Cleburne State Park, Arrive 5-14 Depart 5-16

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Re: Cleburne State Park, Arrive 5-14 Depart 5-16

Postby 2bits » Mon May 10, 2021 8:16 pm

I have no idea if I will be there. I know I booked Thursday so I could arrive early except my new camper STILL is not in. It is three weeks late now. I cleaned out my old camper and it is up for sale so I won't be in it so I could be teardropping or I may be doing a deal on my old one or picking up my new one but if I DO go, I will need to leave Saturday as I am going to church with my mom on Sunday for a make-up Mother's day. So in all that mess, the answer is "maybe" :?
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby DJ Davis » Tue May 11, 2021 8:54 am

All,

I'm going to formally cancel. The weather is looking dicey for the weekend and I'd rather sit in my comfy recliner with a good read vs. taking shelter in the camper.

Another reason to bail is we've made plans to go to the custom teardrop builders meet at Bull Shoals, AR, the second week of June. I've got a bit of preventative maintenance I want to do on the teardrop before the June trip which will put 'er up on the jack stands for a bit.

Whoever wants my site is welcome to coordinate with me to log in to the TPWD website and snag mine once I cancel. It's site 25 on the Keyhole loop, if you want to see where it is on the park map.

DJ
DJ

They say "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." I've noted that if it doesn't kill you, it waits patiently for another opportunity.
DJ Davis
Teardrop Master

Postby 2bits » Tue May 11, 2021 9:32 am

I would LOVE to do that bull shoals trip but is just too long of a drive for me in one sitting, maybe once I retire because I love that part of the country! You will know John and Melody up there so you'll have some familiar faces to talk to while you meet new friends. Have fun!!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby DJ Davis » Tue May 11, 2021 11:21 am

Thomas,

The park is allowing double parking for the event and Melody invited us to share their campsite. We'll be doing a 2-day drive - haven't picked my mid-point yet. I have a friend who owns a "farm" a little over a mile south of Emory just off of FM 19 and I might stop there for the free parking. I plan on taking backroads as much as possible to avoid going through Austin, so Emory might be a little short of halfway, but it'll be a decent place to stop.

Let me know if you hear of anyone who wants my Cleburne site.

DJ
DJ

They say "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." I've noted that if it doesn't kill you, it waits patiently for another opportunity.
DJ Davis
Teardrop Master

Postby 2bits » Tue May 11, 2021 11:45 am

DJ Davis wrote:Thomas,

The park is allowing double parking for the event and Melody invited us to share their campsite. We'll be doing a 2-day drive - haven't picked my mid-point yet. I have a friend who owns a "farm" a little over a mile south of Emory just off of FM 19 and I might stop there for the free parking. I plan on taking backroads as much as possible to avoid going through Austin, so Emory might be a little short of halfway, but it'll be a decent place to stop.

Let me know if you hear of anyone who wants my Cleburne site.

DJ

Emory is right across the lake from me! 19 is a great straight run all the way up from Palestine to Oklahoma. I would invite you over but it looks like I'll be heading towards Austin to deliver my camper to it's new owner (meet in the middle)
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby coyote » Thu May 13, 2021 3:36 pm

:D I'm here, if anyone's still coming, drop on by. Coyote
coyote
Titanium Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Thu May 13, 2021 5:04 pm

coyote wrote::D I'm here, if anyone's still coming, drop on by. Coyote

Reminds me of that line in Apollo 13… "what are we have on the spaceship that's good"
Woody, Brad Mike and Brenda and Barry and Rhonda are still in I'm guessing.

My old camper is sold and my new camper is not here yet. I could teardrop it but I have to install an AC in my old camper to get it out the door and get that cash in hand. Bike riding trails might be pretty muddy I'm guessing too
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Previous

Return to South Central