Dam Gathering

Washington, Oregon, Idaho & Alaska

How many from the North West plan to attend the Dam Gathering.

Yes
48%
No
10%
Unsure at this time
29%
Maybe if I every finish this @%*& thing.
14%
Other, I'll explain below
No votes

Total votes : 21

Postby Pam Wright » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:34 pm

Don't mean to highjack the thread... but Rainjer, ITG is every other year, none in '08... and Lance, Have your wife check out the thread on Lady Teardroppers... and quiltin' lots to get her hooked!!! hope you can make it to Shasta, I'll show her my "Cherry Drop"!!
Pam
Rocky Mountain TearJerkers
Director

"Be well, Be safe, Be Happy!"

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Postby Caradoc » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:10 pm

Well folks, since I wrote my initial query earlier in this thread, I've started building my trailer, and my wife is now very excited about the whole project, now that she sees where I'm going. We can even crawl inside.

Image Image

I'm now trying to determine if I can come with with an incomplete trailer to the Dam Gathering. I figure if I can get a back door on, skin the top, and put a latching side door on, even if I don't do the weatherproofing, it may be road worthy. I'll take a tarp to throw over it if it does rain. Can I do this in three weeks?

I need to order a hurricane hinge and other parts from Grant, but if I'm going to be there, I figure I can skip the shipping by picking them up directly. However, if I want to put on the rear hatch, I need some sort of hinge. Hmm.

If my trailer is not finished, I'll need to look around to get idea on how to do so. I'm sure you guys can help. :)

--Lance
Caradoc
Teardrop Advisor

Postby grant whipp » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:41 am

Hey, Lance!

No problem coming to the Dam Gathering with an unfinished teardrop ... it's been done many, many times, and folks always love to see a project "in progress" as it were ... so bring 'er on over! :thumbsup: ... :thumbsup:

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby grant whipp » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:53 am

Juli n Bill wrote:We're going to be passing by the area that weekend with the tear and a 28 ft cargo trailer. :) We're moving north and Shasta is right on our way. If there's someplace that we can park the cargo trailer we might drop in and say hi. We'll need a break at that point of the trip and Shasta is about where we would be planning on spending the night anyway.

Hey there, Juli n Bill!

Lots 'o room at Antlers RV Park & Campgrounds (home of the Dam Gatherings, if ya hadn't heard ... ;) ), so stop on by and we'll find you a space! We'll look forward to meeting you ...

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby Gage » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:36 am

An unfinished teardrop at the 10th Dam Gathering.

Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Gaston » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:17 pm

Hey Gage
I didn't know it was unfinished. From the pictures ,I just thought you were giving a demo of "tarpology" ;)
The difficult we do now... the impossible takes a little longer
Gaston
Donating Member

Postby bledsoe3 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:20 am

Gaston, I haven't heard from you yet. Are you going to the Dam Gathering?
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Gage » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:53 am

Gaston wrote:Hey Gage
I didn't know it was unfinished. From the pictures ,I just thought you were giving a demo of "tarpology" ;)

At least you can see mine. That was more than I could say about the one beside me. And it was a finished (outside) tear. :lol:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Juli n Bill » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:18 pm

Well plans have changed and now it looks like we'll be moving north the weekend before the Dam gathering. Darn. :( We're moving to Washington State btw, Port Townsend to be exact, we were planning on taking our time packing and then setting off sometime at the end of next week. Now it looks like we'll be heading out as soon as we get our new 24ft cargo trailer packed, probably this coming Sunday. Hopefully we'll be able to make it to a gathering soon and show off the new galley and meet everyone.
Have fun!
Juli
Juli n Bill
Teardrop Master

Postby halfdome, Danny » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:51 pm

Juli n Bill wrote:Well plans have changed and now it looks like we'll be moving north the weekend before the Dam gathering. Darn. :( We're moving to Washington State btw, Port Townsend to be exact, we were planning on taking our time packing and then setting off sometime at the end of next week. Now it looks like we'll be heading out as soon as we get our new 24ft cargo trailer packed, probably this coming Sunday. Hopefully we'll be able to make it to a gathering soon and show off the new galley and meet everyone.
Have fun!
Juli

Juli, an advanced welcome to Western Washington. Port Townsend is quite a nice area for sure. The Spring Fling May 25th - May 28th in Morton WA. is the main event in this area. Contact Trudy Glassett [email protected] to reserve your space. We would love to see you guys and your tear. :D Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby grant whipp » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:55 pm

Well, Juli & Bill ...

... there's always the Northwest Teardrop Spring Fling in Morton, WA, over the Memorial Day weekend! It's roughly 40 mi. east of I-5 on Hwy 12, some 60-odd mi. north of the OR/WA border. Great bunch of folks up there! If all works out, maybe I'll make it up again, this year ... :roll: ... :roll: ...

Good Luck with your move ... Port Townsend is really nice, and I'm really envious ... :thumbsup: ... :thumbsup: ...! In the meantime ...

CHEERS!

Grant
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby Gaston » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:43 pm

Of course I'm going.
In fact I'm going ,and going,and going .......
We are taking the teardrop to slidell LA . and maybe to Destin FL.
Plan to enjoy the company of the fine fokes at the Damn gathering. Then to Reno NV for a little R&R then across 50 to the great basin area, down to Zion then over to Grand Canyon. leave the canyon and off to Taos MN. (been promising the boss she could go there for years) on down into Texas to San Antonio via Lubbock them to Galvenston then back up to 10 then over to my sisters home in Slidell. LA. Of course she won't be home so we'll wander on over to her home in Destin FL. and hook up with her and her husband for a month long cruise on their new yacht to the Bahamas and back
If we survive all the sun and fun there we will tackle the trip home!
I don't have a clue how we are going on the return trip. :?
The difficult we do now... the impossible takes a little longer
Gaston
Donating Member

Postby bledsoe3 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:25 am

Gaston wrote:Of course I'm going.

Great, I'll get to see your tear now that it is complete.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Previous

Return to North West