Christmas Gathering FRI, 11 - DEC 13

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Re: Christmas Gathering FRI, 11 - DEC 13

Postby 2bits » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:09 pm

I just updated the list at the top of the thread and here is a map for you also, most people are still going. We will have a pot luck for those interested and that should be around 6pm Sat or maybe slightly earlier just keep your ears open for updates. We will do the gift exchange after we are done eating. 8)

PS: Sorry you are not on the map, it was made on the FB side
Attachments
map.jpg
map.jpg (151 KiB) Viewed 890 times
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby DJ Davis » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:51 pm

All,

Just speaking for myself, the trip to Loyd Park was worth it! It was a pleasure meeting y'all and I look forward to future gatherings.

I know I was the first to roll out on Sun AM, due to the distance I had to travel, and I "stealthed out" a little at 0708. I hope everyone made it home safely. I had a good drive back, except the wind-driven rain pelting the right side of the camper somehow got through the window gasket. I know that's where it got in because there was a dark smudge of road grime on the bottom of the curtain. Yes, it was lowered and locked. My "pre-flight checks" involve a double check. "AR," ya know....

At off-load at home I noted the mattress was wet in a few places. I pulled the sections out and found water under the gym matting. I pulled the matting out and sponged up a couple of quarts of rainwater! Luckily I came home to sun and 72 F, so the pieces laid out dried quickly. I'll do reassembly later this afternoon after work. When's the next camping event...?

Jin said she's a little sad she passed on the gathering and hopes that maybe the next one will be a little closer to SA-TX. If I can figure out what they injected Mr. T with on the A-Team I can get her to Cedar Cove in Apr. She asked me to suggest a gathering at the South Padre Island KOA. We went there back in Oct of this year (first time) and it's very nice. That one would be best for a Spring visit after the Snowbirds migrate back north. I know that will be a heckuva drive for some, but maybe y'all can make it a two (or three) day drive. That's my plan for Apr, SA-TX to overnight in HICO, TX, then on up to OK the next day.

For those of you that decided to cancel, you missed a great event, but I hope we'll cross paths at the next one for intros.

Until then, Happy Trails!

DJ
DJ

They say "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." I've noted that if it doesn't kill you, it waits patiently for another opportunity.
DJ Davis
Teardrop Master

Postby 2bits » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:15 pm

Hey DJ, I am glad you enjoyed the group and we definitely enjoyed your company as well. Here are a few photos from the trip for your better half and we all hope to see you again! Right now the only gathering we have is the one in April but keep your eyes peeled for the spring!
Attachments
IMG_0007.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG (117.97 KiB) Viewed 856 times
IMG_0008.JPG
IMG_0008.JPG (126.99 KiB) Viewed 856 times
IMG_0012.JPG
IMG_0012.JPG (154.48 KiB) Viewed 856 times
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby capnTelescope » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:13 pm

DJ, we're glad you managed to join us. Those folks are mostly from DFW, but still good to camp with.

South Padre Island sounds like a winner. Throw out a date and see who bites.
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

Brad
ImageImageImage

Building the Bed & Breakfast
capnTelescope
Lifetime member

Previous

Return to South Central