Please don't laugh at the new guy...

Washington, Oregon, Idaho & Alaska

Please don't laugh at the new guy...

Postby TotallyVW » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:18 pm

Coming from a Volkswagen enthusiast's background where pieces and parts are aplenty for the little cars, are there Swap Meets for the little trailers? Just acquired my first teardrop that is a blank slate and I am ready to dive in and have some fun.

Thanks
Mark
1967 VW Convertible
???? Teardrop
TotallyVW
Teardrop Inspector

Postby bledsoe3 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:26 am

Mark, Welcome to the forum. I've seen that one on craigslist. There is a teardrop gathering the first week of May and the organizer suggested some sort of swap meet there. Check it out http://www.teardrops.net/14thDG.html
There are quite a few N.W. gatherings as well. http://tnttt.com/viewto ... 062#181062
You should also check the for sale section at the bottom of the index page. Let me know if you want to see another one too.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby asianflava » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:48 am

I like those wide whitewalls! The rims too. ;)

Welcome to the maddness. :thumbsup:
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Et Cetera » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:04 pm

Welcome, from another Oregonian in the group!
~Teri
Et Cetera
Teardrop Master

Postby DRYVEM » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:11 pm

Welcome from yet another Oregonian.

Barbara
Barbara
Proud owner of a 2010 Martin Built Teardrop
DRYVEM
Lifetime member

Postby Mary K » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:37 pm

:laughter: :laughter: :laughter: :laughter:

Sorry, I was laughing at my Avatar, not you :no:

Welcome the the Playground. We stop playing kickball when we see a moderator or admin sign on... :lol:

Like your Tear. You are going to have allot of fun fixing her up! :thumbsup:

Mk
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby TotallyVW » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:48 pm

Thanks everyone. By the looks of your personal photo albums I have a lot to live up to. There sure are some very beautiful TD's around and I have my work cut out for me. I have found a lot of useful posts and will interfect when I can. See ya in the woods!
Mark
1967 VW Convertible
???? Teardrop
TotallyVW
Teardrop Inspector

Postby robert johnson » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:50 pm

Mark, what kind of stuff you looking for? There is an RV salvage yard north of you in Rochester Wa. http://www.singletonsrv.com/ I found windows there, also there are plenty of teardrop suppliers on line http://www.teardropparts.com/
good luck, Bob
PS: no one is laughing!!
robert johnson
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Gaston » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:44 pm

welcome to the funny farm :?
There are many resources in the Portland area. if there is anything you are looking for just post it here and a bunch of us will tell you where to go.
some might even help you find the needed part. :thumbsup:
We have all been there
The difficult we do now... the impossible takes a little longer
Gaston
Donating Member

Postby TotallyVW » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:37 am

I did email the outfit up in Rochester (thanks to another post I saw here) and they said that they had lots of stuff. I am mostly looking for an old crank open window, perhaps with multiple panes and an old retro style vent. Not sure about the galley yet, but maybe some old light switches and handles. I did order some door handles and galley latch from a site, Little Bear something. I am gonna need some trim and weatherstripping I imagine. I plan to fashion a set of rear fenders from a Bug for the trailer as well (since my tow vehicle is a Bug). This is gonna be a fun summer!
Mark
1967 VW Convertible
???? Teardrop
TotallyVW
Teardrop Inspector

Postby bledsoe3 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:42 am

Mark, What part of Portland are you from. Randy from this site is coming to my place Friday night to see my tear. If you want to look, PM me.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Gage » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:21 am

bledsoe3 wrote:Mark, What part of Portland are you from. Randy from this site is coming to my place Friday night to see my tear. If you want to look, PM me.

I think I'll wait until Shasta to see your tear. ;)

Mark, do you have an idea of what size windows you want? I just might have something. If I do, I could take them up to Shasta and give them to a Portland resident so as to get them close to you.

My last VW
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby triker45 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:32 pm

Welcome Mark from another Oregonian and V-Dubber. I hope you enjoy the trip. If you get down south(Grants Pass area) give a shout. By the way my VWs have one less wheel than yours. Triker Jerry
triker45
Teardrop Master

Postby TotallyVW » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:03 pm

Gage wrote:Mark, do you have an idea of what size windows you want? I just might have something. If I do, I could take them up to Shasta and give them to a Portland resident so as to get them close to you.[/i][/b]

My trailer is quite small, so something in the range of 12x18. If you have any pictures I would like to see them. The commoradarie surrounding Teardrops is very impressive. I am not even sure a VW owner that has never met me or heard of me would be willing to work a complicated deal such as this one. All I can say is "Wow".
Mark
1967 VW Convertible
???? Teardrop
TotallyVW
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Gage » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:12 am

TotallyVW wrote: <snip>
My trailer is quite small, so something in the range of 12x18. If you have any pictures I would like to see them. The commoradarie surrounding Teardrops is very impressive. I am not even sure a VW owner that has never met me or heard of me would be willing to work a complicated deal such as this one. All I can say is "Wow".

Yep, understand small (your small). I've got to make a delivery tomorrow at 1:00. When I get back, I'll take a look at what I have and get back to you tomorrow night. I'll also take pictures. I just may have something. The ones I have came off the Scotsman when I trashed it to build the current Scotsman Tear HB.

Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Next

Return to North West