerfield Friday, then Monday on to Atlanta state park then Wednesday to 14 at B.B. Looking forward. Dave
coyote
Titanium Donating Member

Postby Staryder61 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:30 pm

:)
This will work since the PM's went down.. and my email is in my signature also..
Sounds like you are still doing good on the Scotty.. Well, you do have the tear for a back-up.. That works.. :thumbsup:
You've got a busy week coming up (camping)
You can use the Scotty at a later date..

Bulkhead is finished,, All Dc and AC wiring is in place.. have tested out the DC the last couple days, everything there works so far.. no problems.. ;)
AC, still needs to be tested, but, don't really see where there could be a problem there.. kept it simple and by the book (David's book) :lol:
Now, to finish up the trailer lighting,, main thing there is checking the wiring we did and getting the wires ran for the placement of the clearance lights..

Still think I can pull off BB,, not looking forward to sleeping in the back of the Suburban :( ;) ain't happening, If I have anything to do with it..
Are tents allowed in that area of BB ? cringe the thought... :thinking: :roll:

Then the weather did a flop today:: :x bottom dropped out.. that northern came down.. at 2:00 pm we were at 38 degrees, real feel 28.. gheeeesh, Really?
Stay safe, David

Our CTC
Staryder61
Silver Donating Member

Postby coyote » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:55 am

I got up yesterday, had to walk outside and feel...yes patchy snow had blown in under storage & stuck on front of tear :scratchthinking: It's Okla. I'm used to darlin' bride running a.c. periodically by now! It was 27. (I've used air at Beaver couple times in the past) Not positive, but seems tents are ok in that loop, they are very easy/nice there. They allow us to double up if needed. (Not a problem for 2-10 ft. rigs to fill a spot intended for a 35 footer) OK, at this point, you could grab a set of emergency tow lights, :twisted: clamp them on, string the harness and GO! :applause: There are several loops there, Acorn, Buckeye and Cedar come to mind, we are at Buckeye. Nice little museum/shop there, and if you Geocashe, 1st one last year got me 50 flights of stairs on my Fit-Bit! OK, I gotta let this go, another hour of this thinking and we'll start loading! :lol: We did show up a WEEK early once! :roll: , but hey, 8 hours on the road, 2 tanks of gas, home and back ...or....I burned some vacation! (Whole grounds to ourselves, for a week, birds, critters, lake...yeah, it was awful :lol: ) OK, learned a few things on the Scotty, time to update a few things on the tear. Dave
coyote
Titanium Donating Member

Postby Staryder61 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:39 am

NO SNOW,,, :lol: cold is bad enough... A few years ago it did snow here on Easter :o received about 3 inches, but was gone that afternoon.. that's the only kind of snow I like.. ;)
Always say "If it snows longer than a day here, will be moving farther south". :roll:

OK, you're inspiring me more to get this thing done.. need a break from the house.. the weather's going to have to co-operate some though.. mentioned the tent,, was told "NO WAY".. :D
Trailer lights shouldn't take much longer... they will be easier then the AC, DC wiring.. have everything to get them done.. have to route the wires up the sides, getting them to the hatch area.. can work on them inside the shop, til it warms up more to get it back outside..
Just need to quit looking at the calendar.. :lol: :NC

Can smell the campfire,,,, David
Stay safe, David

Our CTC
Staryder61
Silver Donating Member

Postby Staryder61 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:55 pm

Next weeks update. Dave,, The tear's not making it next week.. I pulled my back really bad Sunday.. working on it.. trying to rush, finishing up the wiring underneath :x and there's just to much to be finished even to make it campable.. specially with a pulled back now..
Can barely move around at this point.. :(

So PLAN B has been activated.. :thinking: ( David's & Linda's Law: always have a plan B ) ;)

Back willing, with some needed rest for it. We will make next week in the Suburban, with a SUV tent ( Linda nicknamed the tent the SOFTY ) that slips over the back hatch on the Suburban.

Like the one in the following picture::
and we'll come enjoy the 4 days with friends and make new friends.. :thumbsup:
Then work on the tear when we get back.. taking the time to finish it right.. :) There will be plenty other places and times this camping season to meet up and camp in the next few months with the tear.. :D .

So we'll see you soon, David
Stay safe, David

Our CTC
Staryder61
Silver Donating Member

Postby coyote » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:32 am

So sorry, hope you get better soon.
coyote
Titanium Donating Member

Postby Staryder61 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:28 pm

Thanks coyote, working on taking it easy for now.. :)
Stay safe, David

Our CTC
Staryder61
Silver Donating Member

Postby Staryder61 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:47 pm

Did you get the updates done on the tear?
Still working on relaxing the back.. It's starting to show better signs.. :thumbsup: :)

David
Stay safe, David

Our CTC
Staryder61
Silver Donating Member

Postby tony.latham » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:13 pm

Staryder61 wrote:Did you get the updates done on the tear?
Still working on relaxing the back.. It's starting to show better signs.. :thumbsup: :)

David

Sheeeesh..... these dang backs.

I'm bully on TENS units. They're cheap and effective:

https://www.amazon.com/TENS-7000-Digital-Unit-accessories/dp/B00NCRE4GO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1523590911&sr=8-4&keywords=tens+unit

:thumbsup:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby Staryder61 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:09 am

tony.latham wrote:

https://www.amazon.com/TENS-7000-Digital-Unit-accessories/dp/B00NCRE4GO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1523590911&sr=8-4&keywords=tens+unit

Tony

Haven't been this bad for a long while.. Little flare up once in awhile, gone as fast as it arrived.. :)

Though, this time it hit Sunday, I've been in bed with it off and on most of the week, . :(

Maybe time to look into a Tens Unit..

If I could give the younger generation 5 pieces of sound advice?

No# 1. Take care of your body and don't abuse it.. ( No motorcycle wrecks, getting thrown from bulls etc...)

Still working on #2 - #5 :lol:

David
Stay safe, David

Our CTC
Staryder61
Silver Donating Member

Postby coyote » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:34 am

redid door seals, in keeping with OK. spring :oops: ... testing right now. Got Scotty inside repainted, inside window frames in, fan trim in, welder lined up for tongue jack, 1st (?) rock guard finished. Out side door material is white "plastic"; may make another out of left over alum. top material, so it looks better/more finished. Replaced original rear lights with very similar leds. Way brighter, if not original. (but then, the only '65 stuff left is the frame,door frame, alum sides and some interior trim.) So is it a '65 anyway? :) Rest up, campin' to do!
coyote
Titanium Donating Member

Postby Staryder61 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:13 am

You have been busy.. :thumbsup: I'd say it's a '65 anyway.. :D
Bet it's looking great, can't wait to see it..

Years ago I did a build using frame and body of a '51 Chevy five window pickup.. ( went with '69 Camaro drive line, bored and balanced 327. Suspension from a 1970 Camaro. )
Still '51 Chevy :lol: Was what we called a ( Sleeper ) :twisted: Wish I had it now to pull tear with when it's finished.. :R

I'm resting up, Haven't done anything for days.. Though driving me nuts,, I can deal with a few more days relaxing to hopefully be better for some camping.. Tear can wait awhile..

Tony .... Did order a TENS unit.. Used one several years ago and it worked.. So will try another one.. It should be here Monday.. Thanks for recommending and reminding me..
Stay safe, David

Our CTC
Staryder61
Silver Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:36 am

I am looking forward to pulling my Scotty with my '79 Chevy stepside, that is next on the list after the Cowgirl Camper is done. I put a shower in my Scotty last week and took the first shower in it yesterday and it worked ok, although I decided I want to go ahead and plumb a drain, (I was thinking about just using towels to soak up the water and sun drying them).
I also found that after banging and sawing and making so much vibration in the Scotty the twisty nails had started coming out of the roof! I am going to pick up some sealant today and knock them back down. Looking forward to BB rain or shine
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Staryder61 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:49 am

tony.latham wrote:

Tony

Got the TENS unit, it helps a lot.. :) Though, just went to the Chiropractor this morning.. He had to do some major adjustments.. go back again on Monday.. Knew it was in bad shape this time.. It's been 9 days.. He said to keep using the TENS.. and showed me better placement for the pads.. :thumbsup:
So shouldn't be long and be back on the tear,, doing it slowly... David
Stay safe, David

Our CTC
Staryder61
Silver Donating Member

Next

Return to South Central